The new season fixtures are coming

Thursday 16th June, 09:00 all will be revealed.

Who do we want / don't want first game of the season or last game

Comments

• Newcastle for the third season in a row? Anybody as long as its not one of the Big 6
  • Bournemouth please
  • No top six, no promoted teams please. I think Southampton at home is the perfect fixture.
  • Man City at home ,Sure they wii be jet laged =)
  • Man City or Liverpool over Xmas. Their internationals should be tired after the World Cup? 😜
  • According to a supposed leak on the Premier league’s twitter Man City have Bournemouth first up. Tweet has now been deleted.
  • edited June 2022
    Giant, This is the first version of the fixtures being leaked which according to the report itself have found to be doubtful. =)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10910525/Premier-League-2022-23-fixtures-leaked-online-three-days-official-release.html
  • These ‘leaks’ happen every season and never end up being right
  • Forest at home please. I see them as favourites to go down.
  • IronHerb said:

Forest at home please. I see them as favourites to go down.

I never like playing a promoted team early. I'd rather play them once they wind has been knocked out of their sails.
  • Five of their usual starting eleven were loanees.
    Djed Spence, James Garner, Keinan Davis, Philip Zinckernagel and Max Lowe who between them made 189 appearances last season. They may keep a couple but Spence and Zinckernagel are unlikely to be there.
  • edited June 2022
    Spence has signed for ... someone. Spurs? can't remember now.

Edit: Oh no, was only a rumour.

;yercoat
  • He will go to a Prem team.
  • Ironherb mentioned James Garner, Jeeze he's aged well. I remember him in the Rockford files
  • I remember him in Maverick. 😱
  • The Sun are showing their version of the first 8 games of the “leaked” fixtures. According to that we kick off home to Fulham
  • That's the same as the Mail Online.
  • The leaks happen every year & they’re never right.
  • edited June 2022
    Last year someone ( I'm thinking alderz?) posted a list of our first match opponents for the past few seasons. Any chance of whoever it was reposting it, please, if you still have it?

Edit - I found last season's equivalent thread and the info isn't there. So I must have imagined it...
  • MrsGrey said:

Last year someone ( I'm thinking alderz?) posted a list of our first match opponents for the past few seasons. Any chance of whoever it was reposting it, please, if you still have it?

Edit - I found last season's equivalent thread and the info isn't there. So I must have imagined it...

I have that on my laptop. I’m just making coffee then I’ll post it.
  • You take your time. 😂
  • (I wasn't actually making coffee when I said I was, I was in bed. But I now have coffee)

Ok, so working backwards

Newcastle away
    Newcastle home
    Man City home
    Liverpool away
    Man Utd away
    Chelsea away
    Arsenal away
    Spurs home
    Cardiff Home
    Villa home

That's our opening day fixtures since we got promoted.
  • Yep I'm hearing Man City again
  • Of course it's City
  • First round of fixtures are on BBC, so it looks like Herb's list is right.
  • On a Sunday, 16:30 ................. televised games already sorted ???
  • Easy. Top of the league at the end of August.
  • A six pointer to start the season =)
  • And for the fourth season in a row Liverpool get a newly promoted team first up.

Genuine question, are fixtures randomly generated anymore? I see we're away on Boxing Day again, and none of the Super League Six play each other first up again.