AEK LARNACA (H) THURS MARCH 16th 8PM ...PART 2

Same team as the Villa game for me ,Let them try and work up an understanding together .Two week break after this .Hope Cornet gets 30 mins .At lest he seemed like he was trying to make things happen .

Comments

• I wonder if Scammaca will get some minutes after DM's comments?
  • edited March 2023
    Areola
    Johnson - Kehrer - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Lanzini - Downes
    Bowen - Fornals - Cornet
    Scamacca
  • Think Downes is suspended for this one
  • Soucek it is then!
  • Cornet and Scamacca should definitely both start. Otherwise I think it doesn’t matter massively
  • Areola
    Johnson - Zouma - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Paqueta - Soucek - Lanzini
    Bowen - Scamacca - Fornals

Is the team
  • Areola, Johnson, Zouma, Ogbonna ©, Cresswell, Souček, Paquetá, Lanzini, Bowen, Fornals, Scamacca
    Subs: Hegyi (GK), Anang (GK), Aguerd, Benrahma, Cornet, Ings, Kehrer, Emerson, Rice, Laing, Mubama, Potts
  • Lets just hope Johnson has learned his lesson about how to defend
  • Still work to do tonight. can't forget they had 14 corners to our none in the first leg., but looking forward to seeing how it pans out COYI .
  • This lady presenter on BT is annoying me, talking about booing after the last game and then a toxic atmosphere. I have been at the last two games a 4-0 win and a draw against Villa when the players all tried hard. I didn't hear any booing or sense any toxic atmosphere, was she at those games?
  • I thought it was widely reported the players were boo'd off after the Villa game?
  • MrsGrey said:

I thought it was widely reported the players were boo'd off after the Villa game?

Woulda been harsh if it was the case, despite the result not being what we wanted or even deserved, the performance was actually pretty good.
  • I see we're still having nosebleeds in the final third.
  • I see we're still having nosebleeds in the final third.

Literally five minutes in.😂

• edited March 2023
    I was going to wait but they've naused up a few too many times for my liking hahaha
  • Pretty good intensity, this. For us, anyway.
  • Johnson exposed there, Areola awake at least.
  • So before the game they were going on about it being toxic and they are going about only having 40 thousand in the ground. They moan more than we do in here! Hahaha
  • edited March 2023
    Scamacca 😊

Shocking keeping though but nice for the Italian to get back on the scoresheet.
  • Well done Scamacca, now let's see if he can bang in a hat trick.
  • Scamacca again, but flagged offside and VAR will confirm it. Tidy finish though nonetheless.
  • How was that a foul?
  • Still need to see way more of Paqueta’s quality
  • MrsGrey said:

I thought it was widely reported the players were boo'd off after the Villa game?

I was at the game until the end and didn't hear any booing, not to say there may have been a little somewhere, but I couldn't hear it.

• 1-1, or is it? Flagged offside and it's a close one for VAR to check.
  • VAR confirm it's offside, so we're still up on the night.
  • One all in VAR offside calls.

Ben Johnson not having a great game again. Confidence looks shot.
  • Is Scamacca playing on the left? If so why?

Moyes likes to convert wingers into strikers. He knows what he's doing.

Not particularly, he's drifted there a few times, but playing centrally imo.