Other matches Saturday 21st - Sunday 22nd August

2»

Comments

• I get that also. A couple of guys down the pub, who lauded Arteta as the return of the king, are seriously fuming about him. Quite incredible really, they do seem more fickle than most
  • I don’t know a single Arsenal fan who likes him anymore, personally. I don’t think he should’ve ever been given the job to be honest. He hadn’t achieved anything, there was just this hype about him being some sort of tactical genius - I can’t see evidence of it.
  • Short memories innit.
    They won the cup just over a year ago.
    What I’d give to win another cup, but then again I don’t feel a sense of entitlement that fans of our London neighbours do.
  • Slacker :+1:

I agree, but I also don't know if it's entitlement. I think you just base your hopes and expectations off what you're used to. They spent 20 years in the top 4, and now they aren't even qualifying for Europe, and finishing below Spurs. Whether it's entitlement or not, I can understand their fans being unhappy.
  • edited August 2021
    The problem with Arsenal lies in whoever is responsible for their recruitment. Some of the new contracts handed out to players over 30, the extensions to average members of the squad (Xhaka), decisions to u-turn on players who had no future one day but then did the next (Luiz, Elneny), letting players go (Martinez), signings who don’t really add much immediate value in quality (White, Ramsdale).

It’s a mess but not all Arteta’s doing. I think Edu is in charge of transfers & he’s not been there long.
  • They were spoilt under Wenger...
    He might not have been everyones cup of tea, but he was a top manager.
    Arteta is a ' ex player ' trying his best, which at present is not good enough for them.
  • edited August 2021
    And they treated Wenger horribly over the last few seasons, so I don't feel sorry for them. Arsenal were the main other team I would watch, for entertaining football. Now if I watch them it's more to laugh at their fans.
  • White and Ramsdale are decent signings imo.
  • I think White is good in a back 3. If they signed him for a back two I don’t think he’s strong enough (currently). A ball-playing CB in a back 3 is ok.

I won’t lie, I genuinely think Ramsdale is rubbish. One of the worst keepers I have seen for some time.
  • edited August 2021
    Ramsdale, average at best IMO....
  • I just had a glance at the Championship table, Sheffield Utd are 23rd having lost 3 and drawn 1with a GD of -6.

They lost to Birmingham who finished 18th last season, drew with Swansea, lost to the Baggies and lost to Huddersfield who finished 20th

Oh dear...
  • They'll be suing West ham and Tevez any day