The new season fixtures are coming

2»

Comments

• Nasty openers City at home followed by Forests first home game in the PL for 23 years,
  • edited June 2022
    It's actually a pretty good set of fixtures for us. There's no absolute nightmare run in there, and it's pretty evenly spread.

This is a pretty quick calculation of fixture difficulty, but you can see that there's no insanely difficult run.

The maths is final position from last year (i.e. 20 for Man City, 19 for Liverpool, etc) multiplied by either 0.75 for a home fixture, or 1.25 for an away fixture. For Man City at home has a difficulty score of 15, and Man City away is 25.
  • Haaland injures himself scoring an own goal on his debut handing West Ham a famous rear guard victory... It could happen
  • alderz said:

(I wasn't actually making coffee when I said I was, I was in bed. But I now have coffee)

Ok, so working backwards

Newcastle away
    Newcastle home
    Man City home
    Liverpool away
    Man Utd away
    Chelsea away
    Arsenal away
    Spurs home
    Cardiff Home
    Villa home

That's our opening day fixtures since we got promoted.

You are a star.
  • Hamstew said:

Yep I'm hearing Man City again

Again?
  • And for the fourth season in a row Liverpool get a newly promoted team first up.

Genuine question, are fixtures randomly generated anymore? I see we're away on Boxing Day again, and none of the Super League Six play each other first up again.

They've never been randomly generated, I don't think. There are all those factors like teams close together can't have home fixtures on the same day, police resources etc ( like big local events or festivals), trying to minimise fan travel on boxing Day ...
  • MrsGrey said:

They've never been randomly generated, I don't think. There are all those factors like teams close together can't have home fixtures on the same day, police resources etc ( like big local events or festivals), trying to minimise fan travel on boxing Day ...

Yes, but there's fairly generated, and unfairly generated even if some other factors have to be considered rather than just completely random.
  • MrsGrey said:

Hamstew said:

Yep I'm hearing Man City again

Again?
    Yes I heard it more than once
  • I think that's a pretty decent fixture list for us. All we have to do now is turn up.

COYI
  • Rather get city out the way before they are up and running

They lost to spurs last year 1-0 opening day, lost their 2nd game 5-2 against Leicester in 20/21 season...but yea they battered us once 5-0 opening day if I'm correct

Good opening 4 games though
  • Although Alderz's brilliant graph suggests an event spread it looks like we have our tougher run in the last 6 games. Here's hoping for another strong first half to the season.
  • Rather get city out the way before ethereal up and running

They lost to spurs last year 1-0 opening day, lost their 2nd game 5-2 against Leicester in 20/21 season...but yea they battered us once 5-0 opening day if I'm correct

Good opening 4 games though

Haaland's first game. And it's on Sky. He's all they're going to talk about.

Until he's pocketed by Craig Dawson, obvs.
  • Horrendous first 6, only easier games are Forest (their first home game) & Brighton (who we never beat).
  • You forgot Villa who never beat us, well not in the last eight games 5W, 3D and Chelsea 4W, 2D, 4L in the last ten games.

Points to be won everywhere.
  • Lukerz said:

Horrendous first 6, only easier games are Forest (their first home game) & Brighton (who we never beat).

Can't say I didn't expect a low return!