Post-transfer discussions (inc is Zab a decent RB/signing)

Comments

• I’d rather get Badou Ndiaye from Stoke than Romeu. He reminds me of Kante.
  • Tom Heaton signed a four year deal in 2016 and Burnley are virtually guaranteed Europa League next season. Why on earth would he want to come to West Ham?

Because he signed it when he was first choice and now he seems like he’s got a big fight on his hands to play any football.
  • Wolves apparantly want Butland...fee quoted is £35mil

Even if thats exaggerated and its closer to £25/30mil i think thats us ruled out,cant see us splashing that much on a keeper
  • edited May 2018
    alderz said:

Because he signed it when he was first choice and now he seems like he’s got a big fight on his hands to play any football.

Heaton dislocated his shoulder against Palace back in September and needed surgery. He started training in January, played four games with the U-23s while re-habilitating and only returned to the Burnley first tram bench at the beginning of April. He's listed as first team captain on the Burnley website
  • The last time we bought we bought a keeper we rob green in 2006, we paid 1.5m..

12years about time we invested i this position....
  • edited May 2018
    Vorse ;ok

Aslef - I think the point alderz is making is that it's not always as simple as 'he's captain at Burnley, why would he come here?'

Heaton was Burnley's No.1 and is an excellent keeper. Most Burnley fans would probably argue he's their best player. However, the emergence of Pope has given them a problem, because they won't want a situation where the No.2 wants to leave. Pope has broken into the England squad and has his whole career ahead of him. Heaton is sightly older, but one of their best players. If they recall him as the No.1, after Pope has played well all season and broken into the England squad, there is every chance he will want to move on, losing Burnley a potential future No.1 and very talented keeper. It's a bit like the Cech/Courtois situation at Chelsea a few years ago (although not on the same level).

Secondly, having sold Keane for £25m odd last summer to Everton, they have proven that selling their best players is not a problem for them, as it is the way they reinforce the squad. They are not a cash rich club. They also sold Andre Gray too. So their best two performers last season moved on for a combined fee of just over £40m.

Thirdly, it's obvious Heaton won't be on £80,000 a week. He's probably one of their top earners but in relation to other club average wages, that probably puts him still below in comparison. If we can offer him a pay rise too, it may sway things. All these things come into play.

We need a keeper. As Vorse says, since the days of Green we've had Jussi (free), Adrian (free), Randolph (free) and Hart (loan). You get where I'm going with this. We need a proper first choice keeper. And we may have to pay to get one. This is two seasons now when it's been a case of selecting the slightly less worse option.

Of course, we may well go down and Heaton, in any case, may say, 'I'm happy here, happy on my wage and want to play in the Europa League.'

But worth a question and IMO it's not farfetched at all for him and Burnley to consider a sale.
  • #lukerzdoeslogic
  • As said previous though these keepers will go for 20m+ we're not going to spend that on a keeper....
  • #yeolddoesrealism
  • We will need new owners to be getting a £25m keeper. Or a new investor like Everton got in order to get Pickford. Otherwise we will be getting someone who has some sort of downside, be it their age, or loss of form, etc.

Pepe Reina (if he wants to return to the Prem) is more realistic than Heaton IMO
  • Heaton won’t be going for £25m at 32. Maybe £15m-£20m. We need more than just good players, we need honest professionals, dedicated and leaders. Heaton ticks all the boxes. You’d get nothing less than 100% from him.
  • Wow. Had no idea Heaton was 32 years old. I had just assumed he was maybe 25. ;lol
  • Seen us linked with Danny Drinkwater, which I think would be a smart move. But not sure what it would take to sign him, given he went to Chelsea for over £30m.
  • I suspect we'll go for a season's loan, if anything.

But I'd take him. Better than what we have and will be keen to actually play football again I'd imagine.
  • Read that Haksabanovic isn't happy with his lack of first team football, hardly a surprise as he was a regular starter in the Swedish top tier lasts when we signed him.
  • “I would at this stage have liked to play more in the first team than I have,” he says. “That was the aim when I joined and that’s what I said when I signed in August.

“But I have to look at the positive things and the reasons why. I have learned a lot. The staff here have taught me many things and I think I am a better player already than when I came here.

“Swedish football is very different. Here, it’s more physical, it’s faster and it definitely took a while to get used to some parts of the game over here.

“But football is about learning and I am still young, so next season will be about improving and hopefully progressing to play more first-team football than I have this season.”

Read more at http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/april/30-april/haksabanovic-i-have-learned-lot-my-first-west-ham-season#pkU6ZpPclvMHJpZ6.99

For a given definition of 'unhappy'. Seems to have a balanced and realistic view of things.

I guess if someone just reported the first paragraph they could spin it negatively, but it wouldn't reflect the full interview.
  • Or just read the first paragraph. That would do it too.
  • Do you think he's going to complain on the official West Ham website? The fact that he mentioned it should be cause for concern.
  • I don't agree it should be cause for concern, necessarily.

No player is happy with not playing; that is a truism.

Taken in the context of the full interview, I don't see anything exceptional or concerning.
  • edited May 2018
    To repeat, the interview was on WHUFC.com, I seriously doubt he's going to express any negative opinions to them and even if he was foolish enough to speak his mind to his employers' own media outlet I doubt they'd make it public.

On WHUFC.com everything is fine, the stadium is wonderful, Andy Carroll is happy and unicorns roam free
  • Hes still just a kid but hes looked impressive for the reserves and looks capable the little ive seen him

Think he needs a loan, like for him to go to Wigan who play attractive football that could suit his style

Would like for us to go for Adama Traore if Boro miss romotion, hes stil lraw but arguably hes been the best player since the turn of the year in the championship

Think its worth the risk we need some pace and skill in attack not just to score butto prevent fullbacks just bombing forward against us
  • ASLEF

Not sure why you feel the need to repeat anything.

You made yourself clear, and I rather thought I had.
  • If everybody who doesn't play says they're unhappy and have to play then the only way is to play all 20 odd squad players at once.
    This would keep them all happy and give us a fighting chance of picking up the points we need to keep us safe.
  • Thorn, I think the ref would notice an extra 9 players on the pitch ;biggrin
  • Only if they were actually moving about. ;biggrin
  • That’s a plan then.
  • edited May 2018

Would like for us to go for Adama Traore if Boro miss promotion, he's still raw but arguably he's been the best player since the turn of the year in the championship

32 appearances, 5 goals scored, 10 assists, 40 chances created, 271 take ons attempted with an 80.4% success rate

That's 8.5 attempted take ons per game

One thing about him is that he will run with the ball and he will run with it fast
  • alderz said:

Would like for us to go for Adama Traore if Boro miss promotion, he's still raw but arguably he's been the best player since the turn of the year in the championship

32 appearances, 5 goals scored, 10 assists, 40 chances created, 271 take ons attempted with an 80.4% success rate

That's 8.5 attempted take ons per game

One thing about him is that he will run with the ball and he will run with it fast
    I'd take a punt on Traore ;ok
  • Like Masuaku but faster, scores more, assists more, creates more chances and takes people on more.