The Owners - The Good, The Bad and The ITK.

I’ll be moving over all the chat about Gold, Sullivan and Brady to here as the same conversation is happening over several threads.

Comments

• Well the owners seem to to have their fingers in their ears singing la la la. They've had the Boleyn money and haven't honoured their promises. The players have largely been gutless all season and seemingly couldn't care less and will all swan off when they secure relegation.
    It's the fans who are being sold short every week that will feel the pain. I've not said much recently but tonight I am so angry with the whole lot of them.

• They need to sell up and hopefully quickly.......

I don’t know that they can, huge financial penalty selling up before we’ve been in the stadium for 10 years.

I don’t know that they can, huge financial penalty selling up before we’ve been in the stadium for 10 years.
    Do you think they’re spending as little as possible till that ten years is up or is it just pure negligence from them? A genuine question Suzanne, I really don’t understand what their plan or strategy for the club is?

Hello btw, 👋

Do you think they’re spending as little as possible till that ten years is up or is it just pure negligence from them? A genuine question Suzanne, I really don’t understand what their plan or strategy for the club is?

Hello btw, 👋
    Hello there.

I can’t really answer that mate. My guess is that it’s not spending as little a possible until they can sell.

I don’t think they will ever want to sell. At a fans forum Gold said they already have a succession plan in place. The Gold daughters are successful business women and the youngest Sullivan lad is cutting his teeth with the women’s team.

For me, is that they (well Sullivan really) are doing the same wheeler dealer business that they did 40 years ago. It just doesn’t work anymore.

• Hello there.

I can’t really answer that mate. My guess is that it’s not spending as little a possible until they can sell.

I don’t think they will ever want to sell. At a fans forum Gold said they already have a succession plan in place. The Gold daughters are successful business women and the youngest Sullivan lad is cutting his teeth with the women’s team.

For me, is that they (well Sullivan really) are doing the same wheeler dealer business that they did 40 years ago. It just doesn’t work anymore.

So we have generations of this shower to put up with? Have they mentioned buying the stadium at any stage?

• nothern

Buying the stadium would be the logical move.

A great deal of what the club has wanted to do with the stadium has been vetoed by E20.

I’d want GaS to sell up as soon the 10 year dead line arrives to someone who can also by the stadium.

But I also want to be 20 years younger, have a body like Jennifer Lopes (without putting in the work) and for 500k to appears in my bank account.
  • edited January 2020

nothern

A great deal of what the club has wanted to do with the stadium has been vetoed by E20.

I’d want GaS to sell up as soon the 10 year dead line arrives to someone who can also by the stadium.

But I also want to be 20 years younger, have a body like Jennifer Lopes (without putting in the work) and for 500k to appears in my bank account.

• I don't think there's any point hoping the owners will go but they need to give up managing the club. We need it to be delegated to someone who knows what they're doing. The amount we spend is not as much of an as how we sell and buy, as is how we recruit. There is no plan. There is upheaval every time a manager is changed. Players are bought and get worse and lose confidence, fit into formations that don't work. We need someone, a director of football or chairman, who can actually run the club, even if they're told they have a specific budget, and can plot out where we're going.

I don't know if there's a club with as little vision as ours. All we have is a silhouette of success in the distance that we call "next level" but we're groping around in the dark trying to work out how to get there, grabbing at players like Anderson and Haller without a proper idea of what we'll do with them.
  • First class team for a first class stadium
  • I understand the comments about the manager and GSB but we have spent out on 'good' players but none of them are performing. I think there is something wrong in the dressing room and we need a better captain who is more effective at that job on the pitch. Don't want to knock Noble too much because he has done so much for the club but I really think it is time for a change, particularly if there are new players coming in.
    i still think we will stay up but I must admit it is becoming more hope than anything.
    clubs should be able to performance manage players so that they are docked wages for non performance much like people are performance managed in other businesses. they are paid astronomical wages so it should not be a big issue.
  • nothern

Give me a call if that happens Suze. :lol:
  • Just seen a discussion on Sunday Supplement about us. Scathing didn’t come anywhere near it. Mentioned that we are considered to be a joke in football circles. The worst training facilities in the PL with a collection of portacabins. One scout for recruitment. Moyes has only one back room member.
    All the things we talk about.
  • It’s jealousy thorn....
  • Just seen a discussion on Sunday Supplement about us. Scathing didn’t come anywhere near it. Mentioned that we are considered to be a joke in football circles. The worst training facilities in the PL with a collection of portacabins. One scout for recruitment. Moyes has only one back room member.
    All the things we talk about.

And this is why I now believe it's irrelevant who we have as manager. Zola failed. Grant failed. Bilic failed. Pellegrini failed. Moyes is very much on course to fail.

