Other Games 25th and 26th Feb

Apart from desperately needing to beat Forest today, all the other teams in the bottom 5 are playing today. After last weekend we could do with a few results going our way today. Hopefully Man City will beat Bournemouth, but we could also do with Villa doing us a favour and getting at least a point agaainst Everton, with ideally Soton and Leeds fighting out a boring draw.

Comments

• All 4 3pm kick-offs are 0-0 at half time, which isn't too bad if we could sneak a win.
  • Villa have scored against Everton.
  • edited February 2023
    Edit: wrong thread
  • Leeds vs Saints playing out a terrible half of football apprantly, a draw suits us

Everton also losing

EDIT: and Leeds have just scored
  • Villa get a second, and Leeds beat Soton. Woulda preferred a draw there, but good to see Everton lose. As long as City beat Bournemouth, coupled with our result, it will be a decent weekend for a change.
  • Let’s hope for a Haaland hat trick
  • All pretty good so far other than Leeds and Soton not drawing, Just need Liverpool to beat Palace now, 0-0 half an hour to go.
  • And now less then 5 mins ,can't trust Liverpool to get anything right =)
  • edited February 2023
    steve said:

And now less then 5 mins ,can't trust Liverpool to get anything right =)

I know they're not that far above us, and seemingly on a bad run, but they've had a tough run of fixtures where they've not been badly beaten when they have lost and I don't think they're really in the relegation mix tbh (sorry Ham).
  • steve said:

They are victims of Palace not letting them score
  • steve said:

I know they're not that far above us, and seemingly on a bad run, but they've had a tough run of fixtures where they've not been badly beaten when they have lost and I don't think they're really in the relegation mix tbh (sorry Ham).
    Are you talking about Palace or Liverpool?
  • edited February 2023
    I reckon the ref bottled it at Spurs.
  • By the letter of the law it should have been a sending off but I think it was a fair decision as Royal instigated that whole incident. A fairer decision would be if both players got sent off. Royal should have got 2 yellows - one for barging into the back and one for simulation when he went down clutching his face.
  • edited February 2023
    Good old Martin Tyler. "Why didn't he wait for the review before giving the red?" Surely VAR can't review it and suggest a yellow unless a red is given?
  • I think VAR should be start reviewing simulation. Too many players go down clutching their faces when trying to get players sent off.
  • edited February 2023
    However messy the red/ yellow card situation was , I think the end decision was correct.
    Not an easy match to ref with so many BAFTA awarded actors on the pitch 🤷‍♂️
  • He was hit in the face or did I imagine that?
  • He was hit in the face or did I imagine that?

Not sure a hit, more a push .. handbag stuff 🤣
  • edited February 2023

He was hit in the face or did I imagine that?

He was, but it was Royal so fully deserved.
  • The point I'm making is, you can't book him for simulation as Ziyech did hit/shove Royal in the face, even if Royal deserved it.
  • He wasn't booked for simulation. He was booked for running 20 meters and charging into the back of Ziyech.
  • MIA, There was an incident in the Tottenham v Manchester United womens match the other week where Ella Toone received a red card but the resulting three match ban was overturned. The interesting bit was the other player involved in the incident Summanen has now been banned for two matches on the basis of her committed "successful deception"!
  • The more I see Chelsea the more I think our result against them was poor.
  • I know that, it was MIA who was saying it was simulation not me. Ziyech should have been booked for the original foul and then he should have been booked for the shove/hit in the face.
  • edited February 2023

He was hit in the face or did I imagine that?

Having watched the replay, there’s an argument to be made that the contact with the face was not deliberate. It brushed off Royal’s shoulder and hit (if you can call it that) him in the face.
  • To me simulation is when no contact has been made and you go down. I'm not saying the contact warranted him going to ground but contact was made with his hand on his face.
  • Potter : perhaps a nice guy, but simply out of his depth IMO
  • To me simulation is when no contact has been made and you go down. I'm not saying the contact warranted him going to ground but contact was made with his hand on his face.

I don’t think simulation has to involve no contact. It’s the act of feigning an injury and trying to con the referee.
  • Jay ,not sure you can say handbag stuff anymore =)