The WHU606 predictor game - 2021/22

Okey Cokey, having managed to get the software buzzing for the Euro 2020 thingummy, which was based on the code for the original predictor game ................... who's up for the challenge again.

Just leave your name here and it shall happen.

COYI.

Comments

• Yes please
  • I’m in please
  • Yes please , thanks.
  • That’s a yes please from me
  • Yes please....Many thanks Expat...
  • Yes please
  • I'm really getting into this predictions business. Already better than Lawro! Count me in please...
  • I'm in, please.
  • So few??? .., Expat has gone out of his way to do this….. As Delia would say “let’s be having you “……,✊
  • Do you want me to see if I can find a list of previous players?

(I know some were not site members, so I'm assuming they will be ruled out, but there might be folks who are not regulars any more but would still like to take part. )
  • Mrs Grey 👋
    Just thought more would have signed up….
    As said , Expat has made a big effort to restart it…🙏 Expat must be the one to decide whether it’s worth his time and effort or scrap it…
    Years ago a company I worked at did a simpler version where we predicted the table and places, meaning people only had to predict that b4 season and whoever had the closest won , with monthly updates…

Perhaps Expat could look at that if he feels there’s not enough interest to do the old style competition, but whatever he thinks and wants is fine with me 👍🏻👋🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇿🇦
  • I know I’m late to the party, but I’d like to join if Expat is still planning on doing this for the new season.
  • We have 9 players, I'd really like about 14 ............. or more of course =)
  • edited July 2021
    expat, a couple of people who posted in your 'trying out the software' thread, but not yet on here, might be assumed to be interested... or maybe they think that by posting there they are already 'signed up'? Worth a PM?

AceofClubs, ThamesIronWorks, BroSledge
  • Good spot Mrs G, I shall accept them as entrants =)
  • Expat , Very happy to make up the numbers but not sure what I have to do
  • Expat , Very happy to make up the numbers but not sure what I have to do

All will be explained a little down the line
  • Sorry, yes, intermittent visitor. I'll join in again
  • Come along folks, you know that you want to. Sign up here for a season of fun and frolicks.
  • Expat, did you get the PM I sent you?
  • Expat, did you get the PM I sent you?

Yes, thank you
  • Expat, I am willing to give it a go.
  • I have returned to defend the relegation zone of which I previosly occupied...
  • OK, so far it seems like we have

Expat
    Mrs G
    Ironduke
    Brother Sledge
    DJ Hammer
    swhts
    IronHerb
    Jay
    Exeter
    Kuching
    Deanscale
    ScotHammer
    TIW
    Fortune seeker

So, if there is anyone else who would like to join in please leave your name below.
    Entries close on Wednesday 11th August to give me time to create the fixture list and games list

COYI
  • edited August 2021

The rules of the game

Each game week a list of 20 matches will be put out, along with the fixture list.
    Those who are playing at home will have a slight advantage by selecting two matches with an asterix at the end of the score. This gives a one goal variance between your prediction and the actual score, so for instance you predict 1-1*, this gives you 0-1, 2-1, 1-1, 1-0 and 1-2 as deemed scoring a goal.

The first list of games is below, but do not post your predictions until the fixture list has been posted on Thursday as you may have a home advantage.

Manchester United v Leeds United, 0-0
    Burnley v Brighton Hove Albion, 0-0
    Chelsea v Crystal Palace, 0-0
    Everton v Southampton, 0-0
    Leicester City v Wolves, 0-0
    Watford v Aston Villa, 0-0
    Norwich City v Liverpool, 0-0
    Newcastle United v West Ham United, 0-0
    Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City, 0-0
    Peterborough United v Derby County, 0-0
    Barnsley v Coventry City, 0-0
    Birmingham City v Stoke City, 0-0
    Blackpool v Cardiff City, 0-0
    Huddersfield Town v Fulham, 0-0
    Hull City v Queens Park Rangers, 0-0
    Middlesbrough v Bristol City, 0-0
    Millwall v Blackburn Rovers, 0-0
    Nottingham Forest v AFC Bournemouth, 0-0
    Reading v Preston North End, 0-0
    West Bromwich Albion v Luton Town, 0-0
  • me me me if not too late please Mr Expat
  • duh too late sorry did not check the thread out, GL all and remember xxxx 5 Tottenham 0
  • If we got one more (to make even numbers) maybe expat could squeeze you in?
  • edited August 2021
    Or use a nil-nil like average in FF H2H

But I will have to regenerate the whole fixture list for the season ............ hang on in chaps
  • edited August 2021
    ? FF H2H use the league average points score as your oppo.

John used to use Lawro's predictions for the 'extra man' when there was a player short.

Don't know what's easier for you? (Lawro of course wouldn't come with a home * but could ignore it as everyone would benefit at some point in the season.)

Is there anything I can do to help?

I could post Lawro's scores in the proper format for you to easily copy and paste, if you like?