The only manager you could argue actually brought us success in recent history is Allardyce, who is considered to be the most 'anti-West Ham' of the lot.

The problems at this club run much deeper than who coaches the team. The infrastructure is absolutely shot. The training ground is sub-par for a top level PL team. Our recruitment policy is horrific, whereby we don't scout players who will fit the system the manager wants; instead we rely on agents pimping their clients to us.

There can only be one reason for this, and that's the management of the club. Sullivan, Gold and Brady are not fit to run a football club. They have had zero success in 25 years of ownership and have alienated two fan bases. They tried to get Birmingham out of their home and into a council-funded new stadium, but once that failed they walked away. I would wager good money that had they been successful, St Andrews would have sold to the lowest bidder and flats will now be standing where the stadium once did.

Fast forward a few years and they've managed to do just that with West Ham. Fans were convinced that the move was necessary; I was certainly suckered in. But of course if they had said at the time of the bid that they didn't have the money to compete for the top six, that the average net spend since the move would be £31.5m, that we would have one scout, that the training facilities would be worse that some League One clubs, then I wouldn't have backed the move at all. I was deceived. We all were.

So I've now given up on this club until those three are gone. I'm not investing any more of my energy, money or time because they have killed the club for me. When I was growing up, West Ham were a lot of people's second team. We had a wonderful heritage and produced some of the best players the country has ever seen. We played good football, but also knew how to fight and intimidate our opponents. Now we're a laughing stock; a circus. We have no identity, no plan on or off the pitch and everything we do feels to be reactionary.

I hate what we've become and I fear it'll be a long, long time until we're back on the right track. It certainly won't happen under the current ownership IMO, and if the club gets passed down to the Sullivan and Gold children, then there's every chance this will continue for a generation.
  • Spot on OCS :clap:
  • Well put OCS

Please dear god don’t let them pass this club to their family. If they are here that long we will be playing in the lower leagues by then.
  • If yesterday was anything to go by we will be in the lower leagues long before then.
  • edited January 2020
    https://www.claretandhugh.info/will-the-protests-work/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

So, Claret & Hugh is supposedly heavily linked to Sullivan. If this has come from Sullivan, is this a hint that they're genuinely prepared to sell? Or an attempt to calm the fans down by suggesting they will, but with no actual intention to do so :hmm:
  • Yeah just read this. Interesting.
  • Were do you think C&H has got this from and how accurate is it?

The latest financial position – as we understand it – is that there will be £40 million required in the summer to keep the club afloat and that will of course be a great deal bigger if we have dropped into the Championship”
  • Well put OCS

Please dear god don’t let them pass this club to their family. If they are here that long we will be playing in the lower leagues by then.

How do you know how their families would run the club? David Gold’s daughters are successful businesswoman and Sullivan’s son is just starting out. They’re from different generations so might not run the club in such an old school way.

That’s not to say I like the owners but just don’t see what their children have done wrong. :hmm:
  • edited January 2020
    Clacton, I was told this by Gold at fans forum.
  • edited January 2020
    Ex the itk on twitter says they are massively linked to Sullivan so he says this is pretty much straight from the horse's mouth.

I know some people will roll their eyes when they hear the term "itk" but ex does seem to get most stuff spot on imo.
  • £40m required to keep the club afloat.

That in itself is laughable.
  • Why's that Lukerz?
  • I thought we are the 18th richest football in the world?

Also, before the new Everton owner bought 50 percent of the club, they didn't have any money. He's come in and they have spent about 400 million. Where have the found the money from?
  • The fact that the club is not yet sustainable after a decade of them in charge.

Plugging shortfalls & holes in the finances in order just to keep it in business.

They were saying that when they arrived in 2010. After no real money spent & 9 years of PL money, I am expecting us to be a bit more self-sustainable.
  • edited January 2020
    Clacton

Who said they had done anything wrong?

David golds daughter was installed by her father who had taken over Ann Summers with his brother and turned it from a standard sex shop into a successful lingerie boutique .

That clearly gives her the knowledge to run a Premier league team.

As for Sullivan’s son if he had any decent ideas don't you think his father would have listened to him by now?

• edited January 2020

I thought we are the 18th richest football in the world?

18th highest in terms of revenue, not richest. And the lower down you go on that list, the more bunched up it is.

We’ve been in significant negative equity for a long time, dating back to the Icelandic’s. I just checked, in 2013 the P&L account was -£135m, in 2018, it was -£65m.

Our wages are high as well, so our profit isn’t that much usually. And that’s one of the main problems, that we’re giving these wages to players who don’t seem to deserve it.
  • Hutton, from lingerie to EPL football - that would be some feat. :lol: