Tony Carr

124»

Comments

• Only if you see it as a gaff
  • edited July 2016
    In your opinion

Plenty from what I read saw it as a terrible PR mistake.....

Of course they could all be wrong and Tony Carr orchestrated this for his own financial benefit, 50 odd years we've had this money grabber among our ranks, the owners bent over backwards, Brady didn't mean this to happen the HR person got it wrong and it's all been one horrible misunderstanding.

;whistle
  • IronHerb said:

Only if you see it as a gaff

yep

I do.

Filed with the others.

;ok
  • No gaffe.

That concludes the votes for Greece.
  • Whenever an individual "retires" after so many years at any enterprise, It is only right that there should be a celebration of that service, when the enterprise is one such as WHU, whose lifeblood is in fact the fans, and the individual is someone like Tony Carr, surely the decent thing to do is to give him a send off in front of those fans.

There is little doubt that he would have received a roaring reception and it would have cost the club nothing.

IMO the financial details of his severance, including how the club has rewarded him in the past is of no consequence whatsoever and should not be in the public arena.

Those details should have remained strictly between Tony and the Club, however a rousing send off in front of the fans would have been totally in order.

Just saying
  • That would have been his Testimonial
  • IH - his testimonial was certainly a strong recognition of his services to the club but, in my opinion, that is still a very different occasion to a presentation that says goodbye.
  • Who's to say the board weren't going to organize a right royal send off at the end f the current contract when they heard Carr had rejected the offer, except the press caught it before? As an employer, if I wanted to offer an employee a reduced terms contract, I'd go to them before the current one ended, to see what he'd say. If he decided to leave at the end of the contract, I would consider a way of saying thanks at the end. But if it turned ugly in the press meantime, I'd probably reconsider.
  • I think SHF has a point here - they would have had to somehow publicise his exit from the club in some sort of a way once he rejected the new role, and I'm sure it wouldn't have taken the form of the statement they were hurriedly forced to put out.

Another thing, the club clearly has a lot to be grateful for to TC, but what about the Dave's thenselves? Strictly speaking, during their ownership he has cost a fair amount of money and delivered pretty much nothing. They have paid him well and given him a testimonial - to someone whose finest years reaped handsome benefits to the likes of Terence Brown but not them.

it's easy to shoot from the hip (like even I did) when you see the big headline, but on reflection I think the Dave's have been treated a little roughly here
  • baracks,

It's much more convenient to over-react based on tabloid speculation, though ;ok
  • or react how we want based on the available information at the time.

• Another thing, the club clearly has a lot to be grateful for to TC, but what about the Dave's thenselves? Strictly speaking, during their ownership he has cost a fair amount of money and delivered pretty much nothing. They have paid him well and given him a testimonial - to someone whose finest years reaped handsome benefits to the likes of Terence Brown but not them.

Carr brought through Tomkins who has just earned the Davids £10m and Reece Oxford who is valued at around £18m.

The information at the time was tabloid speculation, though, so it doesn't really dispute what I was saying.
  • Is a quote from the man himself, then figures confirmed by the owners son considered speculation?
  • baracks,

It's much more convenient to over-react based on tabloid speculation, though ;ok

Quotes from the man himself. Response by the owners son.

Speculation?
  • Snap ;run
  • edited July 2016
    It is ok for me and other users of this site to be cross with what we read and be unhappy with the club as a result.

We didn't over react at press made up'ness.

This.....

And not read into the click bait headline by the tabloid
  • It is ok for me and other users of this site to be cross with what we read and be unhappy with the club as a result.

We didn't over react at press made up'ness.

This again, have another agree
  • baracks,

Quotes from the man himself. Response by the owners son.

Speculation?
    One for you too