Europa Play Off Round (WHU v Astra Giurgiu - Away Leg, 18 August* EARLY KO 7.15 UK*)

Comments

• That is so annoying. I am properly peeved.
  • God knows what Collins was doing
  • I think Browne should have scored himself there. Unselfish, but pushed Antonio wide - not a very easy chance for him.
  • Playing the majority of the game with 10 men doesn't help
  • I've absolutely no idea what they've been doing for the last 7 weeks. We've had all the fighting talk from the likes of Nobes and Reid etc but shown little of it on the pitch.
    We seem half asleep for periods.
  • Hey Thorn ;wave
  • Any chance of an early full time whistle. I will be happy with an away goal.
    Note to self......when I want to make life difficult for myself, watch a replay of this match.
  • I'll be really gutted if this lot put us out again.
  • Nothing from these first two performances encourages me for the season ahead. Quite worrying tbh.

Hope we see some magic and intensity v Bournemouth.
  • not working hard enough..not enough desire..full stop. we don't look fit enough and the Astra players look to have better technique than us on a cow field of a pitch....worrying
  • Top six club. Challenge the big boys. New stadium.

What a joke. Not without 3 or 4 signings we won't.
  • Thank god that is over! The final 15 minutes or so were dreadful
  • The attitude in that game was two-bob.

Didn't think Slav would accept that.
  • I thought after Slavs comments after Chelsea we'd show a bit more but tonight was worse
  • We were pretty rubbish without Payet and Lanzini last year. Add Kouyate, Carroll/Sakho to those absent and it's no surprise we were rubbish today. Noble is a great captain and a very good midfielder, who seemed to thrive off playing with Payet - he is not a great midfielder. Oxford has many rough edges. Bla bla bla and all that.
  • Twist you carry on with your sarcastic comments but tell me what positives or enjoyment you got out of that.
  • Not sure what people want from a scratch team with two kids starting in it, one of whom was playing out of position.

Is this the best XI we could potentially put out when everyone is fit?

So relax.

We go back to the OS with a draw and an away goal.

Perfectly reasonable European result.
  • Positives.
    Youngsters looked OK.
    Byram left the field walking rather than on a stretcher
    Away goal
    We didn't lose

Negatives
    That was a rotten second half that should have been a doozy.
    Can we press pause and start the season in about 3 weeks after we can get our squad fit, sorted and recognising each other.
  • If we carry on playing like that we can forget the EL and finishing top 6 this season. They all seem to be still on the beach!
  • I can only comment on the last 25mins as that is when I eventually got a working stream ;doh
    Tbh I wish I hadn't ...
    While I accept it was never a regular starting 11 etc what I saw was sad...
    Guess it was not classified as a disaster as we drew and got the away goal. But that last 25 mins was hard to watch...onwards and upwards..
  • We got an away goal, we didn't lose. Yes, the team was nowhere close toour first team BUT why would Slav risk his best payers against a thuggish team on a pitch that looked like it had potatoes harvested from it in the afternoon.

Let's get back to our place, play them on a decent pitch and send them packing.
  • Can't believe the owners are patting themselves on the back over our business when they see the state of the squad 4 days into the season.
  • Munich ;thumbsup

• Lacklustre
    Bored
    40 watt
    Choke
    Two-bob
    Doozy

Has someone started up a new Random Words thread for this season?

• MotM? ;hmm

I don't think we'll award it.

Or maybe one of the Asta defenders?

Couldn't see anybody covered themselves in glory.
  • im with grey on this one of course it would have been nice to put it to bed but that lot are no mugs so will take the away goal and 1-1 and finish them off next week with pretty much the same team
  • But Munich at the moment Slav did not really have any other "best" players fit...
  • Twist you carry on with your sarcastic comments but tell me what positives or enjoyment you got out of that.

Not much. I thought Burke and Antonio played well. An away goal.
  • But the whole point of this window was to prepare a squad that could compete on four fronts, i.e. to have strength in depth.

Tonight showed that we're not there yet.