Other matches 8th and 9th April

Man Utd v Everton is the Saturday lunchtime kick off but all the media attention is on Arsenal's trip to Anfield on Sunday afternoon.

Yesterday Burnley guaranteed promotion to the Premier League with seven games left by beating 4th place Middlesbrough away. Kompany has done an outstanding job especially considering that only seven first team players stayed after relegation

Sheffield United look nailed on for the other automatic promotion spot while the playoffs could see either Luton or M....... joining them.

Luton

Flashbacks

The horror, the horror...

Comments

• Supoose someone needs to say it................
    Come on Man U!
  • Glasgow city centre this morning was an unnerving place to be!
  • Poor effort from Rashford with a one-on-one, he hits it straight at Pickford when I really expected him to score.
  • Man Utd miss an open goal; a shot by Antony hits the post and comes out to a completely unmarked Wan-Bissaka who puts it wide of the other post with Pickford stranded.
  • Man Utd should be 2 or 3 up already, I hope Everton don't get something out of this game.
  • Utd score at last
  • McTominay recalling hitting a scoring purple patch. 1-0 to Man U
  • Don't like mcTominay .However warming a bit towards him today =)
  • edited April 2023
    Can't warm to McTominay under any circumstances
  • MrsGrey said:

Glasgow city centre this morning was an unnerving place to be!

You do pick your moments.
  • Can't warm to McTominay under any circumstances

What? A ball winning, tough tackling, goal scoring midfielder? If have him in a shot.
  • ManU 2-0 up. A bit of breathing room.
  • McTominay once again showed his colors today, fail to see how he was not at least booked for both kneeing and kicking out at Coleman.

Utd looking good and deserving of their lead, was thinking that it might not be their day as they had spurned numerous quality chances, Pickford was looking unbeatable.
  • Pickford was MotM
  • I’ve said it before, but McTominay would be a very good replacement when Rice leaves.
  • I think McTominay’s recent scoring form make it unlikely he’ll be leaving Man U. I don’t like him, but otherwise agree with alderz above.
  • Chelsea let us down again.
  • We're going to end the weekend in 14th
  • No to McTominay
  • 9 points behind Chelsea with a game in hand. #justsaying
  • What a ball by KDB!
  • What a goal by Haaland
  • KDB has produced a masterclass today
  • Watched MotD, Brighton were robbed
  • Watched MotD, Brighton were robbed

I remember during the Bilic season that we threatened the top four there seemed to be an awful lot of terrible decisions go against us towards the end of the season.

Looks like Brighton might be suffering the same for trying to gate crash the monopoly.

I don't think the powers that be particularly mind Newcastle being there, because they'll become another big money spinner in the near future.
  • edited April 2023

Watched MotD, Brighton were robbed

Even the PGMOL say so:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65224836

3rd time this season they've actually admitted it to Brighton this season apparently, that is really poor use of VAR against the same club so I would be fuming if I supported Brighton. As usual, can't see that happening to a Sky 6 team.

From that article:

"PGMOL apologised to Brighton following mistakes in their game against Crystal Palace in February and it is understood it also did so around an incident involving Solly March in a game against Aston Villa just before the World Cup."

Whilst mistakes can happen in real time without it necessarily being down to poor reffing (such as a ref being unsighted) for this to happen when there's VAR is extremely poor.
  • Leeds currently beating Palace 1-0. I'd definitely prefer a draw, if not a Palace win (sorry Ham) as I think Leeds have got a tougher run in and will be right in the relegation mix if they don't win this.
  • Leeds currently beating Palace 1-0. I'd definitely prefer a draw, if not a Palace win (sorry Ham) as I think Leeds have got a tougher run in and will be right in the relegation mix if they don't win this.

Palace equalise in first half stoppage time, 1-1 at half-time.
  • Palace now 1-3 up