NUFC taken over by group that has absolutely nothing to do with the Saudi state, honest, guv.

13»

Comments

• If you wore it at a fancy dress party you’d be criticised and maybe even arrested for cultural misappropriation but it appears anything goes if it’s football related. I know Newcs fans won’t be offended but non football Saudi’s may be
  • Interesting comment, thorn.

My take on what you said ...

1. Many Newcs fans might be offended... why would you think they would all be OK with it?

2. Is there are crime of cultural misappropriation in the UK .. I think not, so nobody would be arrested. Were you referring to anther country?

3. Not everything goes if it's football related. There are laws ...

4. Even 'football Saudi's' may be offended.

5. And, probably, there are 'non-football Saudi's' who aren't offended.

#complicated #justfolks
  • edited May 2022
    Just to reiterate.... absolutely NOTHING to do with the Saudi state. Greg Norman assured me.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/may/13/newcastle-kit-sharing-saudi-arabia-colours-sportswashing-amnesty

• You're being too cynical MrsGrey, surely the choice of green is an environmental message that Newcastle are promoting and purely coincidental that they're the same colours as Saudi.
    It's obviously an encouragement that we should move away from fossil fuels .... oh, wait . ;)
  • Newcastle became one of my unfavourable teams when their owners came along.
  • yoyo said:

Newcastle became one of my unfavourable teams when their owners came along.

Anything else has never been an option in our house :-)