Post-transfer discussions (inc is Zab a decent RB/signing)

Comments

• Butland if Stoke go might be worth an enquiry
  • Ben Foster from WBA? Interesting timing that as WBA are relegated, West Ham announce they don't want Hart OR Adrian next season. Has a deal been done, or are the club messing things up again? ;hmm

No Keeper maybe Sully has lost the plot.
  • Rush Goalie !!!!!!!!!
  • Have we announced that we don't want Adrian or Hart next year? Does that mean they will give 110%? what are we doing???
  • The Sun said yesterday that Adrian will ask for a transfer if Moyes is appointed full time and we can't afford Hart's wages.
  • Ben Foster has said he'll stay at the Baggies and that he has no interest in moving

Butland is more likely
  • Butland would be good... But depends what level he is at as Liverpool still need a 1st choice keeper.
  • Pickford went for 30m ? people seriously think we are going to spend even 20m on a goalkeeper ? Stoke will want at least 20m for him minimum.
  • We're supposedly lining up a £40m joint bid for Butland and Allen
  • More likely to get Flanagan and Allen ;lol
  • Or dave Allan
  • More likely to get Foster and Allen who had a 1982 Top 20 hit with "Bunch of thyme"
  • edited April 2018

More likely to get Flanagan and Allen ;lol

Didn’t Flanagan and bonds have a punch up showing my age ;wahoo
  • Maybe not
  • Flanagan and hales for charlton
  • Clive Dunn as manager
  • The faith we have in the ownership
    Remarkable
  • thats nine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;lol
  • Or we need just one spectacular signing (Payet) that papers over the cracks of the other 10....
  • left back to challenge cresswell (evra forget it)
    Isn't that Masuaku?
  • As a left wing back yes
    But as left back no, he isnt disciplined enough defensively

• Think we should make a push for Romeu if Southampton go down...hes exactly what we need

26 so in the prime for a good few years, physically very strong, fantastic positional awareness, great reader of the game and while not Xabi Alonso he's composed on the ball and great at ticking over possession with simple but effective passing

Wouldn't be wrong going for Fredericks and Cairney who've we've been linked to often

Fredericks offers speed and energy, both of which we lack in this team and a huge upgrade over Byram who should be let go

Cairney is confident in his ability, great of the ball and imo an upgrade over Noble and could lighten the load on Lanzini who is our only playmaker in the team
  • I’d rather get Badou Ndiaye from Stoke than Romeu. He reminds me of Kante.
  • Tom Heaton signed a four year deal in 2016 and Burnley are virtually guaranteed Europa League next season. Why on earth would he want to come to West Ham?

Because he signed it when he was first choice and now he seems like he’s got a big fight on his hands to play any football.
  • Wolves apparantly want Butland...fee quoted is £35mil

Even if thats exaggerated and its closer to £25/30mil i think thats us ruled out,cant see us splashing that much on a keeper
  • edited May 2018
    alderz said:

Because he signed it when he was first choice and now he seems like he’s got a big fight on his hands to play any football.

Heaton dislocated his shoulder against Palace back in September and needed surgery. He started training in January, played four games with the U-23s while re-habilitating and only returned to the Burnley first tram bench at the beginning of April. He's listed as first team captain on the Burnley website
  • The last time we bought we bought a keeper we rob green in 2006, we paid 1.5m..

12years about time we invested i this position....
  • edited May 2018
    Vorse ;ok

Aslef - I think the point alderz is making is that it's not always as simple as 'he's captain at Burnley, why would he come here?'

Heaton was Burnley's No.1 and is an excellent keeper. Most Burnley fans would probably argue he's their best player. However, the emergence of Pope has given them a problem, because they won't want a situation where the No.2 wants to leave. Pope has broken into the England squad and has his whole career ahead of him. Heaton is sightly older, but one of their best players. If they recall him as the No.1, after Pope has played well all season and broken into the England squad, there is every chance he will want to move on, losing Burnley a potential future No.1 and very talented keeper. It's a bit like the Cech/Courtois situation at Chelsea a few years ago (although not on the same level).

Secondly, having sold Keane for £25m odd last summer to Everton, they have proven that selling their best players is not a problem for them, as it is the way they reinforce the squad. They are not a cash rich club. They also sold Andre Gray too. So their best two performers last season moved on for a combined fee of just over £40m.

Thirdly, it's obvious Heaton won't be on £80,000 a week. He's probably one of their top earners but in relation to other club average wages, that probably puts him still below in comparison. If we can offer him a pay rise too, it may sway things. All these things come into play.

We need a keeper. As Vorse says, since the days of Green we've had Jussi (free), Adrian (free), Randolph (free) and Hart (loan). You get where I'm going with this. We need a proper first choice keeper. And we may have to pay to get one. This is two seasons now when it's been a case of selecting the slightly less worse option.

Of course, we may well go down and Heaton, in any case, may say, 'I'm happy here, happy on my wage and want to play in the Europa League.'

But worth a question and IMO it's not farfetched at all for him and Burnley to consider a sale.
  • #lukerzdoeslogic