WOLVES (H) OCT 1ST

Comments

• Ashby starts for the u21s today 👍
  • Does he start Scamacca or Cornet and try and change it ?
  • Ashby starts for the u21s today 👍

Unfortunately they lost 1-0 at home to Palace.
  • I think they’re having a worse time than the first team.
  • Fabiański, Kehrer, Dawson, Zouma, Cresswell, Rice ©, Souček, Bowen, Lucas Paquetá, Cornet, Scamacca
    Subs: Areola (GK), Ogbonna, Coufal, Emerson, Fornals, Downes, Lanzini, Benrahma, Antonio
  • Kehrer at right back, Dawson back in the side, Scamacca starting. Pretty happy, but what does Benrahma need to do to get a start in this side?
  • I'm pretty happy except for Soucek. Just doesn't deserve to start for me.
  • alderz said:

Kehrer at right back, Dawson back in the side, Scamacca starting. Pretty happy, but what does Benrahma need to do to get a start in this side?

Yeah, you were very nearly spot on. I agree about Benrahma, and, although I wouldn't have minded Paqueta starting alongside Rice I'm not quite as anti-Soucek as some here seem to be.
  • Happy with that starting lineup.
  • good team other than Bowen and Soucek, neither really deserve to be starting on current form
  • Bowen has to start in my opinion, needs to play himself back into form.
  • Gotta feel for Benrahma

Just feel sad when I see soucek, the guy needs saving he's getting so much hate and he needs a bit of time out of the side and a few cameos off the bench to gain some confidence

Guy pays like we have 10 men at the moment
  • Soucek hat trick from three Bowen corners
  • Gotta feel for Benrahma

Just feel sad when I see soucek, the guy needs saving he's getting so much hate and he needs a bit of time out of the side and a few cameos off the bench to gain some confidence

Guy pays like we have 10 men at the moment

Completely disagree, he is still doing a lot of what he's in the team for, against Everton he made loads of defensive headers, tackles, hassles etc that he's always done. True, his passing hasn't been great and he's given the ball away a few times when he shouldn't have, but if we're honest he's not in the team for his passing.

Definitely unfair to say we're playing with 10 men imo.
  • I personally think the only reason he’s in the side is that Moyes thinks he’s more likely to sniff out a goal than a lot of our other players. For me, we need players who are better on the ball if we’re going to break down sides that don’t let us counter attack, and Soucek isn’t that.
  • I’m hoping it’s a flat 4-3-3 not 4-2-3-1
  • I'm going 3-1 Scamacca, Paqueta and Bowen. I'm not confident though hahaha
  • Lots of players need to step it up today. Soucek, Bowen and Paqueta in particular need a performance this afternoon.

Nervy game for both teams I'd say; both have underperformed this season and both will see the game as an opportunity to get their season going.

Don't think it'll be at all pretty, and I don't think there'll be much in it. 2-1 either way.
  • We need to get players close to Scamacca. Bowen and Cornet will hopefully play a bit more narrow and support him more than we've seen so far this season.
  • For the last two seasons I’ve been really up for games and couldn’t wait for kick off. This season I’m apprehensive again and dreading we go behind because I’m not confident we can recover let alone go on to win.
  • Already giving them chances.
  • Only five minutes in, but we're quite passive again. No real urgency in the press and we haven't got any passes going.

Soucek, man. Cannot pass the ball at all.
  • Lukerz said:

I’m hoping it’s a flat 4-3-3 not 4-2-3-1

It's clearly 4-2-3-1. Bowen and Cornet yet to get anywhere near Scamacca. Slow, nervous start.
  • I like Kehrer at right back already
  • Soucek is just terrible passer of the ball
  • I also think Max Kilman is really good. He should get England caps soon, IMO.
  • As soon as we up the tempo we look good. Rice driving a pass into the forwards leading to Neves getting booked. We need to keep the high tempo up, IMO.