West Ham v Leicester 2.05pm Sunday 11th April (On SKY)

So the chance to complete our fifth double of the season so far comes against Leicester. They are less flamboyant than last season but with Maddison returning that may change. Leicester have to play four of the current top six in their last eight games so this is vital to both teams. If we score three we win.

2-1 to the Hammers.

COYI

Comments

• Make that if we score four we win. Three is too close for comfort 🤫
  • I don't recall using the term a six-pointer about this end of the table before.
  • The Jimmy Quinn derby
  • I think we all expect Antonio to miss this, so:

Fabianski
    Diop - Dawson - Cresswell
    Coufal - Souček - Noble - Masuaku
    Bowen - Lingard - Fornals

A draw will not be the end of the world here.
  • The Tony Cottee Derby
  • Pretty much a full week to recover which is good

Hopefully Lingards knock was just a cramp and he's fit

Think we will line up like Lukerz said, but hopefully if Ogbonna is back he will come in for Diop

Good Masuaku got a good run out without getting hurt, he lacked a bit of sharpness but still was very good
  • Getting Ogbonna back (whenever that will be) is absolutely massive for us
  • The Jesse Lingard Derby
  • IronHerb said:

So the chance to complete our fifth double of the season so far comes against Leicester. They are less flamboyant than last season but with Maddison returning that may change. Leicester have to play four of the current top six in their last eight games so this is vital to both teams. If we score three we win.

2-1 to the Hammers.

COYI

So Herb, you think Dawson's going to score another og. =)

• If its 2-1 I won't worry which player scores the one.
  • The Paul konchesty derby
  • This might please some....NOT.....!!!
    Ref for game: Mike Dean.....
  • The Andy Impey Derby.

Also, loss.
  • Dean as ref with Masuaku and Noble in our side could mean trouble. Noble flew close to the wind a couple of times vs Wolves and Masuaku always makes me say the words 'easy does it' to the TV when he is challenging in the penalty area.
  • edited April 2021
    Leicester have played 3-5-2 for the last five games

v City

Schmeichel
    Amartey Evans Fofana
    Albrighton Tielemens Ndidi Perez Castagne
    Vardy Iheanacho

Amartey has come in for the injured Soyuncu and Albrighton has started on the right of midfield for the last two games instead of Pereira

Otherwise a consistent starting XI

They've scored in 23 of 30 PL games but noticeably Vardy hasn't had a goal since they beat Liverpool on 13 February. He doesn't have a great record against us, 4 goals in 11 and he only got one shot when we beat them 3-0 in October.

Iheanacho on the other hand has scored 7 in the last 6 so we need to keep him quiet
  • So that’s a Vardy hat trick then?
  • That's actually a very good team. As much as we rate the Rice/Soucek partnership, Tielemens/Ndidi combo is arguably just as good. Castagne is a great player IMO, and obviously they carry a threat up front.

Think we'll do well to get a point from this one.
  • I think I'd rather Dawson sat out if Oggy is back. Hes done well but is showing signs of a mistake or two a game now.
  • A draw would certainly be a good result from this, given our injuries.
  • Lukerz said:

A draw would certainly be a good result from this, given our injuries.

We all know Rice is out , but has anyone else been ruled out?

We beat them 3-0 at theirs, so COYI ⚒️⚒️⚒️
  • Just assuming Antonio won’t make it, plus Ogbonna isn’t playing from when we faced them before. So that’s potentially Ogbonna, Rice & Antonio from the side that beat them 3-0.
  • edited April 2021
    You could argue we now have Lingard tho 👍🏻
  • Lukerz said:

Just assuming Antonio won’t make it, plus Ogbonna isn’t playing from when we faced them before. So that’s potentially Ogbonna, Rice & Antonio from the side that beat them 3-0.

Our best defender, our best midfielder and our best (only) striker. Tough enough game as it is without being hamstrung by injuries to your key players.
  • Lukerz said:

Just assuming Antonio won’t make it, plus Ogbonna isn’t playing from when we faced them before. So that’s potentially Ogbonna, Rice & Antonio from the side that beat them 3-0.

Our best defender, our best midfielder and our best (only) striker. Tough enough game as it is without being hamstrung by injuries to your key players.
    Ogbonna was very impressive I'll agree to that, then you could say Dawson/Diop have done very little wrong in his absence, I think would be fair.

Rice is a great player and still will improve, perhaps tho some might say we'd miss Soucek more ?

If Antonio is missing, that is a shame, for sure.

But as said, when we beat them 3-0 Lingard wasn't around, so that's an improvement.

Tough game I'd agree, but all teams suffer injuries.
  • Oggy is currently training (seen in live training session on YouTube channel).
  • They do, but rarely to their best players at the same time (Liverpool have suffered with that this season and you can see the effect it's had in their league position).

I take your point about Lingard; he's certainly got enough to cause Leicester problems, but their midfield is better than Wolves' and I think without Rice we'll be second best in that department.

With regards to the defence, I actually think Dawson's form has dropped off since Ogbonna's been out, and although Diop has potential, I personally think he still makes too many mistakes.

The 3-0 will hopefully five our players some confidence, but I don't see a repeat of that result.
  • My word, a result against Leicester given our likely absences due to injury would be outstanding.
  • Harvey Barnes is a big miss for Leicester and part of reason for Vardy's lack of goals. At their place we sat back and out-leicestered them on the break. Less pressure on us to play like the home team without fans in the ground so probably 35% possession for both teams is the target.
  • Lukerz's team makes sense, especially if the intention is to nullify them and take a point. But I think they would be more scared of us if we had 4 attacking players, not 3, and we should go all out for 3 points. The risk may be that Vardy and Ihenacho are too much for just Diop and Dawson to handle but if Noble drops back to assist like Rice does we should be OK.
    I was not that convinced by Masuaku last time - he was caught on the ball too often when central and did not cross much from out wide.

Fabianski
    Coufal -Diop - Dawson - Cresswell
    Souček - Noble
    Fornals - Lingard - Benrahma
    Bowen

• Lawro has given Leicester a 2-1 win

All the sports media saying that this game will decide which of us will get into the Champions League

So that's a draw