ARSENAL (A) MON DEC 26TH

Yes people i am back ,So with England having gone the way of the dodo bird.Lets get back to the real football.I know some of you thought i got a easy ride last time .So lets see how this works out ,I have taken on the gunners thread because i want to see Arteta cry on the touchline when we beat them .And i cant trust any of you lot to do it .Guess Zouma will be missing .So not only does Dawson have to step up in defence,He qalso needs to get us a goal or two at the other end seeing as Antonio and Scamacca seem to be sleeping walking through most games .Anyway if we win i will take all the credit .A loss will be down to Moyes,just getting that out there so no blame can be attached to me .Up the Hammers .

Comments

• Moyes o....
  • We've looked OK in the warm-up matches. I'm quite excited about the new season. Oh.
  • Like I said on the last match thread, this could be the best time to play them.
    Momentum lost due to the World Cup break
    Jesus now injured
    Ben White to get hostility from away fans for the foreseeable

COYI
  • It's all Antonio's fault!

I thought I'd steal Slackers thunder hahaha
  • Ravel49 said:

Ben White to get hostility from away fans for the foreseeable

Have I missed something?
  • He got sent home from Qatar for behavioural issues apparently. According to BBC et al he hadn’t done any homework on opponents and couldn’t tell who was in what team. His excuse was he never watches football matches and so apart from his own team doesn’t know anything.
  • What thorn said
    Plus didn’t mix well with the other players
  • Predicting chants of ‘you let your country down’
    Not that he would have featured much if at all imo
  • Playing for Arsenal he probably has the "Sky Six" mentality that he doesn't have to bother about other teams/countries as they are pretty much irrelevant!
  • edited December 2022
    I'm not sure it's like that. I've read an interview where he talks about how he didn't really grow up in a football-mad household or care much about it himself, he's just good at it. There are often comments about how blunt he is in interviews - maybe Arsenal teammates are used to it but his behavioural traits don't lend themselves to a short, intense camp like a World Cup.

But if he's taking the Assou-Ekotto approach and saying he just sees football as a job then watching games to know his opponents is part of the job, whether you enjoy it or not.
  • Why Benjamin
    It’s my name
  • He got sent home from Qatar for behavioural issues apparently. According to BBC et al he hadn’t done any homework on opponents and couldn’t tell who was in what team. His excuse was he never watches football matches and so apart from his own team doesn’t know anything.

Doesn’t surprise me if you see some of his interviews after Arsenal games & his manner.
  • David James had a similar attitude to not watching football but now is appearing as a pundit so I would like to think he has to now. =)
  • edited December 2022

David James had a similar attitude to not watching football but now is appearing as a pundit so I would like to think he has to now. =)

I often felt he wasn't watching half the games he was playing in 😂🤣😂
  • Didn’t he just stay up late in his earlier days playing PlayStation
    If so fair play 👏🏻
  • #manchild
    #willgrowuponeday
    #probablynot
  • I searched for the Ben White story, and I don't see a lot of credible evidence for this very negative spin. A lot looks like speculation, gossip and adding 2 and 2 to get 6..

There are also specific refutations of some of the stories from fairly credible sources.

So I've decided not to boo him just yet.

• MrsG, I thought just playing for Arsenal was more than sufficient reason to boo him!
  • I have no strong feelings about Arsenal.

Chelsea, Spurs...

That's pretty much it.

I loathe Arteta, but he's just some guy.
  • Ravel49 said:

Predicting chants of ‘you let your country down’

I think that chant will be reserved for Kane.
  • IronHerb said:

Ravel49 said:

Predicting chants of ‘you let your country down’

I think that chant will be reserved for Kane.
    Let's hope it isnt our minority of idiots who do that, leave it to another teams intellectual group of supporters.....
  • MrsGrey said:

I have no strong feelings about Arsenal.

Chelsea, Spurs...

That's pretty much it.

I loathe Arteta, but he's just some guy.

The thing with Arteta for me is that he comes over as a decent bloke when interviewed but when he’s on the touchline I want someone to give him a straightener.

• The only thing with Arsenal is I don't like their fans. Under Wenger, I enjoyed watching their football and had no real reason to dislike them compared to Chelsea and Spurs. But I feel like the way they treated Wenger and the way they turn on their own players so quickly (which is why I don't really like the treatment of Soucek when he got subbed) makes me happy when they suffer.
  • I'm actually quite enjoying Arsenal at the moment

2020/21 they spent most of the season in the bottom half

Last season they got off to a ropey start then recovered

Now they're top of the table, 5pts clear of City, 11pts above Man U, 15pts above Liverpool and 16pts above Chelsea

Hope it continues (after we've played them, obviously)
  • I detest Arsenal
    Would rather have a Liverpool love in!
    Baz, re open your thread!
  • I literally don't care about any other clubs, with the exception of I absolutely love it when Man Utd struggle.
  • Anyone but City for me... Apart from Chelsea Spurs Man Utd :)
  • I think many football followers today judge clubs by their managers. I certainly do. When I lived in England, I judged clubs by their fans. Apart from West Ham, of course =)
  • According to Ex Aguerd is set to play against Arsenal. He pulled out of the Morocco v France game due to flu.
  • Dont see how he can .when morocco has a game tomorrow .so even if he misses that game .He will get time off