Official - some people can't let Sam Allardyce go (counselling available, reasonable fees.)

Comments

• He gave us a day in Wembley, kept us up, started turning us into Bolton and laughed at Chico, comedy gold
  • Ravel Morrison
    all the dirt from the past swept it under the rug..‼️

;hmm
  • Cant see any of the comments here and it appears that there are 2 threads with 10 pages of comments ... can only see the original opening post.

Not even sure if this comment will show up!
  • These Games under Bilic seem to go ten times faster than under BFS
    Because its entertaining ;ok
  • Test comment by me.
  • I see that people are commenting on this thread but I can't read the comments?

Is I banned or summin?
  • Just seen Allardyce's post match interview on SSN.

Glad he's Sunderland's problem now.
  • Still can't read any comments? This is what my page looks like:

Screenshot_2015-10-17-23-13-12
  • As I won't be able to read a reply could someone pm me if they know what the problem is please, ta ;ok
  • Seems OK now.
  • Twist, I had that view for most of yesterday. Can only assume Mrs Allardyce got into the database...
  • Didn't expect them to lose yesterday. WBA are a very average side, IMO, and expected Sunderland to get at least a point. Big job on his hands.
  • "We have had a point taken away from us today which wasn't our fault. In our position that's a hugely precious point, even at this stage of the season... We know we have to build from a solid base. What looked like a 0-0 would have been a good basis for us because the goals will come."

How many times did we see this? Respect the point then ultimately lose it.

What we saw from our current manager yesterday was respect the three points.

Which I prefer.
  • W - L - L
    D - D - D

Ultimately both = 3 points.
  • Mrs G, working for me now ;ok

OCS, thought I was banned for a minute... #mrsallardyce #database ;whistle
  • Interesting why Zarate is now seen as a valuable squad player yet last season the manager couldn't get anything out of him? ;hmm
  • Interesting why Zarate is now seen as a valuable squad player yet last season the manager couldn't get anything out of him? ;hmm
    In all fairness nor could the QPR manager, but he seems up for it this season

;ok
  • Interesting why Zarate is now seen as a valuable squad player yet last season the manager the managers couldn't get anything out of him? ;hmm
    Fixed it for ya! ;ok
  • edited October 2015
    Maybe, but then Ramsey is a two-Bob manager who is struggling at QPR and vastly inexperienced. ;wink

Not saying Sam was wrong to leave him out the XI, but as a sub, making him feel wanted and keeping him involved. Instead of just giving up and losing all patience.

Bilic obviously knows how to handle people.
  • Latest rumour is that Sam wants Sandro, Carlton, Collins and JO'B by January.
  • Lukerz

And 'Arry, who was manager when he joined on loan? ;whistle
  • edited October 2015
    Maybe, but then Ramsey is a two-Bob manager who is struggling at QPR and vastly inexperienced. ;wink

Not saying Sam was wrong to leave him out the XI, but as a sub, making him feel wanted and keeping him involved. Instead of just giving up and losing all patience.

Bilic obviously knows how to handle people.
    As he proved with Amalfitano.

Oh, hang on....
  • Slaven - I think they all know what they can and can't get away with now, Amalf was a very clear example.
    As for Big Sam - Simply Sour Grapes, I feel sorry for him really, he seems to have forgotten that football is a spectator sport.
  • I feel sorry for Sam too.

Imagine playing terrific football for half the season, and then having people completely blank it out of their memories, so they can give him pelters...
  • Memories are short but even in that spell I seem to remember defensive substitutions trying to protect one goal leads.
  • Can't have been many, given that out of our first 10 wins, all bar 2 were by more than 1 goal...

People 'remember' what they want to, to support a preconceived view.
  • Grey, I haven't forgotten that early season form. And I remember Allardyce getting the plaudits for it.

However, I also remember the prevailing attitude post-Christmas which made me almost fall out of love with football.
  • OCS

That's fair comment.

I don't share your view, but I can see how disappointing the 2nd half was, and we played some poor football in that period (along with some good stuff that gets forgotten, as well.)

What I don't get is why people insist on ignoring the first half of the season, and banging on about how boring Sam's style was.

Last year, at game 9, we had scored 17 goals, got 16 points and were 4th.