WOLVES (H) OCT 1ST

Comments

• Lage says Neves will play in midfield; "we cannot play him as a centre-back because we need him in his position". So who replaces Nathan Collins?

Neves is on 4 yellows already
  • Best guess

Sa
    Jonny Kilman Toti Ait-Nouri
    Nunes Neves Moutinho
    Neto Podence Guedes

With Costa coming on in the second half

1-0, Soucek scores again to confound his detractors
  • First Saturday game for yonks and they put the kick off at 5.30.
    Boo!
  • First Saturday game since Chelsea (A), 4 weeks ago and 5:30pm ko (Sky Sports) was announced in July

Sadly I won't be able to watch it down the pub as I start work at 11pm (no drinking 8 hours before a shift, 7 units maximum in the previous 24 hours)
  • You could still go to the pub, just not drink.

Just a thought 🤔 :-)
  • You can't do that, that's like going to restaurant and having nothing to eat.
  • Leytonstone crew room

You can't do that, that's like going to restaurant and having nothing to eat.

But worse. 😱
  • Sitting in a pub not drinking

I think that was the 6th circle of Hell in Dante's Inferno
  • Worse than that ASLEF. Your beer would have evaporated at the 2nd or 3rd circle.
  • MrsGrey said:

You could still go to the pub, just not drink.

Just a thought 🤔 :-)

This is the kind of situation that causes computers to crash.
  • One or two reports saying Ben Johnson is near a return.Perhaps on the bench for this one
  • Rumours starting to pick up Moyes will be under pressure if we suffering disappointing results in the next two home games. Not sure it makes sense to sack him after £180m spent and the last two years.
  • You mean, by rumours starting to pick up, that lots of people who don't know very much are retweeting and amplifying each others opinions and speculation.
  • #IceCold 🥶😜
  • Don't think its an outlandish statement though

Next two home games are against Wolves and Fulham (two teams we shouod be beating lets be honest), if we can't beat either of those we'd be sitting at 6 points after 9 games or even 4 if we lost.....that's with games against Liverpool and United coming up soon

If that happens then surely he is going to be under serious pressure which imo, would be justified

Just gotta pick up 4 or 6 points in these next two games to get our season off the ground
  • MrsGrey said:

You mean, by rumours starting to pick up, that lots of people who don't know very much are retweeting and amplifying each others opinions and speculation.

Yeah. I mean I don’t personally think he’ll go, but let’s not kid ourselves 3 goals in 7 games & 0 first half goals this season is dreadful.
  • Next two home games are against Wolves and Fulham (two teams we shouod be beating lets be honest)

Don't underestimate Wolves

They finished just 5pts behind us last season and the only teams that conceded fewer goals were City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs. We beat them 1-0 at home (Soucek) but they beat us 1-0 at Molineaux.

Admittedly they allowed three CBs to leave - Coady, Saiss, Boly - with only Collins coming in as a replacement who will be suspended, and like us they've only scored 3 goals this season but they aren't going to be a pushover

Plus they'll probably have Diego Costa on the bench
  • There have been a few comparisons, on recent performances, between West Ham under Moyes and England under Southgate; extreme loyalty to players that aren't playing well and a team that appears to be underperforming. We saw, for 12 minutes in the second half, what England were capable of against Germany, so hopefully Moyes was watching and it strikes home and we somehow manage to take the handbrake off from this game onwards.

3 goals in 7 matches is a dreadful return, even if we'd scored the missed penalty and a couple of the woodwork strikes had gone in we'd still be averaging less than a goal a game.
  • Scam the man 🔫 needs to start
    But sadly I think Antonio will 😫
  • edited September 2022
    Moyes press conference

“most of the players look like they’ve returned from international duty ok"

"Ben Johnson has had a week-and-a-half of training so he’s getting close to fitness as well"

“We’ve got Aguerd doing a bit on the grass" (childish but I always giggle)

“Scamacca played against Aston Villa and people forget he's had a really bad virus since. We think a lot of him, he’s coming on well and as long as we stays fit and healthy you’ll see a lot more of him.”

Lage press conference

Hwang Hee-chan unavailable after picking up an injury with South Korea

On Collins replacement Lage mentioned that both Toti and Mosquera haven't had much playing time but added "We also have some players that can play in that position. Jonny can also play there."

In which case

Sa
    Semedo Kilman Jonny Ait-Nouri
    Nunes Neves Moutinho
    Neto Podence Guedes
  • No Rice in the training video.
  • Hamstew said:

No Rice in the training video.

Hopefully just getting a day off after playing more than the rest over the international break.
  • edited September 2022
    No mention of Ashby, and I don't think he's been playing for the u21s either, has he? Hopefully he's on the bench for this one.
  • Hamstew said:

No Rice in the training video.

He was in the pictures
  • No mention of Ashby, and I don't think he's been playing for the u21s either, has he? Hopefully he's on the bench for this one.

U21s haven't played for two weeks, they play Palace U21s tomorrow.

Ashby seems to have disappeared since his deadline day move to Newcastle didn't go through
  • Moyes has said he's been struggling with a groin injury.

That was before the international break, but couldn't see him in the training footage from earlier so I assume he's still out.
  • edited September 2022

No mention of Ashby, and I don't think he's been playing for the u21s either, has he? Hopefully he's on the bench for this one.

U21s haven't played for two weeks, they play Palace U21s tomorrow.

Ashby seems to have disappeared since his deadline day move to Newcastle didn't go through
    Yeah, that's my concern. I think it was suggested (or even reported) that he had an injury, but nothing is being mentioned about him in injury reports now so I really hope he features in one of tomorrow's games.
  • Mostly when clubs do injury updates it's for the players who are usually first team regulars.