Other games 6th, 7th, 8th and 10th

Arsenal looking more like a top 4 side, Burnley looking like relegation contenders

Comments

• The Turf Moor pitch is a bit bobbly, one of the commentators reckoned that Burnley have doctored their pitch to spoil Arsenal's passing.
  • Arsenal looking more like a top 4 side, Burnley looking like relegation contenders

Then again......

Comical equaliser.
  • I agree Arsenal look good. I think the margins are so small between each club in the top 10 (City aside) that it can be about catching a side at the right or wrong time. Arsenal are playing better than they have all season as are Chelsea, whilst Liverpool and Leicester are struggling a little by their own higher standards. Spurs had a dry patch but appear to be attempting galvanise themselves. These next matches will show if we have the ability and mental attitude at this end of the table. The city match suggested we did but the Liverpool match suggested we were out of our depth still.

It's fun at present being able to watch so many games that impact us at the top end. I think the worst we can finish is 10th and the best 2nd and it will be fascinating watch it unfold.
  • I'm just following on the bbc text updates, but at 70 mins the Villa - Wolves game has has 1 shot on target.

:-(
  • MrsGrey said:

I'm just following on the bbc text updates, but at 70 mins the Villa - Wolves game has has 1 shot on target.

:-(

The advice give on that text commentary was to switch to the Bayern v B Dortmund game - why did you not take heed??...
  • Brighton managed to lose against a poor Leicester performance, which is a little irksome.
  • Would maybe start to get a little interesting if WBA could beat Newcastle today...
  • Lukerz said:

Would maybe start to get a little interesting if WBA could beat Newcastle today...

And Fulham then beat Liverpool.
  • And would be good for us if palace beat ..... 🤢
    Nope it's no good someone else will have to say it.
  • Don't worry Ham, it ain't gonna happen.
  • Hamstew said:

And would be good for us if palace beat ..... 🤢
    Nope it's no good someone else will have to say it.

Settle for the point then
  • That was shocking

Do WBA not know it’s almost a must-win? As for Newcastle, how bad & negative are they?

Both deserved to lose.
  • Thought West Brom were a touch unlucky, no real guilt edge chance created despite some nice play in the build up, not that difficult to see why they are struggling
  • Lukerz, the point is a bonus for Newcastle. They are waiting for the cavalry to return (Wilson, Almiron & Saint Maxim) to stave off any relegation fears.
  • edited March 2021
    Come on you Cottagers!

BTW does anyone else think Shaqiri's current haircut makes him look like Leonard from Big Bang Theory (possibly when he was Darlene's boyfriend David in Roseanne)?
  • Parker’s gonna be a top manager isn’t he
  • I think we all knew that when he took over the half time team talk from Avram when we were 3-0 down at the Hawthorns.

Got a lot of time for Benedict Cumberbatch in disguise
  • Shaqiri is looking more like the wild man of Borneo every day,
  • I love football
  • Huge win for Fulham
  • Think Newcastle going down again
  • 6 in a row for Liverpool. They're getting really consistent now.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

Pleased for Parker and Fulham. Hope they stay up.
  • edited March 2021
    So pleased for scottie .Hope they stay up ,And thanks for helping us Fulham
  • This grates with me:

"We talked before the game mostly about Liverpool but let's give credit to Fulham. Every player was in a big huddle in the penalty area at the end of the game. It was such a brilliant group effort. Scott parker has done a brilliant job and understood when to change it, getting the best out of those players.

Everton and Chelsea will also be delighted by that result.
    "

I guess West Ham will have no opinion on the result, despite being in the race for Europe with Everton, Chelsea and Liverpool.
  • Brighton or Newcastle will be down this season. Fulham are better than all of the teams in the bottom half. I'd except them to pull away comfortably. Want Brighton to drop but I suspect Newcastle.
  • OCS that may have been said because Chelsea and Everton play each other tomorrow.
  • Unusual but we are above Liverpool and we have two games in hand.
  • This grates with me:

"We talked before the game mostly about Liverpool but let's give credit to Fulham. Every player was in a big huddle in the penalty area at the end of the game. It was such a brilliant group effort. Scott parker has done a brilliant job and understood when to change it, getting the best out of those players.

Everton and Chelsea will also be delighted by that result.
    "

I guess West Ham will have no opinion on the result, despite being in the race for Europe with Everton, Chelsea and Liverpool.

Fine by me. We hace dropped out of the top 4 and are back to flying under the radar. If we win our game tomorrow we will be 10 points ahead of Arsenal, 8 ahead of Villa and 5 ahead of Liverpool. That looks hood to me. If we get at least 5 points from the next 3 games then we should be up there with a shout for a place in Europe. With our run in, everything is possible.
  • Yeah, I guess I'm happy to go under the radar, but it's not the first time we've been overlooked when it comes to comments like this. Just feel like what we've achieved by even being in this position is often ignored.