January 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• I thought it was john Sullivan who wrote " only fools & Horses "

not David Sulivan ;biggrin
  • Brookings, I seem to remember Brummie fans telling us that they experienced exactly the same when the Davies ran Birmingham city. ;hmm
  • Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't see an issue at all in going in low and slowly increasing towards an acceptable price.
  • Its called negotiation I think Alderz , its very easy to spend someone elses money ;lol
  • Heard we're in for Beckham again ;wink
  • Bilic: I need a striker and a right back

Sully: Ok, but I've got a deal on a centre back and a winger

Bilic: But we don't need those. We need a striker and a right back

Sully: but there's no deals to be had there and these two are a steal

Bilic: but they won't improve the team and we will still be short

Sully: too late, deal done. I got a bargain.

Jokes aside, I sometimes feel this is how we do business. If Sully was to go into a shop needing a screwdriver to change a fuse for the tv, and saw that Allen keys were half price, he'd come home with 5 Allen keys and no screwdriver but telling the whole house what a great deal he got yet no one could watch the tv.

Come on the David's, surprise us please.

• Brooklyn that is ..
  • Could this be a bridge too far ;beer
  • This time next year we'll be millionaires ;biggrin
  • New York , London , Paris looking for a pukka deal ..

you know it makes sense.
  • So the transfer window has its first victim.

Hope you feel better soon Brookings
  • olds ;ok ;lol yes agree I have lost it today ..
  • Wouldn't it be amusing (not) if someone else just came along and offered Brentford what they want for Hogan and got him? ;whistle
  • Isn't it odd that nobody has? ;hmm
  • edited January 2017
    What I think is funny, is that there is this idea that if another club wants one of our players they will be off because the player wants to be, so what's the point in keeping a player who doesn't want to be here, yet we should instantly go in at asking price for anyone we want
  • You with your logic. Where did that ever get anybody.

;wink
  • Sorry alderz there is a difference, if Real Madrid come in for Payet they will put the decent money up, they are not going to offer 5m or completely lowball us for Payet and then we see him go.

There is a difference between offering 5m to a team who wants to stay in the PL and could earn 100m from staying in the PL for their best player and a Real Madrid coming along offering in excess of 30m+ for Payet.
  • Yeold

Yet, when people on this forum said in the summer they would only accept £80m for Payet, others were suggesting that if he wanted to go we would have to accept bids of less than that, because if he wanted to then what can we do.
  • Swansea have agreed an £8m fee with Spurs for Tom Carroll.
  • I wouldn't sell Payet for less than 50 personally, but 35m is a some what reasonable offer.

Its not like what we have done which is go to Hull and Sunderland and are offering half what they paid for those players for most probably their best players.

I don't think any club would come to West Ham and offer 5m half what we paid for Payet to try and buy him ? its insulting and doesn't seem like you are even trying to negotiate more like trying to wind up the other team whilst making it look like you are "trying" to do a deal when clearly you're not.

I think there is a different between putting in a lower offer to test the waters and increasing your bid and flat out offering something that is outright laughable really.
  • If I was Snodgrass, I'd go "jeez, West Ham reckon I'm worth £3m-£5m, brilliant, well worth going there then".

If I was Defoe, I'd go "jeez, West Ham reckon I'm worth £5m-£6m, brilliant, well worth going there then".

It doesn't exactly endear you to the player.

It winds the club up too, who probably feel it's a massive waste of time and is an attempt to unsettle the player. I think that's exactly what we're doing. Make a bid, make it public, unsettle the player and hope he hands in a request and you can bring the price down.

Snodgrass, I don't want or rate. If he's to replace Feghouli, there is an argument to say he's an upgrade because Feghouli has done nothing whilst Snodgrass has scored goals and got assists for a poor side.

As Yeold says, if Madrid came and offered £15m for Payet, I would look at that as a deliberate attempt to unsettle him, knowing full well we'd never accept that.
  • Swansea have agreed an £8m fee with Spurs for Tom Carroll.

;hmm That's what they've bid. Allegedly.

Have you got a more up-to-date link to confirmed agreement? Last I saw, Spurs were holding out for 10m.
  • IronHerb said:

Isn't it odd that nobody has? ;hmm

Lets see if Sam bids if he can off load Benteke.

I reckon the Board think they can operate using the "Levy" process & he comes unstuck on occasions.

• edited January 2017

Swansea have agreed an £8m fee with Spurs for Tom Carroll.

Another sign of how stupid football has become. A ridiculous amount of money
  • got that right Twist mad money for him
  • ITK on KUMB (Jinxed) says Snodgrass deal imminent, Bats enquired about, Hogan and Johnson have stalled and Antonio going nowhere.
  • Few updates from Ex on Phoenix FM:

We've offered Brentford £13m plus clauses for Hogan. They're holding out for £15m

Trippier is our No1 right back target. I think we all know how that ends.

Also interested in Iorfa, Fonte, Jenkinson and Sakho

We're trying to sell Feghouli to Roma but they want a loan deal. Snodgrass would be the replacement target.

Bilic watched Martinez play for the U23s the other night and was impressed. He may feature for the first team soon.

Antonio and Randy will be offered New contracts.

Payet likely to go in the summer.

I hope we don't miss out on Hogan for the sake of £2m. I wonder if Martinez is the back up plan ;hmm

Would love Trippier, but I feel Jenkinson is more likely.

Twenty long days to go...
This discussion has been closed.