Punishments for the Dirty Dozen?

I thought it might be useful to share ideas on what we think should happen next. Personally,I like the idea of a transfer embargo of two years for them all,and an extra year for Real,Barca and Juve. Just might bring ridiculous transfer fees down and give other clubs a chance of signing so-called top players. Even up the field.

Comments

• But that would only mean they couldn't sign anybody. They could still sell and with the money they will be getting for their performance in the league and the CL /EL they would probably even benefit from all of this.

Imho a points deduction and a European ban is the only way to go. Say 10 points deduction, possibly carried over into next season if you didn't qualify for Europe anyway similar to the points deductions teams get for going into administration. They get moved over to the followin season, too, if they get relegated.

And possibly another 10 points as a sword of damocles should they misbehave anytime within the next 5 years.
  • Points deduction for next season.
  • edited April 2021
    Let’s not deduct points, that’s not fair on their fans after all.

But I don’t see why we can’t award points to the other 14, excluding Sheff Utd of course.
  • Let's face it, nothing is going to happen to them.
  • Interestingly, Perez says the clubs have signed binding contracts & cannot pull out.
  • A mate of mine , who works at one of the teams ( beginning with A ) reckons it took 2 years to draw up the 167 page document. If true it Makes you wonder how they can back out in 24 hours.
  • Deducting points hurts a club more than money.
    Also, if the ESL had happened, it would not have been fair on the fans of any club in the football pyramid and particularly hard on the fans of Leicester who have recently shown they are a better club than all the others by winning possibly the most difficult League in football.
  • yoyo said:

A mate of mine , who works at one of the teams ( beginning with A ) reckons it took 2 years to draw up the 167 page document. If true it Makes you wonder how they can back out in 24 hours.

Now you're teasing us. Who is it, AC Milan, Atletico Madrid, Arsenal or Accrington Stanley?
  • I would throw the book at the nest of vipers.
    Relegate one division and a 10 point handicap,European ban for three years, transfer ban for three years . And a permanent threat to implement the above if they ever attempt to do it again.
  • Slacker said:

I would throw the book at the nest of vipers.
    Relegate one division and a 10 point handicap,European ban for three years, transfer ban for three years . And a permanent threat to implement the above if they ever attempt to do it again.

And we would still fail to qualify for Europe. 😂
  • edited April 2021
    Imo, the main thing they were attacking was the Champions League (the potential effects on the Premier League were just an insignificant consequence), so they should be banned from European competitions for a season or two. Unfortunately, I believe Uefa has come out and said there would be no reprisals.
  • The problem with points deduction etc is it only applies to the Premier League. The other 6 clubs gain an advantage. This has to the moment for all UEFA leagues to get together... hmmm
  • Not interested in the other 6 tbh.
  • I wish they all go and make their boring league. Tired of watching games with teams full of highly technical players trying to break others down (ie Man City and Chelsea etc). If they can’t beat a team through superior ability on the ball, then the refs usually give them a helping hand. It’s lopsided and boring to watch 70/30 possession games with the hope of a counter attack goal. Punishment should be they have their league and don’t compete in the prem at all. Would be a much better league without them.
  • Imo they should be given an 8 figure fine that should go into a pot to help lower league clubs from going bust like Bury

I think they should be deducted points, but they won't be

Doubt anything will happen
  • EUFA keep bleating on about the consequences, so let's see what happens, but I ain't holding my breath
  • Ban them all from next seasons champions league. It’s really very simple.
  • 10 point deduction agreed across all teams and 12 for Spurs, just coz.

5m fine to each team which goes to grassroots football in each country, to show that the pyramid is valued. 6m to Spurs, just coz.
  • Make Chris Kavanagh & Peter Bankes referee every match they play in for a season just to start with, before we also deduct any points from them.
  • ....Would be a much better league without them.

Don’t get me wrong I like us being in the elite league in this country, and hate it when we have a bad season. But I enjoyed our seasons in the championship, where it seemed to be more competitive, and teams mostly viewed West Ham as one of the biggest games in their calendar. Days out in Cardiff, etc.

I think that is why I’m enjoying this season so much - we are challenging near the top of the league, and teams seem to think any type of result against us is good.

I agree it might make for a more competitive league if the big six started next season with a handicap (except Tottenham, because being Spurs is enough of a punishment).
  • I have enjoyed all the games this season bar the real top 4 teams. They just suck the life out of the game with every player ridiculously comfortable in possession/time wasting/fouls to stop any counter attack goal and compete media/ref bias. I actually think those teams should go off and play to 0-0 or 0-1 ‘entertainment’ games in their money league. I just like to watch a good game of footie with two teams capable of taking the game to each other consistently.
  • There seems to be a general consensus that nothing much will happen, and Spurs should get the most severe punishment. Can't say I disagree with either of those views.
    The problem with a fine is that these clubs are rich and it won't hurt them. Points deduction will make them more likely to join a Greedy League sooner. Transfer embargo will make their money pointless, allow other clubs to buy better players,and maybe bring down transfer fees. So that West Ham can become champions next year or so....
  • Lukerz said:

Ban them all from next seasons champions league. It’s really very simple.

Spurs have already done that themselves =)
  • There seems to be a general consensus that nothing much will happen, and Spurs should get the most severe punishment. Can't say I disagree with either of those views.
    The problem with a fine is that these clubs are rich and it won't hurt them. Points deduction will make them more likely to join a Greedy League sooner. Transfer embargo will make their money pointless, allow other clubs to buy better players,and maybe bring down transfer fees. So that West Ham can become champions next year or so....

I guess that’s why the redistribution of those fines to pyramid is important. The 6 won’t notice it, but the rest of football definitely would.
  • I'd support that, Alderz. Between us we could have them trembling with fear... =)
  • Watching R.Madrid vs Chelsea and it’s obvious that the best punishment is to make them play out these boring snooker games week in and out. I watched better games on championship manager 95
  • I think fining and distributing it to the lower league clubs would be a great thing to come out of this especially after the pandemics impact on finances. Banning from Champs League for 2 seasons in addition. That'll currently mean Leicester, West Ham, Everton and Leeds qualifying. I'd be happy with that :)
  • Does anyone seriously believe any meaningful sanctions will be handed out? I’m prepared for humble hat eating if proved wrong which hopefully I will be.
  • I think the last word should go to Noel. Spurs!!!!!

• So UEFA have fined the 9 clubs who have withdrawn from the ESL c.£1.5m each and will withhold 5% of UEFA competition fees for one season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57031372

That's gonna sting. 🤦‍♂️