New mobile theme

1235»

Comments

• One of them old bakerlite rotary dials

;whistle

;run

You know me so well ;lol
    Expat,

One just like this, bit of a pig to carry round and signal is poor.....hello Eastcote 2936.... ;wink
  • What you want to do when the edit button is up is scroll the edit option as if there were other options. Then press ok.
  • Ah I'll try that thanks Slaven ;ok
  • Luke, as mods we get different options and no time limit.
  • East post a new comment here, then click edit in the cog, than scroll down when the edit option comes up like you're selecting something imaginary below, then click the cross. It should allow you to edit.
  • Ok trying now.
  • No still the same all I get is a pop up menu and edit 6 minutes you can't scroll through this just get done option in blue, which when you click on takes me nowhere?
  • Eastcote

Unfortunately, I don't have access to an i-Phone, so I can't see what the issue is.

Hopefully Lukerz or another i-User can help you out.
  • edited February 2016
    Thanks for trying guys in the mean time I'll just have to be careful to check comments before I post. Hopefully it will resolve itself I think it could be specific to iPhone for some reason best known to Apple ;ok

Test
  • edited February 2016
    I have the same problem. Grey, it looks like this.

But when you select that option nothing happens
  • I get that too
  • While we try to work out what is going on, here is a bit of a work-around.

Each post has a unique id no.

If you click the time stamp in your post, you should see the number of the comment in the browser address bar.

For example

whu606.com/discussion/comment/788334/#Comment_788334

If you add that number to the end of this address:

http://www.whu606.com/post/editcomment/

like so

http://www.whu606.com/post/editcomment/788334

and click that link, or paste it into your browser, it will take you to the edit page (but only if you are the author, and still have edit time available.)

Far from ideal, I know, but possibly handy in an emergency.
  • Lukerz

Can you confirm you are on an i-Phone 6?

Could you post a screenshot of what your edit option looks like?
  • edited February 2016
    My edit looks the same.

I am on iPhone 5.

The way it worked is I scrolled/rolled the edit screen outcast is showing like scrolling on a mouse wheel, then when I pressed 'X', it allowed me to edit.

Sometimes I had to close it and reopen edit and try the scroll action again, but it worked.
  • If you simply open the cog and then press X, if does not work, you have to scroll the screen when the edit option is highlighted.
  • edited February 2016

But when you select that option nothing happens

Outcast that's exactly what I've been getting but it won't let me click on it to edit.

Ahh hah... If you click on the blue arrow pointing to left hey presto you can edit
  • If you roll your finger over the screen (as if there was another option below 'edit' to select), does the screen not wobble?
  • Brilliant!
    Outcast when you get to the screen you posted an image of click on the blue arrow and that takes you to post and you can edit.
    Problem solved ;clap
  • Well done, people!

Thanks for that, Lukerz ;ok

Have a ;beer, or possibly a ;champagne
  • edited February 2016
    Testing...

Yep I get it now. Thanks Luke and Eastcote.

Hopefully future updates for the theme will make it simpler.
  • Outcast

I think it is more how Apple OS and/or browsers handle the php code.

What you see is not what shows on an Android device, which works the same as the desktop version.

Barring massive changes to Vanilla code, I'm hoping to leave the mobile theme alone now!
  • edited February 2016
    I was having same issue on my iPhone .. Thx to all.. Will check now! Nice one!
  • jay,
    I'm glad that collectively we've managed to solve the issue and it's helped you too ;ok
  • When can I have a banana again tell me when! ;quaver
  • Eastcote ;ok