ARSENAL (A) MON DEC 26TH

Comments

• 6 at the back for me =)
  • Don’t matter whether we go 3,4 or 5 at the back. Once it starts we’ll end up having to have 10 at the back and lump it up to whoever stays up.
  • Don’t matter whether we go 3,4 or 5 at the back. Once it starts we’ll end up having to have 10 at the back and lump it up to whoever stays up.

Early contender for the slacker award
  • 3-0 loss. With the injuries with got, Negative Dave will be double negative.
  • For me it's a 10pm K.O....

I am working from 7.30am so will have to be up by 6.30am...

So I'm really undecided whether I should stay up, record it....or just not bother....

COYI whatever I decide....

There are some very iffy performances from the games going on right now...Leicester, Palace ( good, 2 red's as well ) & Southampton......Really hope we don't join that list.....

• I’ve agreed to play board games instead of watch the football tonight and honestly I don’t mind my choice
  • I'm not going to argue with my wife when she asks if we can't watch a Christmas film.
    Mind you, today's been a good day for the away teams - of course there will always be an exception and that's something that West Ham can usually be relied upon to provide.
    Ho hum. ;)
  • edited December 2022
    alderz said:

I’ve agreed to play board games instead of watch the football tonight and honestly I don’t mind my choice

A bit annoying when you still lose to the most annoying Spanish Ted Lasso wannabe at the table
  • edited December 2022
    Yesterday I broke the habit of a lifetime and had trout for dinner instead of turkey. Very nice it was too.

Today the festive football feast rolls around again. Sadly I suspect that it will be more of the usual. Look forward to a Yuletide stuffing.
  • edited December 2022
    Fabiański, Coufal, Dawson, Kehrer, Cresswell, Rice ©, Souček, Bowen, Paquetá, Benrahma, Antonio
    Subs: Areola (GK), Johnson, Ogbonna, Emerson, Coventry, Lanzini, Downes, Fornals, Mubama

So Cresswell and Antonio both fit to start, and it looks like our usual 4-2-3-1
  • For me it's a 10pm K.O....

I am working from 7.30am so will have to be up by 6.30am...

So I'm really undecided whether I should stay up, record it....or just not bother....

COYI whatever I decide....

There are some very iffy performances from the games going on right now...Leicester, Palace ( good, 2 red's as well ) & Southampton......Really hope we don't join that list.....

Similar for me. 10pm ko. I've got to catch a coach at 9 tomorrow morning, as the start of a 12 hour journey. I should probably have an early night but .. you know.. proper football. Coyi.
  • edited December 2022
    So, telly on in the background while I'm packing.

Are West Ham actually playing tonight?
  • We got away with one there, I could not see much offside about that
  • Anyone got a good stream?
  • Anyone got a good stream?

Yes. See streams thread!!
  • So, clear offside. So goal disallowed.

Comms say ' west ham needed a bit of fortune to avoid going a goal down '.
    How biased and rubbish can you be, as a professional commentator.
  • To be fair, there was nothing clear about that offside decision whatsoever, it may have been correct but IMO, it was a very sharp spot by the official indeed.
  • edited December 2022

To be fair, there was nothing clear about that offside decision whatsoever, it may have been correct but IMO, it was a very sharp spot by the official indeed.

Well, doing his job, and checked by the var as well.

But that's not the issue I was picking up on rather the idea that it was luck that meant the goal didn't count.

Particularly as the commentator had the benefit of the replay and the explanation of why it was offside.
  • Arsenal may have had the balance of play but I think we have held our own tonight and a positive run by Bowen resulted in a definite penalty which Bennie put away nicely

COYI
  • Bit of a scare on the stroke of half time where Oliver awards Arsenal a penalty, but a simple decision for VAR to suggest he has a second look given it hit Cresswell square on the forehead.

0-1 HT
  • Lucky for us ;-)
  • Bit of a scare on the stroke of half time where Oliver awards Arsenal a penalty, but a simple decision for VAR to suggest he has a second look given it hit Cresswell square on the forehead.

0-1 HT

Such a waste of time to ask the referee to look at it again. It’s so obvious that it’s not a penalty. Just overrule it and get on with the game.
  • MrsGrey said:

But that's not the issue I was picking up on rather the idea that it was luck that meant the goal didn't count.

I think there was an element of luck in that if it hadn't brushed Saka's heel on the way through to Nketiah, the goal woulda stood. However, in general I agree that commentators and pundits are way too biased and their opinions are far too influenced by which teams are playing. Sky 6 player goes down "there's contact, he's entitled to go down", other player goes down "he's gone down too easily for me".
  • Must admit I've had kittens when it's Saka v Cresswell; he's had him on toast a couple of times.
  • I’ve got Graeme Le Saux on comms. To be fair he did say that Just because Bowen tries to stay on his feet he shouldn’t be penalized and it’s definitely a penalty.
  • edited December 2022
    Arteta may have done a decent job with Arsenal but he really is a nasty piece of work,
  • What is Coufal doing?
  • Paqueta plays some lovely stuff but sometimes he’s just too casual.
  • edited December 2022

What is Coufal doing?

Agreed, someone needs to explain to him how the offside rule works
  • Poor by Fabianski for the second, he can't be getting beat at his near post there.