Other matches Saturday 3rd - Sunday 4th September

2»

Comments

• IMO Arsenal's goal should not have been disallowed , Jimmy Floyd H. called it dead right. Refs have been instructed to let those sort of (soft foul) challenges go, the ref had a good view of it and let it go. Not a clear and obvious error no need for VAR. I really hoped Tierney would stick to his decision but it was Man U at OT so no chance.
  • I really hoped Tierney would stick to his decision but it was Man U at OT so no chance.

The OT crowd are obviously used to his favourable decisions, they were singing (Harry Kane, Spurs-style)

"He's one of our own, he's one of our own, Paul Tierney, he's one of our own"
  • Hate both sides,wished they could both have lost
  • Ten Haag is doing something right
  • Ten Haag is doing something right

I don’t like it!
  • He wins games, thats what...

• Dropped Ronaldo. Simple.
  • Dropping Maguire and Shaw probably weren't the worst decisions either. The new LB has improved them, probably Varane/Martinez too
  • I watched about 15 minutes, then gave up. Two teams I dislike, couldn't be bothered.
  • Another goal for Nikola Vlašić 💪🏿
  • Vlasic being played as the 1 in a 3-4-1-2

Obviously he didn't play his best last season because we didn't have enough strikers...
  • Given the players he now has available, maybe Moyes needs to alter his tactics/formation.
  • Given the players he now has available, maybe Moyes needs to alter his tactics/formation.

Scamacca gives Moyes the option of having an actual striker to replace Antonio if he gets injured but otherwise the make up of the team is pretty much the same as last season

Last season we had

4 CB (Dawson, Diop, Ogbonna, Zouma)
    5 FBs (Coufal, Cresswell, Fredericks, Johnson, Masuaku)
    4 CMs (Kral, Noble, Rice, Soucek)
    6 AMs (Benrahma, Bowen, Fornals, Lanzini, Vlasic, Yamolenko)
    1 CF (Antonio)

This season we have

5 CBs (Aguerd, Dawson, Kehrer, Ogbonna, Zouma)
    4 FBs (Coufal, Cresswell, Emerson, Johnson)
    4 CMs (Coventry, Downes, Rice, Soucek)
    6 AMs (Benrahma, Bowen, Cornet, Fornals, Lanzini, Paqueta)
    2 CFs (Antonio, Scamacca)

I'd say its even more likely Moyes will stick with 4-2-3-1