AEK LARNACA (A) THURS MARCH 9TH 5-45 pm

edited March 2023 in Match Threads
Okay seems no one wants to take this on ,So here goes .Know nothing about these guys .Our beloved Hammers have a 5 hour plane trip ,Time to think and watch the Brighton train wreck 3 times over .Hope Zouma ,Coufal are back ,Perhaps Cornet might travel .Guess a draw will be okay .

Comments

• Areola
    Kehrer - Zouma - Aguerd - Cresswell
    Bowen - Lanzini - Rice - Fornals
    Scamacca - Antonio
  • The legend that was Ivan Campo finished his career there.

#uselessfact
  • Kick off is 5:4pm London/7:45pm Larnaca
  • steve must be on Canadian time. 😬
  • Sorry about the time ,Perhaps a mod could change it
  • steve said:

Sorry about the time ,Perhaps a mod could change it

Done
  • Thanks alderz
  • Hamstew said:

Win

Who is opening the Villa thread
  • Hamstew said:

Win

😱😱😱 Who are you, and what have you done with Ham?
  • Unlike Moyes I can change my ways
  • edited March 2023
    Antonio, Cornet, Kehrer and Ogbonna reported as training yesterday

Only Coufal and Fabianski appear to be currently unavailable
  • Rafael Guimarães Lopes Hat-trick!
  • edited March 2023
    So, big questions at RB for this and the Villa game. Coufal out, and possibly out for a while. Johnson has been mostly overlooked since the early part of the season, then comes in and has an absolute shocker against Brighton. Can't help wondering if he's had some issues behind the scenes, but whether he has or not, the performance on Saturday will surely have rocked his confidence.

That leaves Kehrer, who has also had a far from stellar season so far, and has had a few poor performances as well (the worst being when he was tried at LB, can't remember who we were playing).

With Johnson's performance against Brighton so fresh in the memory, do we give him this "probably easier than a PL" game as a chance to get straight back on the horse in case we need to call on him at some point in the rest of the season? And then play Kehrer, who has been on the sidelines himself recently, against Villa on Sunday without a "prep" game? Decisions, decisions.
  • Was Johnson bad throughout the game? I only managed to watch the highlights so only really saw the goals but not much of what was in between. Mitoma has embarrassed a few RBs this season so I'd have thought you'd have Johnson in for this one and hope last weekend was a one-off. But he has had a couple of bad games at RB this season (Liverpool was the other).
  • I thought Johnson was one of our better players at Man U last week. Hopefully that shocker at Brighton hasn’t rocked him too badly. I’d definitely play him in this one.
  • Was Johnson bad throughout the game? I only managed to watch the highlights so only really saw the goals but not much of what was in between. Mitoma has embarrassed a few RBs this season so I'd have thought you'd have Johnson in for this one and hope last weekend was a one-off. But he has had a couple of bad games at RB this season (Liverpool was the other).

Tbh most players were bad, but he was completely to blame for the first 2 goals and I think his confidence went after that. I know Bowen gave away the penalty, but Johnson completely mis-judged the crossfield ball and created the situation in the first place.
  • Johnson had a complete mare V Brighton IMO.. probably his worse game I’ve witnessed him play… but that doesn’t mean he’s not worth another chance…
  • To be honest never rated Johnson ,championship level at best ,And thats being kind
  • Better to see how he goes tomorrow before risking him against Villa, EPL survival being more important imo.
  • steve said:

To be honest never rated Johnson ,championship level at best ,And thats being kind

I’ve seen him have very good games in the Premier League. And tbh, I can’t imagine too many Larnaca players are likely to be deemed Premier League standard.
  • Our best bit of form last season was when Johnson had a run at RB with Zouma, Ogbonna & Cresswell.
  • edited March 2023
    Alderz we will find out about Larnaca players tomorrow. Most of ours haven’t been PL standard this season.
  • Hamstew said:

Loss

And he's back, the aliens have replaced his doppelganger with the original 😂🤣😂
  • Ham going for all 3 results, very sneaky.
  • Postponed