Other matches Saturday 3rd - Sunday 4th September

Everton v Liverpool

6 shots each, 1 on target each.

So far this season Everton average 8.8 fouls per game, Liverpool 7.6
Everton already up to 7 with Onana on a yellow, Liverpool 5

Sounds like a proper Merseyside derby

Comments

• Anyone see Celtic’s fourth goal v Rangers? Sunday morning park goalkeeping springs to mind. 😃
  • Liverpool held by Everton, 0-0, another 2 points dropped 😊😊😊
  • Conte playing Richarlson, Son and Kane together with Kulusevski dropping to the bench

Come on, Fulham! (Diop on the bench again)
  • Liverpool held by Everton, 0-0, another 2 points dropped 😊😊😊

I object to this comment and I object to this result ;)
  • edited September 2022
    Bazshuayi said:

Liverpool held by Everton, 0-0, another 2 points dropped 😊😊😊

Objections over-ruled, apart from referee bias in their favour on Wednesday, Liverpool are giving me more to smile about than West Ham so far this season 😂🤣😂
  • Bazshuayi said:

Liverpool held by Everton, 0-0, another 2 points dropped 😊😊😊

I sincerely hope that you have so many more objections to come 😜
  • Leyton Orient are top of League Two with 19pts after 7 games

There will be happy Os down the pub tomorrow
  • Newcastle had just as bad a VAR call as we did. How bad is the efficiency of refs going to get?
  • edited September 2022

Newcastle had just as bad a VAR call as we did. How bad is the efficiency of refs going to get?

Its going to get worse while the FA struggles to recruit new referees. They get so much abuse at all levels that unsurprisingly fewer people want to be referees and so the quality of those available is falling

Blame the moronic parents who abuse the refs at kids matches

Watching MotD, not only did Kouyate scores for Forest but the ref looked at VAR and didn't change his mind. Fredericks came on for Bournemouth at half time and old boy Gary O'Neil looking good as caretaker manager
  • edited September 2022
    ASLEF, Not that I am disagreeing with you but the problem is the “top” officials can carry on making a horlicks of decisions as they know there isn’t anyone to take their place due to the lack of decent options. 3 incidents spring to mind which affected Leeds, Newcastle & us, are all six officials involved going to be stood down next weekend? Was Antony Taylor after the hair pulling in the Chelsea Spurs match, no because they can’t do it. Any actions taken against these referees should be made known to show their boss is actually recognising there are errors being made.
  • Howard Webb is taking over as head of referees but not until the end of the year so I’m not sure there’s any accountability at the moment.
    The VAR at our game was an inexperienced ref who’d only been on the PL list a couple of years.
    VAR was an absolute disaster yesterday whenever it was used. Newcastle’s was equally as bad as ours.
    At our game if VAR had overturned Antonio’s goal I could have kind of understood it as generally in a melee involving the keeper they usually rule with him but the Cornet one the ball was so far away from Mendy that he couldn’t have possibly have got to it if he’d still been on his feet.
  • It also doesn't help when Viera comes out says that it was a foul on the keeper. Now either he hasn't seen the incident with all the camera angles or is he's an out and out liar.
  • The correct decision should have been that the goal was valid and Mendy yellow carded for simulation.
    Also both referees (on-field and VAR) should be stood down from EPL games and demoted to Champo games or lower for at least a month.
  • It also doesn't help when Viera comes out says that it was a foul on the keeper. Now either he hasn't seen the incident with all the camera angles or is he's an out and out liar.

Must admit that I didn't think the Newcastle VAR decision was anywhere near our one. It reminded me of Carroll and De Gea which I thought was a foul.
  • IronHerb said:

It also doesn't help when Viera comes out says that it was a foul on the keeper. Now either he hasn't seen the incident with all the camera angles or is he's an out and out liar.

Must admit that I didn't think the Newcastle VAR decision was anywhere near our one. It reminded me of Carroll and De Gea which I thought was a foul.
    I actually think the Newcastle one was worse than ours. Both horrendous, but the shove from Mitchell on Willock(?) was the only reason he doesn’t head it into the net himself, and the only reason he collides with the keeper.
  • I known its only early season, but I'd be very worried if I was a Leicester fan at the moment

Struggling to keep out goals, zero investment, sold some key players

They have individual quality in the team no doubt but it looks very off at the moment
  • edited September 2022
    Plus this from Fab Rom making then even weaker, thought they would do ok once they had all their players fit

,Çağlar Söyüncü has been left out of Leicester squad to face Brighton at Amex. Galatasaray, keen on signing the centre back. 🚨🔵 #Galatasaray #LCFC

Talks will continue next week in order to reach an agreement.’
  • Leicester look so bad atm
  • Kudos to Brighton, let players go still doing well
  • I see one of Wolves new signings did his ACL yesterday on his debut.
  • Also I think what the Palace defender did to Willock was very dangerous. Shoving him into the keeper at speed could have very easily caused a clash of heads.
  • Less than 15 minutes and VAR in play again.
  • Fernandez - could he be any more moany.
  • edited September 2022
    Arsenal can't argue about that, a clear foul on Eriksen.
  • Oh but they will
  • I wonder if Ronaldo will look to terminate his contract 🤔
  • Ravel49 said:

Oh but they will

Good.
  • MrsGrey said:

Fernandez - could he be any more moany.

Almost certainly yes as he doesn’t know when to stop. He would complain just for the sake of it. Big fan of his & McTominay. 😉