Other matches 21st & 22nd May

This afternoon's entertainment is a choice between the League One Playoff final and the Scottish FA Cup final

Five years ago Sunderland were relegated from the Prem with Moyes at the helm while Wycombe Wanderers won the League One playoff final two years ago to reach the Championship for the first time.

this season Sunderland won 3-1 at home and drew 3-3 away so there should be goals aplenty,

North of the border its Rangers v Hearts but unfortunately Rangers haven't lost to Hearts this season; 1-1, 2-0, 5-0 and 3-1

Also likely to be goals aplenty but maybe a bit one sided

Comments

• Play Off Finals in the National League North & South to keep an eye on.
  • Watching Sunderland, really impressive performance from the Mackems in the first half, dominating the game and deserved leaders at half time

H’a way the lads
  • My wife is decked out in Sunderland colors and I have my Red n White Hornchurch FA trophy Wembley shirt on :-)
  • edited May 2022
    Giovanni van Bronckhorst looks like he's popped in to manage Rangers after going to a wedding
  • Wycombes left back Jacobsen looks a decent player, really sweet left foot
  • 2-0 to Sunderland, London is going to be a crazy place tonight, There may be nothing left by morning
  • Sunderland worthy winners, they played some really good stuff and I fully expect them to do well next year,
  • Fleet go 2-1 up in the 91st minute then concede in the 96th minute ...

I understand he is the player that broke Kieron Dyers leg.

I understand he is the player that broke Kieron Dyers leg.
    Correct, but after initially accusing Jacobsen of malicious conduct, Curbs felt the need to send him a written apology after reviewing the tackle for himself, so …………..

• 2-0 to Sunderland, London is going to be a crazy place tonight, There may be nothing left by morning

Macken bring it all back!
  • edited May 2022
    As an aging man, I dont ask for much.
    Man Utd to carry on not winning without Ronaldo. Oh, and three other results to go the right way....

Man Utd draw/Lose
    West Ham Win
    Wolves Lose
    Villa Draw (I will accept Villa Win too)

• A pre Liverpool learning how to fistpump the crowd (above) and perfecting it...

https://images.app.goo.gl/vz2Q7gWoKKrdKDFK8

Gotta attempt to balance the wave of City support, no? Someone's got to be the pantomime bad guy and I'll be happy to take the flak when City win and I'm disappointed
  • Funny but I never spotted him doing that at the London Stadium this season. 😏
  • edited May 2022

My wife is decked out in Sunderland colors and I have my Red n White Hornchurch FA trophy Wembley shirt on :-)

My Mackem son in law and my daughter arranged to spend this weekend in the Cotswolds with friends. Sunderland qualified for the final and he managed to obtain a ticket for Wembley. What to do? Simple. They travelled to the Cotswolds on Friday and he got a train back for the match on Saturday morning with the promise he would get a train back after the game. Not yet had the last part of the plan confirmed as achieved. I think he owes big time but he'll see it worth the sacrifice.
  • I personally still don’t care if Liverpool or City win the league. The only results I care about today are the ones affecting us. If we were done for the season then I’d maybe be interested in the others, but I really couldn’t care less about who wins the league, who finishes fourth, and who goes down.

The SixthPlaceRace™️ is all that matters in this house.
  • Yes of course thats the case. I'd be ecstatic if we got back into the Europa. Not just for the competition itself but for the potential draw for players who could see we were on an upward curve and come to us. Being an attractive club who are ambitious or seen to be ambitious is the bigger picture. Something that could see us fight at the top table and be annual contenders for things and this obviously takes time unless you.re mega rich.

I don't particularly care who goes down (now Everton are safe) and Liverpool, put into perspective, is just a happy cherry on top scenario and most unlikely to come to fruition
  • IronHerb said:

My wife is decked out in Sunderland colors and I have my Red n White Hornchurch FA trophy Wembley shirt on :-)

My Mackem son in law and my daughter arranged to spend this weekend in the Cotswolds with friends. Sunderland qualified for the final and he managed to obtain a ticket for Wembley. What to do? Simple. They travelled to the Cotswolds on Friday and he got a train back for the match on Saturday morning with the promise he would get a train back after the game. Not yet had the last part of the plan confirmed as achieved. I think he owes big time but he'll see it worth the sacrifice.
    Has he shown up yet :-)

• Bazshuayi said:

Yes of course thats the case. I'd be ecstatic if we got back into the Europa. Not just for the competition itself but for the humor involved in sending Man U into the conference competition

Fixed it for you :-)
  • Saw the local Rangers fan down the pub earlier, I congratulated him on winning against Hearts but he said they lost to the Germans on penalties in midweek.

I told him as an England fan we were used to losing to the Germans on penalties...

Wolves score at Anfield. LOL
  • edited May 2022
    Villa are beating Citeh - who knew
  • What is going on

City bottling it like the champions league

Makes me feel a bit sick thinking Liverpool could win the league
  • Coady remember where you're from and OG!!! Villa dont concede, Palace dont concede and Brighton dont score!

#Job done
  • City falling apart
  • City piecing themselves back together
  • I was just going to say that hahaha
  • All sorts going on.
  • At least when we conceded 2 quick goals we had the decency not to let in a third! Its all gone damp squib though with Brightons second goal

#sad face
  • Thank god Liverpool didn't win it they would've been unbeatable

City do make hard work of it