Newcastle at Home

Comments

• Soucek currently self isolating. Unknown return date according to football.london.
  • The gods hate us
  • 5 subs proposal rejected again today so it’s 3 from 7 next season as per normal.

That's handy as we'll probably only have 3 subs anyway.
  • So a midfield of Wilshire and Nobes.
  • edited September 2020

So a midfield of Wilshire and Nobes.

Yep just like the first half against Brentford.
    Let's pray Rice is fit.
  • Or the new lad.

Oh no, that's right, we haven't signed anyone.
  • So Soucek is isolating but didnt test positive, right?

Given how many internationals are playing abroad, surely the 2 week quarantine upon UK entry will be given exemptions or every team will be short staffed for the first game

As long as he doesnt test positive, then surely he will be declared fit for the first game

Also given Rice hasn't withdrawn from the England squad doesnt that mean he is likely to feature?

Looks like Diop and Snodgrass wont feature though. Interested to see who takes the spot on the bench of the young centre backs, Akinola, Alese, Cardoso or Baptiste.
  • Ex says Rice should be available for the England game and Newcastle one. Let's hope so but we all know how we are with injuries. Plus I'm still pretty convinced Rice will be Chelsea's next move.
  • Hamstew said:

Ex says Rice should be available for the England game and Newcastle one. Let's hope so but we all know how we are with injuries. Plus I'm still pretty convinced Rice will be Chelsea's next move.

I still don't think he's going anywhere, personally. The rumour mill seems to be saying that Chelsea will sign Kai Havertz next and then call it. Also, remember that they were rumoured to want Rice as a centre back, and have just signed Thiago Silva on a 1 year deal. To me, that says they are waiting until next summer, and Silva was a freebie to sort out this season.
  • Just think if we were to sign a 35 year old freebie. ;)
  • I wonder if Rice even wants to play Centre back. Was speaking to my neighbour the other day who is a Chelsea fan. I had to tell him that he plays as a CDM but can and has covered as a CB. He had no idea. I wonder how many of there fans actually know anything about him.
  • IronHerb said:

Just think if we were to sign a 35 year old freebie. ;)

After we'd spent a gazillion pounds? ;)
  • IronHerb said:

Just think if we were to sign a 35 year old freebie. ;)

We don’t need to we had Sanchez, benny mido to name just a few that were worse than any 35 year old 😂
  • How many games before the skill from Bowen is sucked out of him like every other player we have ?
  • Wonder how Moyes views Johnson now, or if Johnsons confidence has taken a bump

For me he is still our best RB, but he was beyond shocking today and being replaced after 25 minutes in a friendly really says it all

Fab
    Johnson Diop Ogbonna Cresswell
    Noble Rice Soucek
    Bowen Antonio Fornals

Sub: Randolph, Balbeuna, Fredericks, Cullen, Lanzini, Yarmolenko, Haller

Is that the team we will see?
  • He should still start if Rice and Soucek are playing. I think it'd be more damaging to cut him now. We've known for a long time how crucial having DM cover was for our defence and having that Rice-Soucek partnership really made a massive difference.
  • So, Champo, £36 million Anderson not even in the squad and our most expensive signing (£45 million) Haller on the bench.
    What a waste of money by Pelle and Husillos, although it's blamed on the owners.
    You could almost feel sorry for them - not. =)
  • Haller I feel some sympathy, his game isn't about pace so he can't do the Antonio role....but I see him and I think he is putting in a shift

Don't think he's played poorly when he has played, just doesn't seem to be getting the most out of him, it also sounds like he wants to prove himself this year and isn't actively seeking a move

Anderson on the other hands looks like he wants nothing more than to be at home. He puts in zero effort, he is a far cry from the Anderson we saw in his first season. Talent is there, but when he gets the ball he does nothing. Doesn't want to take on his man, doesn't want to cross, just slows it down and plays the safe pass...then goes for a bit of a walk

• So, Champo, £36 million Anderson not even in the squad and our most expensive signing (£45 million) Haller on the bench.
    What a waste of money by Pelle and Husillos, although it's blamed on the owners.
    You could almost feel sorry for them - not. =)

Board sign off on things. I’m sure Pelle and Husillos didn’t have a blank cheque book.
  • We should change West Ham’s name to
    Incoherent un’untied
  • Fabianski
    Johnson - Diop - Ogbonna - Masuaku
    Bowen - Rice - Soucek - Fornals
    Antonio - Haller
  • edited September 2020
    Alderz, of course, but Sully, who made a great thing about getting his "I won the EPL Championship" manager, wasn't about to start to ignore said manager's recommendations, was he.
    And I wonder how much Pelle and Husillos personally made out of those signings.
  • So now everyone is crooked? Come on.
  • I'm not and neither are my mates Ronnie and Reggie
  • Saturdays game fast approaching. Prediction , not based on the result against Bournemouth but by the lack lustre performance.... 0-2
  • yoyo so thats the first 5mins ,what about the other 85 =)
  • 2-1 home win.
  • Maybe the board are happy not to buy anyone because they know we are unbeatable when I make match threads so they don’t need to try... 🤔