West Ham tattoo decision

I want to get a tattoo, however I can't decide what to get. Here are the 3 that I have found so far that I am considering. Which one is your favorite?

Do any of you have any West Ham tattoo's that you'd like to share or any other designs?

Number 1.
l

Comments

• I like 2 best
  • King,

Having recently got my first tattoo, and gone through the design and implementation process, I'd go for number 1 if you think that your artist could pull off the bubbles. If they can, then the badge being partially reflected in the bubbles would be a very nice and unusual touch. Also, the bubbles, being apart from the main bit (the badge) will give the piece some depth, rather than having the badge isolated as it were.

All that having been said, number 1 is, I believe, going to be far more expensive than the other two.
  • Thanks for the opinions folks ;ok

I agree Austin, number 1 will be more expensive due to the difficulty and detail.

I'm leaning towards #1, but will look for some more ideas first.

Thanks again.
  • Wouldn't mind getting a tattoo. A simple one though. Anyone where a good place to get one done in London?
  • I take it you are sticking with the classic badge as they are changing it next year . Thought about it myself but promised myself I would donate 50 pints of blood and i can't donate if i get a tattoo on 43 pints so maybe a couple of years
  • My West Ham tattoo is just a pair of crossed hammers on my shoulder. Simple, but effective.
  • I have the club crest on my lower leg, but before they changed the top of the castle turrets. Doh!! I also have a claret and blue Celtic band round my upper arm. Number 2 for me mate?
  • Dave ;ok That's the reason I didn't go with the castle. The irons will always be there.
  • I got one similar to no3 on my calf without the writing now 20yr old and faded. People all over the world recognise it though. I would go simple badge ? Without colour
    ;thumbsup
  • How about crossed hammers ala OCS and some bubbles ;biggrin
  • Get something you like, only one I regret is some weird tribal thing, looked ok at the time ;doh
  • Cottee said:

Get something you like, only one I regret is some weird tribal thing, looked ok at the time ;doh

Good advice from Cottee. I'd go further and say only get something you truly love and have not a single doubt about it. It took me five years, from deciding that I wanted to have a tattoo, to the day that I finally found something that I knew was *it*. Its worth the patience ;ok
  • I have a tattoo.

I found the one I wanted and waited a year.

I still liked it so I had it.
  • Suze ;ok Exactly the right approach. Care to reveal what your tattoo is?
  • Yep heed the advice.....

I have three.....the first one I was young....shouldn't of done it, the other two are very personal and quite unique.

Mull it over.....then mull it over some more, take your time and be sure..there's no rush.

My daughter had a £25 tattoo few years back...just cost her £1000 in laser treatments to get rid of it.

Oh by the way.....No.2 for me
  • I had this one done a few years ago....image
  • I apologise to anyone of a nervous disposition...
  • edited April 2016
    ;nonono It was a bit ;nolan ;sofa

Might need to adjust the thread title to contain a warning! ;lol
  • edited April 2016
    I'm looking to get one soon as well.
    Thinking of getting the simple 'irons'.

Like this (just not the background colours)

• KHA, 2 for me as well ;ok
  • No 2 looks great
  • I'm in no rush to get it done, been looking around for quite some time.

I too made a mistake when I was young so I would like to get it covered up... unfortunately I can't do a simple black/white as the other tattoo will show through.

I have also done my research in to artists close to me, I would have to wait 2-4 weeks just to get an appointment (good sign for a tattoo artist), so I have time to find the right one.

Feel free to post other designs.

Cheers ;ok
  • I'm looking to get one soon as well.
    Thinking of getting the simple 'irons'.

Like this (just not the background colours)

Got to be honest, my money would've been on you having a full back portrait of this

IMG_20150205_113226