Europa Play Off Round (WHU v Astra Giurgiu - Away Leg, 18 August* EARLY KO 7.15 UK*)

Comments

• Want to see Tore play
    Was given a lot of stick for his performance against Chelsea but it's easy to forget that he only had 2 pre season games and then got an injury and was touch and go against Chelsea, I'm sure if a Ayew hadn't have gotten himself injured so early he wouldn't have featured at all

Randy
    Byram Burke Ogbonna Arthur
    Noble Obiang Oxford
    Antonio Fletcher Tore

If Arthur isn't eligible put byram at LB, Burke at RB, push Oxford into defence and put Samuelson in a AM position of a 4-2-3-1

Give Payet 45 mins off the bench
  • Please don't start Payet, this lot will be up for it and there are enough cloggers at this stage of the competition, bring him on if we're doing that badly
  • Great opportunity to use Antonio on the wing, get his confidence back and Tore to get some game minutes
  • We need our best team out, grab some away goals and possibly an away win then we can breathe a little easier and maybe give some key players a rest for the home game.
  • I think Payet will be saved for Sunday. I wouldn't start anyone who played the whole game on Monday

Randy
    Burke Ogbonna Nordveidt Byram
    Antonio Obiang Oxford Samuelson
    Fletcher Martinez
  • Only one new player since the last round can be registered and if they've already done it, it may have been Ayew. It could have been Masuaku and it will be now if they've not done it yet. Callieri won't be added to the squad.

Nope, we get to register a completely new squad.
    MrsGrey said:

Here are the rules from the UEFA handbook ;ok

List A has to be submitted by the following fixed deadlines:
    a. 22 June 2015 (24.00CET) for all matches in the first qualifying round;
    b. 10 July 2015 (24.00CET) for all matches in the second qualifying round;
    c. 24 July 2015 (24.00CET) for all matches in the third qualifying round;
    d. 10 August 2015 (24.00CET) for all matches in the play-offs;
    e. 1 September 2015 (24.00CET) for all further matches from the first match in
    the group stage up to and including the final.
    42.08 For the three qualifying rounds and the play-offs, a club may register a maximum of one new eligible player on List A after the above-mentioned deadlines, provided the quota of locally trained players is respected. Such registration must be completed by 24.00CET on the day before the relevant first-leg match and the club’s association must confirm in writing that the new player is eligible to play at domestic level at this time.
    Our squad had to be registered by August 10 and say we sign Messi after that deadline we could add him to the squad up until the day before the first leg (i.e. tomorrow). That is, provided we haven't added any other player during that time.

• Munich, I know that.

For the three qualifying rounds and the play-offs, a club may register a maximum of one new eligible player.

One new player, that's what I was getting at. We named a squad by the 10th, then we made three signings after that date. So we can add one player.

If we've already added the one player, it could have been Ayew or Masuaku. If we can still do it, we're not going to choose Callieri over Masuaku as we need a left back and we didn't spend £20m on him.
  • ;hmm Today's article on the OS confirming Calleri says he's in the squad.

Whether that just means he's travelling with the squad for team-bonding purposes rather than actually eligible to play, I don't know.
  • sling him in whats the worse that can happen ;hmm
  • steve

;nonono

This is West Ham for goodness sake!
  • Randolph
    Byram - Oxford - Ogbonna - Masuaku
    Obiang - Nordveit
    Antonio - Valencia - Tore
    Calleri
  • McHammer said:

I think Payet will be saved for Sunday. I wouldn't start anyone who played the whole game on Monday

Randy
    Burke Ogbonna Nordveidt Byram
    Antonio Obiang Oxford Samuelson
    Fletcher Martinez

What do you mean" played whole game"from I see we was lucky to get out our half,, for 65mins,, and all went missing some point.
    On good note: Antonio needs free role to show what he is best at.
  • Eski - The only player signed after August 10 is Calleri, Masuaku and Ayew were signed on the 8th so they could have been in the squad that was originally submitted.
  • Apologies then Munich. Sports Mole seems to think he's in the squad but that's probably just because of the picture of him travelling. I think it's poor the club didn't name the squad they submitted for the 10th (I did check the official site and they haven't).
  • edited August 2016
    The players don't seem worried, but surely the pilot's banking too steeply?

• edited August 2016
    From the OS
    The Argentine forward is available to face Astra Giurgiu in the Europa League on Thursday night
    whufc.com/News/Articles/2016/August/16-August/Joint-Chairman-Calleri-is-a-top-player
  • edited August 2016
    eski, I think you can check the squad lists posted on the Europa league's website.

(Edit - I've looked here http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2017/matches/round=2000791/match=2020447/prematch/player-lists/index.html and Calleri is listed, as is Ayew. Masuaki, not.
  • edited August 2016
    From the Europa League website

Adrian, Randolph, Speigel
    Reid, Kouyate, Collins, Ogbonna, Byram
    Nordviet, Feghouli, Valencia, Obiang, Noble, Tore, Payet
    Carroll, Ayew, Fletcher, Calleri, Antonio, Quina, Samuelson

Everyone else is on the B list

Musauku is ineligable because he played for Olympiakos in the CL qualifiers
  • Good spot on Masuaku, Aslef ;ok
  • Got an idea I read that Masuaku would be eligible if we got to the group stages, but could be wrong.
  • ;run

Masuaku will not be eligible to play in the UEFA Europa League Play-off round against Astra Giurgiu of Romania after featuring for Olympiacos in their Champions League third qualifying round defeat by Hapoel Be’er Sheva. He would be eligible to feature in the group stage if West Ham beat the Romanian champions.
    Read more at http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2016/August/8-August/Hammers-acquire-Arthur#Lpc1PzkBMSuKoRs0.99
  • So I wonder whether we'll see Byram at left back again ;hmm

Which could mean the right back berth needs to be filled...

Antonio and Byram

or

Byram and Ogbonna
  • Which I suppose means that Byram will play LB with either Antonio or Nordveit at RB. That list looks rather overstocked for forwards compared with midfielders, maybe we might play with two up front for a change.
  • We could Tomkins at RB....

Oh hang on.
  • I reckon Kouyate has the right attributes for RB but obviously would rather he was CM.
  • Can any of our wingers play left wing back?

Tore is left footed, don't think he's very defensive though

I just don't want to see Antonio at RB of a back 4

Randy
    Burke Collins Ogbonna Byram
    Noble Obiang Nordveit
    Antonio Fletcher Tore

Maybe Calleri up top if he's fit enough and I assume burke isn't on the list as he's u21

Or possibly

Randy
    Burke Collins Ogbonna byram
    Antonio Noble Obiang Tore
    Valencia Fletcher/Calleri
  • Burke has travelled, it looks like ;ok (A pic on the club twitter shows them arriving in Romania.)
  • Not sure of the exact squad available but would like to see:

........................Randy........................
    Byram........Burke.....Oxford.......Oggy
    ..............Obiang........Nordtveit...........
    Antonio............Samuelson.......Tore....
    .....................Fletcher.........................

I wish Bilic would stick to 4-2-3-1, I think it suits us. I think the bench should be pretty strong, but hopefully the regular first teamers won`t be required. ;scarf

If Antonio starts at right back I`ll be pretty miffed and may start a Bring Back Allardyce Twitterbook campaign. ;scarf