Call the Sartorial Squad!!!

This season there seems to be more fashion faux pas paraded on the pitch than usual and as someone who used to work in the rag trade I've been thinking about starting a thread to highlight some of the worst offenders. Mostly they seem to manifest themselves as away or 3rd kits as home kits are usually sacrosanct but this tipped me over the edge

Ladies and Gentlemen, for your edification I give you Watford home kit 20/21 and ask this question: are they Big in Japan?

Comments

• That reminds me of the Dortmund kit my son has
  • Has your boy got a team in every country?

This might not shock you all, but when I was a child I collected football shirts from different countries and kept a spreadsheet of all the countries in the world and a team that I wanted to collect.
  • Speaking of crazy kits, this is Margate FCs collection this year (I own one of these)

• Dortmund 🖤💛
    I’m currently up to 9 shirts purchased through lockdown 😂
  • edited February 2021
    Alderz, were you trying to bankrupt your parents?

That Watford one is really bad for a home kit.

I don't like this Liverpool one (it's not so bad looking at it like this, but when they're playing it looks awful to me)

• Dortmund 🖤💛
    I’m currently up to 9 shirts purchased through lockdown 😂

All with Adebayor 10 on the back, obvs.
  • 😂 😂 obvs
  • Alderz, were you trying to bankrupt your parents?

It was more of a “just in case you’re in Mexico one day, can you get me a Cruz Azul kit?” rather than a demand tbh.

I didn’t get that many - but I did have Colorado Rapids, Galway United and Fortuna Dusseldorf tips which were some of my favourites

• Think this deserves a mention
    Personally I like it
    However, very ZahaFC 🤡
  • What’s our worst ever kit, I wonder?
  • Tbh most of the casual wear the club sells seems to be left overs from the Green Street film
  • Loch Ness FC have s few nice kits. I would show you but I don't know how to put them on here.

Not really. He likes Dortmund but that's it. Not that he knows anything about them.
  • alderz said:

Has your boy got a team in every country?

This might not shock you all, but when I was a child I collected football shirts from different countries and kept a spreadsheet of all the countries in the world and a team that I wanted to collect.
    I used to have an AC Milan kit and they were my favourite foreign team. I also got a sporting and Porto shirt when I went to Portugal. Then I got a Valencia shirt which was gorgeous from when my brother lived over that way. Oh and the standard Real Madrid shirt.
  • When I was going out with a Croatian girl I got the Croatian national shirt. It has always been my favourite international shirt.
  • I bought the 1994 Nigeria World Cup away shirt during lockdown, and that's pretty cool
  • alderz said:

Speaking of crazy kits, this is Margate FCs collection this year (I own one of these)

Forget the shirts, I'm gobsmacked that Margate are sponsored by The Libertines! Rock'n' roll!

• Loch Ness FC have s few nice kits. I would show you but I don't know how to put them on here.

Brilliant 👏🏻
  • That away kit is excellent
  • edited February 2021
    Plus they're made from six 100% recycled plastic bottles.
    It says so on their website. =)
  • Now I'm wondering if they tuck their shirts into their shorts is Nessie peeping up over the waistband...
  • Okay Premier League disasters

Getting alphabetical there is Arsenal's away shirt which according to the blurb "features red marble effect graphics running through the white fabric designed to reflect the famous Marble Halls at Highbury Stadium"

So not that someone has suffered a nose bleed

• When I was going out with a Croatian girl I got the Croatian national shirt. It has always been my favourite international shirt.

Its still one of the most popular shirts at Leyton Orient, 1998-99

• I got a few italian kits AC Milan(kaka) /Fiorentina(Batistua) / Roma(Totti) all looking a bit worn now as i used to wear them for 5 aside back when we were allowed to do things like that

• actually disgusting but disgusting enough that i want one for when i next can go on holiday
  • Well I quite like it except for those funny shield shaped things with crossed hammers inside. =)
  • I had lots of crossed arms Irons salutes when I wore mine in Hong Kong in year before last
  • Had a crossed arms salute in the supermarket this week from someone also wearing a hammers facemask