Other matches 8th and 9th April

2»

Comments

• Go for a quick walk come back and its 4-1
  • At least we lost 5-1 at home to Newcastle 😂
  • Good result for us. Palace will probably survive anyway, and play too many teams in the bottom third of the table. I'd rather have them thrashing the teams below us, stopping them from going past us and wrecking their goal difference in the process.
  • Amazing turn around, it was all Leeds in the first half and they could easily have been 2 or 3 up, they concede an equaliser in first half injury time and now they're 5-1 down.
  • #newmanagerbounce
  • Hamstew said:

#newmanagerbounce

Wasn't there some stat that the bounce lasts only for 5 games? For Palace that would still mean that Southampton, Everton and Wolves are on the receiving end before we turn up and the bounce has peaked and they start coming down again 🤔😏
  • Hamstew said:

#newmanagerbounce

Wasn't there some stat that the bounce lasts only for 5 games? For Palace that would still mean that Southampton, Everton and Wolves are on the receiving end before we turn up and the bounce has peaked and they start coming down again 🤔😏
    Let's hope so 🤞🤞🤞.
  • Arsenal 0-2 up after 30 minutes. They're going to be nicely rested for their next game. :o
  • have to admit I wanted Arsenal to beat Liverpool today. Another potentially toigh game negotiated so City dont win the title. That said, at Anfield, a 2 goal lead can evaporate if the home team actually rememver they were very good until recently
  • I'm happy with a draw tbh, opens up the title race a little whilst reducing still further Liverpool's chances of making top 4 which should already be beyond them.
  • I think the top2 and Newcastle are certs to finsih in the top4. Man Utd are the only doubts for me. If Rashford's injury is significant then they could easily struggle without him and give Spurs and Brighton a chance to sneak in. It would be amazing if Brighton could get in there. A triumph for the smaller team that would give hope to the others.
  • Salah misses a penalty.
  • Referee Assistant’s now appearing to be allowed to elbow players!
  • edited April 2023
    Liverpool equalise in the 87th minute, 2-2.

Not many times in the last few seasons that Man City supporters have cheered a Liverpool goal.
  • Not quite sure how Liverpool haven't scored a third. Ramsdale has made some great saves, full time now, 2-2.
  • Arsenal will be worried now ,Nerves will set in and we will beat them next weekend
  • Admittedly, I am scared Arsenal will lose the title now and its Liverpools fault.
  • steve said:

Arsenal will be worried now ,Nerves will set in and we will beat them next weekend

You’re hilarious Steve. When are you taking your comedy act on the road :)
  • I think too much is being made of the lino v Robertson incident. Robertson was hounding the lino who, to me, looked like he was trying to get his arm out to prevent Roberton getting in his face (ie make him kinda go the long way around his outstretched arm to actually get in front of him, he was trying to keep Robertson away from him); I don't think it was an actual attempt to elbow him. Calls for the lino to get the same penalty as Mitrovic are ridiculous imo.
  • I think too much is being made of the lino v Robertson incident. Robertson was hounding the lino who, to me, looked like he was trying to get his arm out to prevent Roberton getting in his face (ie make him kinda go the long way around his outstretched arm to actually get in front of him, he was trying to keep Robertson away from him); I don't think it was an actual attempt to elbow him. Calls for the lino to get the same penalty as Mitrovic are ridiculous imo.

I haven’t seen too many replays but it did seem to me like the linesman was trying to pull his arm away from Robertson. If Robertson touched the linesman then he should get a ban. Rightly or wrongly I think the linesman will lose his job. He’s going to be made a scapegoat to appease the players union.
    Funny how if that had happened in open play the player would be rolling around on the ground clutching his throat.
  • Remember when a French referee kicked out at a player that inadvertently tripped him up. The ref was suspended for 6 months.

• MIAHammer said:

Remember when a French referee kicked out at a player that inadvertently tripped him up. The ref was suspended for 6 months.

Completely different scenario imo, the ref there deliberately kicked out at the player.

• Think everyone can agree that Robertson is a Scottish whinge bag deluxe..( A Scottish version of Bruno Fernandes, always moaning and carrying on like a spoilt brat.... )

I really hope Constantine gets at most a few weeks off, while hopefully Robertson will be given a ban, even tho I can't see this outcome, but hoping for it anyway....

I personally am pretty sure that the assistant didn't mean to catch Robertson in the chin, but Roberston has such a big gob/chin he just caught him, just by meaning to get Roberson to back off, not an actual deliberate elbow in his face....

I'm sure we all have different opinions, but hopefully Constantine will at very worst just get a few weeks off out of the limelight etc....
  • edited April 2023
    When all is said and done, imo, it was a really great watch, it had everything you want in a game, goals, skill, passion, desire, a couple of controversies and a missed penalty - what was there to dislike.