Newcastle at Home

Comments

• edited September 2020
    Same old stuff. Always is. Just need to prove it on the pitch.
  • Has he quit yet?
  • edited September 2020
    Moyes was asked about playing two up front, he seemed to suggest he'll use it as and when he thinks its right but I suspect we'll be starting with the same 4-2-3-1.

He mentioned Antonio's performance at the end of the season.

Antonio up front, Haller on the bench?
  • Wouldn't be surprised

I mean I'd like to see Haller, but you could say our best performances were when he didnt start as we had Soucek or Noble playing high off of Antonio

It would surprise me it Moyes starts Haller as it would leave us nothing on the bench to change things if we need to chase
  • I would start with the same team that finished last season so well try and keep the confidence and momentum going keep Antonio upfront
  • Is Carroll fit for them ,if so we know how this will turn out
  • Loss

Revenge
    Loss
  • Same formation as we finished last season

Fabianski
    Fredericks Diop Ogbonna Cresswell
    Rice Soucek
    Bowen Noble Fornals
    Antonio

The bookies like a 1-1 draw but then that is their default result on almost every game.

Other than that they favour us winning 1-0, 2-1 or 2-0 then Newcastle wining 1-0.
  • edited September 2020
    Interesting, with only one striker at the club, whether Moyes will start Haller & Antonio or stick with Antonio up top following his form last season & have Haller in reserve.
  • Play Haller for Noble.
  • Aslef, is that line-up confirmed or what you expect it to be?

Fabianski
    Rice Soucek
    Bowen Noble Fornals
    Antonio

The bookies like a 1-1 draw but then that is their default result on almost every game.

Other than that they favour us winning 1-0, 2-1 or 2-0 then Newcastle wining 1-0.

This is the team im expecting, it was our go to XI after the restart
  • Yeah I don’t think Haller will start...
  • How about West Ham do you think there start?
  • I watched dammed United the other night ,,
    It could be worse
  • Anyone else checking out the space behind the sofa? This feels like a relegation battle already...
  • Already looking at the Fulham game ,Trying to figure out how many points we need to stay out of the bottom 3
  • edited September 2020
    Line up:

Fab
    Rice Soucek
    Bowen Noble Fornals
    Antonio

Diangana walks into that team, IMO. But hey, it is what it is.

Wilson starts for Newcastle, so we're effectively 1-0 down already.
  • That's the spirit OCS.
  • Carroll And Wilson ....oh dear

Fabianski
    Rice Soucek
    Bowen Noble Fornals
    Antonio

Ahhhhhhh smug mode

I'm going 1-0 with a Soucek header

My meal break finishes in 15 minutes and I don't get off until 11:07pm

Good luck, everybody, I won't cross my fingers as that makes driving a train a bit tricky...
  • IronHerb said:

That's the spirit OCS.

Just calling it as I see it
  • Thats the team that saved us last year

2-1to us
  • edited September 2020
    A new season! I've got my claret and blue bobble hat on, my football rattle [Blue Peter 1970 annual Peter Purves-approved model] and a styrofoam cup of Bovril and the television switched on too.

Unfortunately I don't have Sky Sports so I won't be watching the game. I'll have to make do with my "Scooby Doo On Zomby Island" DVD instead.

A Top 4 finish beckons. Europe here we come!
  • Noble in the CAM role. He needs to get tight to Shelvey otherwise he’s going to run the game like he always does against us. Likewise though, Noble has the potential to do the same thing Shelvey does against us and control the tempo of the match.

At some point I can see a Shelvey long defence-splitting pass to Saint Maximin and he crosses it to Carroll who’ll score from his head.
  • At this moment I will stay positive. So, so glad that Rice and Soucek are starting.
  • How dirty is Carroll?