West Ham v Leicester 2.05pm Sunday 11th April (On SKY)

Comments

• Lawro has given Leicester a 2-1 win

All the sports media saying that this game will decide which of us will get into the Champions League

So that's a draw

Bit weird as it doesn't really does it lol
  • Definitely doesn't but it is big for the race. If we beat them, it's a big step for us towards it while ending that little security they had. They'll be right in the battle for 4th with Liverpool, Chelsea, us and Spurs.
  • Definitely doesn't but it is big for the race. If we beat them, it's a big step for us towards it while ending that little security they had. They'll be right in the battle for 4th with Liverpool, Chelsea, us and Spurs.

Right in the battle for 3rd and 4th you mean.
  • That's a silly statement to make. The bookies odds for top four are as follows.

City no odds
    Man Utd 1-50
    Leicester 2-5
    Chelsea 10-11
    Liverpool 10-11
    West Ham 7-2
    Spurs 4-1
    Everton 25-1
    Arsenal 25-1
  • edited April 2021
    Odubeko scored a hattrick tonight in a 3-2 win over Man U U23s; a game in which we were 2-0 down at half time. His second was a bit special and is doing the rounds on Twitter.

Good timing considering Antonio's injury. Conor Coventry also had a good game by all accounts, so maybe they'll both be on the bench on Sunday.
  • It would be fantastic to see a youngster come through and start challenging for a place
  • That's a silly statement to make. The bookies odds for top four are as follows.

City no odds
    Man Utd 1-50
    Leicester 2-5
    Chelsea 10-11
    Liverpool 10-11
    West Ham 7-2
    Spurs 4-1
    Everton 25-1
    Arsenal 25-1

Outcast was saying Leicester would be dragged back into a battle for 3rd/4th if we beat them on Sunday; I don't think they'll be anything like 2-5 if they lose on Sunday.
  • I’m not a fan of Rodgers one bit so as king keegan said I’d love it, just love it 😂😂

City no odds
    Man Utd 1-50
    Leicester 2-5
    Chelsea 10-11
    Liverpool 10-11
    West Ham 7-2
    Spurs 4-1
    Everton 25-1
    Arsenal 25-1

If we beat them we’ll be 1 point behind them. If Chelsea also win, they’ll be 2 points behind.

I don’t understand bookies odds at all but seems pretty obvious to me from the table that things get tight for them unless they get at least a point from this game. Their last three games are Man, Chelsea and Tottenham as well.
  • They also have West Brom, Newcastle Crystal Palace and Southampton games they should win be tight up there
  • edited April 2021
    If we don't win we are out of the title race. A must-win game tomorrow! 😂😂🙈
  • I know it’s only the sun, but they saying moyes has turned down celebrity master chef as he has no idea what to do without rice 😂😂
  • I heard he was stewing over the decision.
  • Well they did give him a grilling
  • C&H reports that Moyes was asked about Conor Coventry

"At the moment he’s outside the first-team squad and – who knows – we might need him, but at the moment he’s not in my thinking”

So that's Noble in the starting XI pretty much guaranteed
  • Coventry was never going to get in over Noble.
  • So we know Rice and Antonio are out. Not sure on Lanzini yet, but either way our bench is going to be weak.

Expecting Martin and Trott again (why two 'keepers I'll never know), Johnson, Fredericks, Balbuena, Alves, Benrahma and Odubeko, which leaves room for one more. Presumably it'll be Lanzini if he's fit, but if not it would have to be Coventry, right? I mean, who else is left? Yarmolenko? Maybe, but he's been out for months. Ogbonna? Even if he's fit would you want three CBs on the bench?
  • edited April 2021
    Randolph was training & I expect Ogbonna to be on the bench.

I am wondering if we can get Ogbonna back in the side tomorrow.

Fabianski
    Dawson - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Coufal - Souček - Noble - Fornals - Masuaku
    Bowen - Lingard
  • However did we get by when there were only 7 subs allowed?  🤷‍♂️
  • If Ogbonna is fit it may be a big ask just to throw him straight back into this match, lets bring him on as an extra defender to see out our lead with 15 minutes to go, for Bowen who would have run himself into the ground by then.

Outcast. As for naming two keepers, if I had my way it would not even be allowed to name one on the bench. There was nothing more entertaining than watching an outfield player have to take the jersey now and again, watching them flap at corners and try and save shots with their legs. Oh but what heroes they would become if they saved the game, carried aloft on the shoulders to the tunnel.
  • Bring Ogbonna on after we let a 3 goal lead turn into 3-2just to finish it out
  • edited April 2021
    COYI

Tough game today, but this side rarely let us down.

Just a reminder, when you take out:

Manchester City
    Manchester United
    Chelsea
    Liverpool
    Spurs
    Arsenal

Our record is 14 wins & 1 defeat in 19 games (first day of the season).

I get the apprehension due to injuries, but this side always leave everything on the pitch. If we lose today, it will be because Leicester were better.

Let’s try & take this opportunity. A win would be superb, but I think if we can take something from the game we’ve got to be happy.
  • Or, Lukerz, 15 wins and 1 defeat in 21 if you remove Spurs from that list?
  • Most games any team lose is because the opponents were better imo
  • edited April 2021
    Yeah, I suppose I just meant the players will not lose because of a lack of effort. 👍

Plenty of teams lose when the better side. Only got to start with Man City yesterday.
  • Hadn’t realised Leicester have only lost 1 of 15 away matches this season. Time to make it 2.
  • Money on the draw...
  • I really feel this will just be a comfortable 0-2 win for Leicester. I think we are due a game like this especially with some key injuries. However it won't define our season, I'm more concerned about the rest of our games excluding Chelsea.
  • I'd be reasonably content with a point
  • edited April 2021

(why two 'keepers I'll never know),

Man U had two keepers on the bench last week against Brighton and when we played them last month, Everton have had two keepers on the bench the last four games.

Belt and braces?