Other matches Saturday 21st - Sunday 22nd August

Liverpool v Burnley, 12:30 BT Sport

Burnley's 1-0 win in January was their first at Anfield since 1974.

Comments

• Burnley lining up with shirts numbers 1-11, all of which correspond to their traditional positions.

This makes me happy.

I suspect alderz is with me on this.

Glorious.
  • Burnley lining up with shirts numbers 1-11, all of which correspond to their traditional positions.

This makes me happy.

I suspect alderz is with me on this.

Glorious.

Can confirm I’m a fan of this
  • edited August 2021
    Man City beat Norwich 5-0 but Billy Gilmour still got man of the match on the BBC ratings page playing in the Norwich Midfield. That must of been one hell of a performance.
  • Arsenal against Chelsea today, is it possible they could both lose please?
  • Old player alert.

Balbuena played yesterday, Dinamo Moscow are now top of the Russian Premier League although Rubin Kazan will go above them if the beat Khimiki (Russia's Watford)
  • Does that confused with Khimiki Gap services too? 😁
  • New season the fans are back ,But for some reason i still hate spurs =)
  • After watching Fred's contribution so far this afternoon I'm fully expecting United to bid for Rice this week.
  • What on earth are Man Utd wearing? What a truly awful away strip
  • Lingard coming on.
  • Poor by OGS, 5 minutes left, an insult to a player you supposedly told would get his chance.
  • We should make a bid for him now. If he really wants to come, great but if he doesn't then we move on.
  • candbsky, At Manchester United they deem that as being given a chance!
  • Arsenal are hilarious these days.
  • A group of really talented kids being led by someone totally out of his depth.
  • Arsenal are hilarious these days.

I read that Arsenal fans are worried because their new signing Ramsdale got both his last two clubs relegated. 😂

Oh dear! Yes, please.
  • Arteta out!!...... Too soon?
  • yoyo said:

Arteta out!!...... Too soon?

Why? I think he's doing just fine.
  • I’ve said it before - all this time without being able to attend matches seems to have brought the worst out of fans.
  • I’ve said it before - all this time without being able to attend matches seems to have brought the worst out of fans.

I've not noticed raised instances of unruly behaviour.
  • IronHerb said:

I’ve said it before - all this time without being able to attend matches seems to have brought the worst out of fans.

I've not noticed raised instances of unruly behaviour.
    Do you not remember the Euros?
  • So we're talking about the Euros Final and an incident in France?
  • I thought fans would come back and appreciate what they've missed. Personally, I think booing your own players over the knee isn't doing that. Man U and Leeds fans fighting in the streets last week. Were there not some issues around the Champions League final in Porto as well?

It just seems to me that that from the limited games we've had with fans, there have been quite a few incidents of people acting stupid.
  • edited August 2021
    There was trouble at Marseille's game at Montpellier two weeks ago, the crowd started throwing stuff onto the pitch when Marseille equalised

Marseille, Nice and Montpelier are all on the Mediterranean coast, Marseille's next away match is at Monaco, if there's crowd trouble there then I think there might be a pattern...

In January Marseille's own fans attacked the training ground after a run of bad form
  • yoyo said:

Arteta out!!...... Too soon?

Of course it is. They finished with a great run at the end of last season, yeah they were beaten up a bit at Brentford but Chelsea are full of world class players and they will take a lot of teams apart this year.
    Two games and it’s “a crisis “.
    Madness.

• It was a joke , I presumed everyone knew that
  • Yeah I get that yoyo, but social media and elsewhere would have you thinking otherwise.
  • Is it really only two games though? They've finished 8th twice in a row under Arteta, and don't look like improving on that. They might have finished the season in good form last year, but they only found that good form after their hopes of achieving anything of note were gone.