Official - some people can't let Sam Allardyce go (counselling available, reasonable fees.)

Comments

• edited January 2016
    My daughter has a great book and it has a page in it that whenever we read I think of this thread.

• absolutely no idea how that happened!!

• Kept them up, playing a better brand of football than we probably saw the last 15 odds games of last season

#DoesWhatItSaysOnTheTin
  • #Bilicsaysitbetter

• Pleased for Sam. Kept his record intact.
  • The crowd were chanting his name a lot. They seem more grateful for being a Prem club than some West Ham supporters were when Sam did the trick for us. Sam to Bilic seems to me to equate to Pearson to Ranieri. Well done all four ;clap
  • edited May 2016
    Pleased for him ;clap

They were helped by good signings in January, and a recent absence of injuries.

If its true that they appointed him in the traditional 'manager' role rather than just head coach, they will be OK next season. I think he'll do for Sunderlnd what he did for us ... stop the rot, gradually improve the quality of the squad, and bring some stability
  • So glad he kept them up. I like Sam. He is pretty much the reason we are where we are today.
    Getting us out of the Championship first time of asking was a massive task.
  • Well done to him.

Certainly played a far more entertaining brand of football in the games I watched than what I remember with us.
  • Sam may just have done as big a job for Sunderland as he did for us, by keeping them up he could have saved them a long and hard task of making the premiership again. It's hard to think of a job that Sam has failed in as Bolton enjoyed their best spell under him, Blackburn were still in the Premiership at the time of sacking him and are now not, Newcastle never gave him a chance and I think he left them as he found them and we know he got us back to the Premiership at the first attempt and stabilised us there.

Like his style or the man himself or not, I don't think it can be denied that in this age when being a football manager is a very unforgiving job and few really establish themselves long term, that Sam is a football manager of immense credibility, and my advice to Sunderland is keep him and he will stabilise you away from the relegation zone next season, and although many will want you achieving more immediately you will need this stabilisation to start to attract better players and a better manager. There are better than Sam out there but I am not sure you will attract them at present.
  • Sam has done brilliantly - time and again he delivers against the brief given to him.

I couldn't be more pleased for him.
  • Well done to him.

Certainly played a far more entertaining brand of football in the games I watched than what I remember with us.

Yep I had mentioned that, well the last few months with us for sure.

He can sit back in his Newcastle paid for Villa "Casa St James" put his feet up and wait for their Championship fixture list to come out, especially the one against Burton who 20 years ago were in the Southern League while NUFC were coming 2nd in the PL.

The bottom line is, Blackburn and NUFC only have themselves to blame, they listened in part to their fans (especially NUFC), who like most fans always think they know best.

He was part way through a process with both, yes it involves older more established and trusted players with little to no sell on value, but it works and it's proven.
  • Saw this on Facebook ..... If Sam had been the Captain, the Titanic would not have gone down.
  • We're safe. I'm not talking about recruitment today, I'm just trying to get over my hangover!
    ;bowdown

#priorities
  • Done a great job keeping them up ;clap
  • ;nonono

#FramedThatPost

;wink
  • edited May 2016
    I Know,

A comment from Twist with BFS and ;clap together

#needsafallingbackstunnedsmilie
    - - - Unless he meant Manure & LV FAIL ;puzzled
  • LGH will be a happy bunny the barcodes have gone down
  • Well done to Big Sam. It seems he is a good fit for Sunderland. I find it interesting that he has shown so much more energy and enthusiasm for Sunderland this season from the bench than he ever did at West Ham. I remember that for a large period of each game whilst West Ham manager he just sat back in his chair. He clearly has felt more in control of matters at Sunderland and seems happy. Good luck to him.
  • Exeter

Games I've seen, he's done his fair share of slumping. Really don't think there's much difference.
  • He slumps when exasperated because the team isn't doing what it's supposed to be doing.
  • I always found that very negative. Bilic must get exasperated too but he's always on the touchline, encouraging his players. Each to their own, but I much prefer Bilic's touchline demeanour to Allardyce's.
  • Wonder if it's anything to do with the heart op he had a while back?
  • ;nonono

#FramedThatPost

;wink

Still despise him though, don't worry about that ;wink
  • Benitez turns us down

And ends up getting relegated with NUFC and by an ex Manager of both our clubs

To add to that another ex manager of NUFC could be passing them on the way up with Brighton

You couldn't make it up
  • I didn't really care who stayed and who went.
  • That fine, your choice

I just thought it was a quirky little fact.

;ok
  • I don't normally comment on other clubs but I will with this one.He does it like it says on the tin & he's done it again.Perhaps more importantly ,a Sunderland supporting mate went to one of those meet the players/manager things & he said he's an absolutely top bloke.I still prefer Slaven though!