Apologies for the down time

massive server disasterYou should be able to use the site normally now

Massive shout of thanks toR_J - a Vanilla guru who gave his time to get us up and running.

Comments

• edited June 2020

grey, thought it was the end. 😔. Let me be the first to say how pleased we are that all is up and running again just in time for the restart. 😀

• Great to have the site back, boy have I missed it. :(
  • Yeh...So nice to see site back up and running...Sending u best wishes to you and Mrs Grey, look after yoursleves, and I hope you are feeling better soon Mr G....
  • edited June 2020
    Same here as Fortune and Jay said.
    Is the recovery still in progress as the site is not as it was, or is it something at my end?
  • there is still work to do to get the site back as it was, RJ did the basics to get us running again
  • Grey, RJ, massive thumbs up.
  • Great job ,thanks to all
  • Bubbles, indeed I had no hope of getting it done without him
  • I thought it was just me for a day or so then I want on “down for everyone or just me” and it said the site was down and it wasnt me. That was after resetting my iPad and phone more than once.
  • Grey, just out of curiosity, was it hardware or software?
  • Software. UpdatedOS, but that didn't go so well...
  • Cheers Grey , I really missed it . I go on this site loads every day. :)
  • :O glad the site is back. :)
  • Well done and many thanks
  • I thought that was it and i would have to put up with the likes of C&H,Kumb and west ham till i die!.
    First of all i had nginx! who after googling them found out they were a web server then later it was vanilla.
    I have changed my original bookmark to this one as that comes up now as a blank page.the other thing i have noticed despite the different layout is that the site is now secure.
  • edited June 2020
    Mike

yes RJ added a security certificate.
    Id recommend people keep a copy of this link: https://twitter.com/whu606forum

You don't have to join twitter, but in emergencies I can post information there

there is always email whu6** @gmail.com
  • edited June 2020
    Thanks Grey B)
  • Thanks as always for your efforts to run the site.
  • My link is still showing as Not secure
  • tbh the secure or not secure is neither here nor there. the 'secure' shows if your site has a free certificate, but there is no criteria for getting the certificate afaik

it depends on whether the link begins with https:// as to if the browser reports the site as secure.
  • Thanks for getting some sanity back in my life again lol
  • Grey, Mrs G, R_J well done, you're probably not thanked as often as you should be. Much appreciated
  • Echo your words yo-yo
  • Thank you Grey, Mrs Grey R_J.

Legends👍

• Loving the “new” layout :)
  • DJ

It's random and accidental...
  • It sure is that grey :)