Pre-season Schedule and games

191011121315»

Comments

• :hmm: Anyone think we can just outscore city next week
  • I think that may be the aim.
  • It had better be the aim.
  • Has there been a goal yet?
  • Love how Wilshire control changes the direction of play
  • It’s now Sanchez and Snodgrass in the centre of midfield. I might go behind my sofa.
  • How did Snodders not get a free kick there? Geezer went through him, and got none of the ball...
  • Total lack of ball boys again. Will cost us points this season
  • That was a heartening performance, early defensive dithering apart.

There was a spell where we looked irresistible going forward. What looks like our first choice front 5 really seem to be clicking.

Once we got going, it was a much more concerted defensive performance, with the forward MFs taking responsibility for working back.

Cressers looked far sharper, and even when we made the 2nd half changes, the players that came on actually looked decent.

Lovely cameo from Diangana, who probably should have had a goal.
  • A lot to be excited about for this season after watching that. Front 5 are top class.
  • I don't think Pellegrini is going to change, he is committed to this team and the expansive midfielders

They need to look at City/Dortmund/Liverpool and the way they press

It's been proven you can stack the midfield with playmakers and still have a good shape/defence

Unfortunately while individually we press fine, I'm worried that these players aren't good enough as a unit

Rice has been woefully exposed because it's easy to play through our press, and that's why we've been shipping goals

Premier league managers are smart, they will see these vulnerabilities and expose it

But I do agree in terms of when we are in possession, we are very very highly exciting and if we can balance it with good defensive shape we will have a fantastic season
  • Decent enough pre-season. Best thing is that we seem to have come out of it without any major injury worries. Fab seems likely to make the City game, which is was our biggest concern.

I can only echo what's already been said; going forward we're going to be very exciting, but defensively we're going to struggle. Just a shame that it's City first up :weep:
  • Why's that OCS? Did you want to beat Spurs first up instead of City? :biggrin:
  • In the last 4 games they've put 4 past us twice (our home games), and beaten us by the odd goal in the other two. In the closer games, we were let down by not taking our chances. So we play them like we are the away team, and smash and grab three goals. Simples.
  • Who’s starting the City thread?
  • Well-volunteered, that fan.
  • Somebody was on an unbeaten run at the end of last season, though :hmm:
  • Lukerz, I think.
  • Get on it, Lukerz. I’m curious to see what result Hamstew is predicting for this one.
This discussion has been closed.