Other Games 18th and 19th Feb

First match of the weekend is Villa v Arsenal, and Villa take an early lead on 5 minutes. Can't help feeling Ramsdale shoulda done better with the shot though.

Comments

• Saka scores to level things up.
  • And Villa score a second, 2-1.
  • And Villa score a second, 2-1.

Well worked goal......White possibly could have done better there IMO...
  • 2-2, quite a good game for the neutral, apart from not wanting Arteta to win.
  • edited February 2023
    Huge stroke of fortune for Arsenal, Jorginho's strike comes down off the crossbar and strikes the Villa keeper and bounces back into the net.

Don't like Martinez, but don't like Arteta even more.
  • Martinez, who is the biggest time waster in the Prem, scores an own goal in added time. Karma or what? 😂
  • IronHerb said:

Martinez, who is the biggest time waster in the Prem, scores an own goal in added time. Karma or what? 😂

And then goes forward for a corner and gets caught out of position as Arsenal break, 2-4 FT.
  • I really really wanted Arsenal’s third goal to be disallowed for offside as I think Arteta may well have chinned the lino and got banned for life.
  • So big games at the bottom ,who do we want to win,loose,or draw
  • Any chance of a fight breaking out and both teams having points deducted ? Asking for a friend, I of course would never advocate violence 😉
  • To be fair the Arsenal game was a great watch and over the years, I have to confess to having a soft spot for the Arsenal as they have played some great stuff, however, I am totally routing for Citeh for the title as I dislike Arteta, THAT much.

I am going to have to stop myself from going full on Kevin Keegan, I would absolutely LOVE to see him miss out on the title .
  • Saints winning at chelsea
  • edited February 2023
    Soton winning away at Chelsea, with Everton, Leeds and Bournemouth all picking up a point each as things stand atm, so not great for us at half time (although a point apiece for Everton and Leeds would be our best result imo).
  • Even worse, Bournemouth now take the lead away to Wolves.
  • Results not going our way currently thats for sure. Need to get something from Spurs tomorrow to lift us back out maybe.
  • I've spent the last two weeks in West Virginia with NBC highlights and they're far better than over here. Loads of games there were "handbags" but for some reason BBC/Sky don't show them
  • Now palace winning. What a sucky day of footy
  • Into the bottom 3 now
  • Even even worse, Forest score and are level with City.
  • Shocking set of scores so far..Over to you Moyes and West Ham.....
  • Need Chelsea, Wolves, Man City and Leeds to help us.
  • Until the numbers say otherwise, I am trying not to watch other scores to closely as in my mind, the ball is firmly in or our own hands, score goals, win games and we comfortably stay up
  • Until the numbers say otherwise, I am trying not to watch other scores to closely as in my mind, the ball is firmly in or our own hands, score goals, win games and we comfortably stay up

Not sure comfortably will come into the equation, but admire your positivity....
  • Horrendous set of results
  • Just seen Brentford destroy Palace hearts. Wonderful
  • How long does Potter have??? Perhaps a nice guy out of his depth ??
    Still, sadly most or nearly all results were not great today, but a long way to go...
    We just gotta do the same .,,beat a top team......Tomorrow would be a fab start....COYI
  • Well after that set of results surely Moyes has got to go,and that must be Antonio’s last game, he was completely anonymous- again.

• How long does Potter have??? Perhaps a nice guy out of his depth ??
    Still, sadly most or nearly all results were not great today, but a long way to go...
    We just gotta do the same .,,beat a top team......Tomorrow would be a fab start....COYI

Well my Chelsea mate reckons “ He’s the worst manager in our history “.
    Literally three weeks ago “ Trust the manager, he’ll get it right’

You really couldn’t make it up.

• Can scarcely believe Bournemouth, Southampton and Everton all won on the same day!

(taking pleasure from Forests equalizer though, can't help it)
  • Wow! Pope red card and Liverpool 2-0 after 20 minutes :)