Other Games 18th and 19th Feb

Comments

• Bazshuayi said:

Can scarcely believe Bournemouth, Southampton and Everton all won on the same day!

(taking pleasure from Forests equalizer though, can't help it)

Just perhaps that comment should have been kept to yourself !!
  • Bazshuayi said:

Wow! Pope red card and Liverpool 2-0 after 20 minutes :)

Yep, no doubt that Liverpool have put themselves in contention for the Europa Conference League next season 😂🤣😂
  • What a moment of madness from Pope though.. He’ll miss the cup final now ….
  • And Dubravka is cup tied. 🤷‍♂️
  • Mighty glad I haven't got him in my Fantasy football team.
  • At lest wolves and Leeds lost =)
  • I have to admit that I dont think a red card in one competition should ban you from a final in another. In such circumstances surely they could just ban Pope from the next league match.
  • Bazshuayi said:

Can scarcely believe Bournemouth, Southampton and Everton all won on the same day!

Yeah.... That's not my way. Any negative news about City is fair game :)
  • Newcastle bottling the top 4

Shame (genuinely)
  • I don't think Newcastle have the quality up top or in midfield yet.

Almiron had the run of his life and I wonder if he will ever repeat anything like it. St Max is inconsistent and injured a lot. Wilson is injured a lot. Gordon, despite being a prospect, doesnt score or assist much. Isaak looks ok. Willock? Without Bruno in midfield they look lightweight. Trippier is quality assist wise but he's no spring chicken anymore.

They had an excellent run results wise but I think they need to buy nearly a new first 11 to have a squad good enough to expect top4 and above aspirations.
  • Everton only home winners in PL today. Hope there are none tomorrow
  • Bazshuayi said:

Bazshuayi said:

Yeah.... That's not my way. Any negative news about City is fair game :)
    Unfortunately we need the teams around us to get as few points as possible.
  • Of course I understand that. Its not like I wanted Forest, or anyone else around us to pick up anything. After the game though it was the only positive I saw
  • To be fair Leeds & Wolves took 0 points so not all lost.
  • But we could do with at least a point tomorrow
  • Yes it was a very poor day with most of the "serious" candidates for relegation winning Southampton, Bournemouth, Everton & Liverpool!
  • Watching Villa v Arsenal, nice to see that Rick Wakeman is keeping busy

• Chelsea have scored four goals in the last 10 games. If Potter was employed at the start of the season that is relegation form.
  • The problem isn't Potter, the problem is three managers in three seasons plus a new owner with too much money and not enough patience
  • Many Chelsea fans (going by their forums ) would half agree with you. They feel they need stability but many are resentful Tuchal wasn't the man shown this patience and support, they feel Potter isn't up to the job. It's not hard to agree on the basis of this chart.

• It's the same problem at Chelsea that he had at Brighton, his teams do not score enough goals.
  • edited February 2023
    Bazshuayi said:

Of course I understand that. Its not like I wanted Forest, or anyone else around us to pick up anything. After the game though it was the only positive I saw

Personally don't get that whatsoever , meaning it's not a positive thing in anyway when its to the detriment to the team you support
    ?

But hey, you can think and get pleasure in whatever floats your boat.
  • It's the same problem at Chelsea that he had at Brighton, his teams do not score enough goals.

Brighton had no problem scoring against us...

In Potter's three PL seasons Brighton scored an average of 1.06 and conceded 1.26 goals per game

In the six PL games Potter was in charge this season Brighton scored 12 and only conceded 4.

I guess Boehly looked this season's stats and didn't bother looking any further back
  • Bring back Mourinho
    Bring back Mourinho
    Bring back Mourinho
    Bring back Mourinho 🎶
  • Horrible, knee high tackle by Man Utd player goes completely unpunished. VAR checks to see if it's a red, it's probably an orange, but the player gets away scott free because the ref didn't give anything (how?) and VAR can only give a red or nothing.
  • Bazshuayi said:

Of course I understand that. Its not like I wanted Forest, or anyone else around us to pick up anything. After the game though it was the only positive I saw

Personally don't get that whatsoever , meaning it's not a positive thing in anyway when its to the detriment to the team you support
    ?

But hey, you can think and get pleasure in whatever floats your boat.
    Once a game is finished and the points are gone, yes it was the only positive I saw (i.e. something detrimental to Man City). I was searching for a positive on some level. I certainly was not pleased it was to West Hams detriment but there's precious little I can do personally when the teams in the their current position. Its not like I don't want us to win!
  • Did this slump/downward slide not coincide with Stuart Pearce's departure?
    I don't know whether the stats confirm this as I know we suffered some unexpected defeats just prior to it - something for Alderz? ;)
    Does anyone know if it's because he fell out with Sullivan, as a friend of mine told me?
    Is Pearce's replacement, Mark Warburton, up to the task?

I can't help thinking about the results of the current England men's Test team under the new captain and coach. Mostly the same players with a couple of newcomers, but playing with a completely different mindset and tactics.

• Pearce quit 23rd May and the only reason he's ever given for quitting was that he was simply tired of driving three hours around the M25 every day

The last three games with Pearce were a win away at Norwich, a home draw with City and an away loss at Brighton.
  • Nikola Vlasic is not available for tonight’s* match between Torino and Cremnoese due to a muscle injury and will ‘undergo further examination’ in the coming days, said the Granata.

*last night 2-2