Newcastle at Home

edited August 2020 in Match Threads
New season :+1:

Comments

• edited August 2020
    We had better get some points early on as October is a killer month for us !
  • Gawd, I'm dreading the new season already!
  • We had better get some points early on as October is a killer month for us !

Nah, we've got Alderz doing the match threads, COYI
  • So far this window Newcastle have only signed GK Mark Gillespie from Motherwell to replace third choice keeper Rob Elliot who has been released after 9 years.

5 other players have left but none of them were first team regulars. Notable among the departures is the once much fancied Jack Colback (gone to Forest).

So no major changes to the team we played last season but when we lost at home last season we didn't have Soucek or Bowen.
  • They are rumoured to be about to sign Jeff Hendrick after his release from Burnley
  • You know those players who you just cannot see fitting into your side, cos of their name, he is one of them...
  • Lukerz said:

You know those players who you just cannot see fitting into your side, cos of their name, he is one of them...

Jeff?
  • alderz said:

Lukerz said:

You know those players who you just cannot see fitting into your side, cos of their name, he is one of them...

Jeff?
    Mutton ???
  • Expat, don't be sheepish, say what you mean =) .
  • Roberto
    Fredericks Balbuena Reid (Recall) Masuaku
    Cullen Wilshere
    Yarmolenko Lanzini Anderson
    Hugill

(Haller if Jordan leaves)

Hope thats the team we see.....
  • Someone has been at the lighter fuel...
  • yoyo said:

Gawd, I'm dreading the new season already!

What a wuss :p

• yoyo said:

Gawd, I'm dreading the new season already!

Seriously?

Always look forward to a chance to watch the Mighty Irons.
  • edited August 2020

Seriously?

Always look forward to a chance to watch the Mighty Irons.

Can't wait to see the Diangana/Bowen combination on the wings!

• Is the prem sticking to the 5 subs that can be used,And what about that stupid drinks break
  • No justification for the drinks break at all imo.

5 subs? I haven't got as much of a problem with that tbh, as the season will be slightly compressed and without the usual pre-season, but equally you'd feel it's a level playing field if they stick to the usual 3 subs, same for all clubs.
  • Clubs voted against changing from three subs.
  • Think its been confirmed that its going back to 3 subs, which I feel is fairer

5 subs definitely benefited the bigger teams

The drinks break I thought was for the heat not COVID, so didn't really see why it was kept on
  • Both have been scrubbed for the new season.
  • Clubs are revisiting the 5 sub rule.
  • They should change the five sub rule so that everyone is allowed three subs, and two additional subs if they are U21. That way we get more youngsters getting the chance to change games
  • It’s going to be a gruelling start. The pressure will be on to start with 3 point given the following 6 games after this. No current reinvestment in the squad, so we are going into that run with the same team. That’s not to say that Wolves & Leicester will be as good as they were last season, so we may get a surprise result in there.
  • It’s swings and roundabouts. If we had a start against ‘easier’ teams then some would be saying we need to win all these because of the fixtures to come. I don’t mind our start. It’s all about performances imo.
  • I think we will pick up points in that run and will be about 15th afterwards , the team showed at the end of last season that they can pick up points against good teams
  • edited August 2020

No justification for the drinks break at all imo.

The ground staff use the time for disinfecting things, so it is worthwhile,imo

• We could end up with no points after 7, but I think we can pick points up in all 7 off those games apart from Liverpool at home
  • I’m not concerned. We never win the winnable and lose the games we are destined to lose. We may well get a draw v Newcastle then find some wins against the better sides. If we settle down quickly and play well, the points will come
  • 5 subs proposal rejected again today so it’s 3 from 7 next season as per normal.