Vlasic Joins

2»

Comments

• He's playing for Croatia tonight live on sky on the red button. Half time and I think he looks decent.
  • How's the beard looking?
  • How's the beard looking?

Luxurious
  • edited September 2021

He's turned up with his bag in hand! The beard's been trimmed though.
  • I think that translates as "Croatian duty free"
  • edited September 2021

I think that translates as "Croatian duty free"

That’s a big bag for a travel adapter and an oversized Toblerone. Maybe he’s brought his own boots!!
  • edited September 2021
    Them Toblerones are big, especially the big ones.
  • I hope Vlasic can get a goal or assist soon. I think this may give him some confidence.
  • At present he looks no more than ok, he is not letting the side down but not adding to it at present, and well short of Lingard who we kind of imagined he replaced from the end of last season, even though they are not the same player exactly.

However I trust if Moyes spent that amount on him that he knows what he is doing and after three games I would have said the same about Fornells when he came in and he certainly adds to us now.
  • So why slate him so early in his career at West Ham when you defeat your own argument by using Fornals as a measure?
  • Lingard was familiar with the league and came in with a point to prove. He was also given an almost unbelievable amount of license to do what he wanted, with guaranteed minutes. That worked with him - at least for a while - but I'm not sure many other players were ever going to get that, so we can't expect the same.

It's hard to really say anything about Vlasic anyway as he hasn't looked the same in any of the games he's played. Was very positive and direct when he first came on in his debut, was not so influential against Zagreb's very deep defence but played ok, I thought against Man U in the league. He pressed well, was determined and looked like he's got some physicality. His cameo last night was disappointing, especially when he stopped his run for some reason, but it's way too early to say anything about him. If he'd put in similar types of performances in all 4 games then maybe but he hasn't, in my view.

Until he's missing chances, I'm not worried - just as I don't think Benrahma was really missing too many key chances last season, he was just doing other stuff rather than getting into the positions where he'd score.
  • I think the Lingard comparison is inevitable but harsh, because even when Lingard was in that sort of form we all recognised it was freakish, and he tailed off toward the end of the season. It’s still very, very early and let’s remember he’s only 23.
  • IronHerb said:

So why slate him so early in his career at West Ham when you defeat your own argument by using Fornals as a measure?

A bit confrontational Iron herb, whats all that about??

There is no slating... there is an offering a view of his opening performances which is actually saying he has been ok! What argument do you feel was being made that was defeated by using the example of Fornells, also starting ok but now a great asset to the team? Do you think I was suggesting he was a bad buy? that he should be dropped? what was I proposing as an argument? It was no more than a view so far and using Fornells as an example of a player that may not set the world alight immediately but could easily come good given a little time.

Is it a bit clearer now?
  • If he proves to be a good finisher, he will be very useful indeed. Fingers crossed...
  • Not confrontational at all c&b.
  • The only confrontation will be if people keep getting his name wrong, it's Fornals. Sorry to be a bug bear but it used to annoy me when people kept calling Tomkins, Tompkins.
  • I have awful issues with words Preston that has got a little better as I have got older, some Eastern European player names can shut my brain down completely. Fornals and Fornells is just lazy error on my part I am afraid.

Apologies Ironherb If I mistook the tone of your message.
  • edited September 2021
    33 goals in 103 appearances for CSKA over the last three seasons, a goal every 273 minutes.

Vlasic has made 4 appearances with a total of 185 minutes for us

Patience, Grasshopper...
  • I'm sorry c&b, I've had a mare of a morning with a plastic pallet which decided it didn't want to accept my pallet truck and then decided to wedge itself in the pallet. It took me half an hour of sawing it free. I shouldn't have taken my frustration out on you, I apologise. 👍
  • I have awful issues with words Preston that has got a little better as I have got older, some Eastern European player names can shut my brain down completely. Fornals and Fornells is just lazy error on my part I am afraid.

Apologies Ironherb If I mistook the tone of your message.

No probs. 👍
  • good luck to him but can put this down as a shocker for transfer business
  • Hopefully Torino will play him in his correct position and will get the best out of him. 😉
  • Only paid £12m for him so far, before Russian bank sanctions were imposed. May be a reason for lack of chances. Might write off any bonuses that could be triggered (cut our loss).
  • A square peg in Moyes's 4-2-3-1 round holes

I hope it works for him at Torino otherwise he'll be back here at the end of the season
  • It is disappointing as I really fancied him to come good, he has pedigree and I was hoping he would have a run in the side