Other matches 5/11 🎇 onwards including midweek Rumbelows Cup

No 12:30 kick off today 😩

Comments

• A few 'local' teams appearing in this early FA Cup round. #cupset
  • Watching Forest Green versus South Shields and yet again Antonio is anonymous.😡
  • edited November 2022
    Rumbelows Cup? I thought Ham went back a little bit with his ECL thread during the week, but you've gone back in a Delorean with Rumbelows hahaha.
  • Could have been worse
    Could have been The Milk Cup
    🥛
  • edited November 2022
    Leeds, Bournemouth..
    What is this defence of which you speak?
  • City could have another sending off if Bernardo Silva doesn't stop with the sarcastic congratulations of the ref.
  • Aargh. Why does Haaland take his top off????
  • Haaland scores a 95th minute penalty, was a soft one imo, KDB threw himself to the floor when there's slight brush of his ankle.
  • I spent 4 points to get De Bruyne in place of Foden. so I'm thanking my lucky stars he did.

Tbh I don't think the ref has covered himself in glory throughout.
  • I like KDB but that was absolutely bought, naive defending to be sure but I would be furious
  • On one level I am not upset as I need City to keep winning to prevent Spurs or Arsenal winning the league, which would quite frankly be intolerable, but that was never a penalty. Youd need a forensic detective to find any fibres of KDB sock on that defender. VAR not doing its job.
  • Quite enjoyed the Leicester game, they played really well away to Everton, James Madison looked world class and could have had a hat trick.

Slight exaggeration maybe, but they made Everton look really poor to my untrained eye
  • chicagohammer, I think Leicester are just starting to run into some form leading up to playing us next weekend. :p
  • Of course they are
  • Haksabanovic scored twice for Celtic today. His first goals for them.
  • On one level I am not upset as I need City to keep winning to prevent Spurs or Arsenal winning the league, which would quite frankly be intolerable, but that was never a penalty. Youd need a forensic detective to find any fibres of KDB sock on that defender. VAR not doing its job.

There is zero chance Spurs win the league this season. I also think Arsenal have next to no chance. City will cruise it and I very much do not like this!
  • On MOTD they’re saying how clever De Bruyne was to win the penalty, but also saying Emmanuel Dennis dived, when there was WAY more contact on Dennis. It riles me up!
  • Alderz you are 100% correct it makes me angry how they fawn over these players for quite frankly cheating.
  • edited November 2022
    alderz said:

On MOTD they’re saying how clever De Bruyne was to win the penalty, but also saying Emmanuel Dennis dived, when there was WAY more contact on Dennis. It riles me up!

It's been a bugbear of mine for ages, pundits calling things depending on who the players involved are. If it's Kane, Salah, or in this case KDB it's "There's contact, he's entitled to go down" (I so hate it when they say that) whereas if it's someone at a lowly club it's "There's not enough in it for me" or "He's gone down too easily".

This narrative just re-enforces the bias refs show to the Sky 6.
  • For me, it'll never sit well whoever it is. When I played perhaps I was too naïve. When in that position, you'd literally have to knock me over to try and stop me going through to goal/shooting
  • Bazshuayi said:

For me, it'll never sit well whoever it is. When I played perhaps I was too naïve. When in that position, you'd literally have to knock me over to try and stop me going through to goal/shooting

For sure, the idea should be "Can I stay on my feet?" not "Can I go down?", hence my dislike of "Entitled to go down". You should only go down if you can't, despite trying, stay on your feet. In general players go down way too easily; yesterday you could almost see KDB realising that there'd been a slight contact and so deciding he had to go down, and then basically throwing his feet backwards and diving forward. If his life depended on it (or if it was elsewhere on the field even), he stays on his feet.
  • Bazshuayi said:

For me, it'll never sit well whoever it is. When I played perhaps I was too naïve. When in that position, you'd literally have to knock me over to try and stop me going through to goal/shooting

That’s another thing that annoyed me, actually. The Wissa one was 100% a foul, for me. He’s running at full speed, Henderson makes no attempt to play the ball, and however slight the contact was, it completely threw Wissa off balance. Sure, the contact itself isn’t enough to knock him over, but the fact he had to twist and leap out of the way is what caused him not to score. Blatant penalty for me, the ref / VAR did a good job with that one, but the pundits are spitting feathers about it!
  • KTBFFH
    We 8️⃣ Arsenal
  • I need to know how often Potter has been ‘instructed’ to have his hair cut.
    Is it in his contract 🧐
  • Arsenal look so much better than Chelsea, but not a lot of quality in the final 3rd from either team outside 1 or 2 chances
  • I had to laugh when the commentator said that Chelsea are making an attacking change, should have said Chelsea are looking to attack for a change.

And as I type this, Arsenal get one straight from a corner,
  • Gabriel nicks a goal off of Saka, adding a touch from 6 inches out on a ball going straight in from a corner.
  • Arsenal really scould have scored a second.
  • What happened to players leaving the pitch at the nearest point? I saw it enforced once, in a European fixture I'm pretty sure, but generally it's been completely ignored this season.
  • Broja would have fitted in well with us, he's always offside hahaha