Punishments for the Dirty Dozen?

2»

Comments

• So spineless. That will really scare them off trying again.
  • Completely bottled it, as expected.
  • Pathetic
  • edited May 2021
    That’s a EUFA punishment but the Super League had exit fines written into the contract they all signed. Doubt that will be actioned though.
  • Real Madrid, Barca and Juve are refusing to withdraw and are facing exclusion from UEFA competitions. That'll be nice.
  • I’m sure these severe sanctions and punishment will stop them doing it again! 🤦‍♂️

UEFA🏳️
    How to destroy your own credibility and competition.
  • Big deal
  • It will be interesting to see how the Super Three react... UEFA playing divide and rule.
  • The Premier League have fined the big six £22m collectively, which will go towards grass-root football and the football community. Further breakaway attempts will be met with a £25m fine and a 30-point deduction
  • edited June 2021
    The big six could pay this from petty cash!
    IMO this is very poor, and is no disincentive to do similar again. If I was one of the other 14 clubs I’d be furious. It shows where the priorities of the Premier League lie. Very sad, as even the likes of Neville, and other “big six supporters” think they should have had the book thrown at them.
    Very annoyed by this, but not surprised. The whole incident has been swept under the carpet!
  • Yeah that's not really enough, is it. I guess the important part is the new rule that breakaways get a 30 point deduction. That's there to safeguard against it in the future, and won't be legally challenged if it's in the rulebook.
  • It's Peanuts to them
  • Should have been each, not collectively.
  • Does anyone seriously believe any meaningful sanctions will be handed out? I’m prepared for humble hat eating if proved wrong which hopefully I will be.

I’ll put me hat back on the rack then. O.o
  • This thread is called 'Punishment for the Dirty Dozen'

*** narrator ***

There was no punishment
  • This thread is called 'Punishment for the Dirty Dozen'

*** narrator ***

There was no punishment

did anyone else read that with Morgan Freemans voice in their head
  • “ Oooh, you’ve been a bit naughty haven’t you? No pocket money for you for a day then “

Spineless and meaningless.

Pathetic.
  • Even the threat of. 30 deduction is laughable would just mean 1 season outside the top 4 they would all stay up still should be relegation
  • Although not last season, in a typical season points wise down the bottom, both Arsenal and Spurs would've been relegated on 31 and 32 points. Just something to mentally savour and snigger at if it ever happened :-D
  • I think UEFA were between a rock and a hard place. If they gave out harsh punishments, the Greedy Six may go back to the ESL project. So the punishment is soft as a Rossi ice cream. But 30 point deduction in the future will make the Greedy Six stay in line. Maybe. For a while.
  • The 30 points is irrelevant. Next time they go it will be with another 6 to 8 teams and have their own league. Not sure the £25m fine will come into play if this was to be the case.
  • UEFA are spineless
  • Will they care much about a 30 point deduction if they manage to form their league? I know it was supposed to be alongside the premier league in theory but the game load wasn’t going to allow them to treat it like a proper league.
  • If European 'qualification' is guaranteed in the Super League, I would imagine it's largely irrelevant where they finish in the PL, so I doubt a 30pt deduction would bother them too much
  • When you consider teams like Rangers and Juventus have both been relegated in the past for breaking the rules its a pretty weak the fine is less than we paid for Tevezgate but we are not one of the favoured big boys are we lol
  • edited June 2021
    The idea is effectively dead as it was rejected by fans so I doubt it will be resurrected for many years now. What was needed was a proper fine and possible points reduction for this season. I think 20m per club and 6 points would have been proportionate. Whist that probably wouldn't stop City or Liverpool winning the league it could of ended up being enough to get Spurs relegated.