Comments

• Young, gifted, versatile and relatively experienced considering his age. Kiss of death but I think he'll do well :)
  • alderz said:
    We've announced him early. Bit of a risk if he's the only business of the day. Reckon we'll see at least one more.

But a very good signing, this. Good European experience and a very talented baller.

Really looking forward to seeing him. He won't start the Southampton game, but what an option to have on the bench; a genuine gamechanger, IMO.
  • I’m not sure how it’s a risk to announce him early. The club aren’t obligated to draw out the deadline day intrigue for the supporters.
  • Wow, I didn't expect that so early in the day. Looks like a good bit of business ( on paper )
  • I’m not sure how it’s a risk to announce him early. The club aren’t obligated to draw out the deadline day intrigue for the supporters.

No, but you know how it works. Fans will want more. Like Lukerz said on the other thread, if this was the only deal, I think they'd have announced it later in the day to reduce the ire.
  • He reminds me a little bit of Saint Maximin in that he's able to run at people with pace.

Reality is, whilst it wouldn't bother me when & how they announce deals, there is a massive media opportunity on a day like today for clubs to exploit & I would say WHUFC weren't doing their job if they missed it.
  • What media opportunity?
  • Taking part in the 'deadline day'
  • Sorry, I don’t understand 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • A lot of today is about PR. If the club play today well, they might get some credit in the bank with a section of the fan base that have been critical of the board.

If we sign players early, a number of fans - rightly or wrongly - will get the hump if the rest of the day passes without any action.

Not saying I agree with it, but I think there's a game to be played on deadline day.
  • edited August 2021
    BBC says £25m + £7m in add ons (ish)
  • Sounds absolutely ridiculous to me, but there we go.
  • I do know what youre saying OCS.
  • Then the news gets leaked that the announcement was delayed to try to make the club look good. Cue twitter meltdown.
  • edited August 2021
    Vlasic has a beard, by the way.

Like a young Slav.
  • I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Liverpool don't bid for Bowen...
  • From moyes
    "I was really impressed with how determined Nikola was to become a West Ham player. It's that hunger and ambition that fits with what we are trying to build here at the club."

That's what we want to see!!

Don't know much about him, but his record in Russia was very good, best player in their league, is a international for a top country and at 23 has his best years ahead of him

He is super versatile, can operate anywhere across the AM positions (appears #10 is his favoured position) and can also be used up top (although I think Bowen would he ahead of him)

Think Moyes will leave his time integrating him, but this could be an exciting player

Zouma (26), Areola (28) & Vlasic (23), three quality additions who have their best years ahead of them
  • I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Liverpool don't bid for Bowen...

Apologies I know this is the Vlasic thread but hopefully this might put Kuching's fears to rest.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/08/31/bowen-liverpool-west-ham/
  • edited August 2021
    He plays in Salahs position and so does Harvey Elliot who's already seeing game time out of his favoured position. If Bowen went to Liverpool he'd be emulating that man Jesse's path to the bench
  • Well pleased with this guy looks great on youtube 8min40 of goals/skills though not a single header?
  • Doesn't want to risk messing up his beard.
  • Looks a great signing. I have no idea about if signing him too early in the day makes a difference though
  • edited August 2021

He reminds me a little bit of Saint Maximin in that he's able to run at people with pace.

I have never watched him but this post gets me going somewhat!

• The new Alan Taylor 🏃‍♂️
  • And he's two footed, not bad at free kicks and penalties.
  • Isn't a two footed penalty illegal? 😂
  • He will wonder whats going on when we get the next penalty and he feels nine pairs of hands pushing him forward.
  • He will wonder whats going on when we get the next penalty and he feels nine pairs of hands pushing him forward.

Mind, he'll have to wait till next season for it. ☺️
  • Really pleased with this one.

Can play all attacking positions, 2 footed, almost 250 first team appearances at only 23, scorer (approx 1 every 5 games for total career, 1 in 3 for last couple of seasons), assister, full international for the last 4 years, apparently a great attitude, Player of the year for the Russian prem last season, decent beard.

Get in.