The twonk that is... Mark Lawrenson

Comments

• No Liverpool are going to win the league in Lawros world
  • In Lawro's world Liverpool win it every year - even the years they don't.
  • Ermmmmmmmmm
  • What's going on ...... He's predicted the correct score in our last 2 matches. And he didn't have us down to lose.
  • He's realisded......

We're not that poor team he thought we were.
  • But he is still a Twonk, as it has taken all this time realise that we are no longer
    cannon fodder, but now a very talented side that can't be overlooked by anyone.
  • A broken clock is right twice a day....

Just sayin'
  • Not if the hands have fallen off. ;lol
  • please all be referred to my previous insights on the matter a few pages ago ;cool
  • edited May 2016
    If Lawro's predictions were accurate:
    lawro

Still, what's 30 points between experts?

• Twonk predicts us to win but we're still in the relegation zone had his predictions been correct ;lol
  • But we'll draw level with Sunderland so it will be a massive 3 points.
  • Our goal difference isn't good either
  • Pearces

The =/- shows the difference n league placings.

Based on this:

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Mark_Lawrenson_Predictions_2015-16.html

our GD would be -23, a mere 40 goal difference.
  • He has a view of us that doesn't seem easy for him to shift even though it is wildly inaccurate.

I can understand him not having us as high as we are. I think most of us are pleasantly surprised by this season. I can't understand him having us as relegation fodder. Last season we were 12th with 47pts and GD -3.

Does holding a belief like that when the facts don't support it constitute a predjudice? I wonder what it is that makes him persist in it?
  • Dean - maybe it's because he is regularly called a twonk (and much much worse) on West Ham forums - and has for a good few years now. ;wink

Anyway - who cares? He is only a twonk after all ;biggrin
  • Ironmike - Good point, I would agree twonk is mild compared to some comments he gets from elsewhere.

The lack of extreme profanity and abusive language is one of ther things I love about this site.

For someone who holds himself to be an expert he does seem to have a blind spot where we are concerned.
  • With Lawro, it's a cumulative inability to get our games right, rather than a longer term issue imo.

As he has pointed out

a) he's only having a bit of fun
    b) he's only looking at how he thinks things will pan out one game week at a time, in order to beat his opponent.
  • Grey - although over the years he has inclined towards the negative when commenting on West Ham - when he was a regular on MOTD and in the various 'red top' columns he has invariably taken an anti WHU stance.

He was quick to join the 'kick them out' movement at 'Tevesgate' arguing we should have points deducted and be relegated instead of SU. He then acted like a spoiled school kid when interviewed after it didn't happen. Perhaps he still holds a grudge.

Or.........perhaps he is just a twonk. ;wink
  • edited May 2016
    While I've had a lot of fun deriding Lawro, and will continue to, more likely than not, when you look at his pattern of predictions for us over the whole season, it isn't as though he went kamikaze to put us to lose every game.

The red blocks are the biggest difference, where he had us to lose and we won, but if you actually looked at who we played in those games, for some of them we probably would have felt the same.

• ironmike

Never underestimate the power of Twonkdom... ;wink
  • edited May 2016
    Twonk ;hmm
    I would rather be a Twonk, then a a lawro
    Twonk!!!! He is not that good ;angry
  • There was an old scouser called Twonk,
    Who's hooter was red with the plonk,
    He don't like the Hammers,
    Ain't got no manners,
    Think I'll give him a poke on the conk.

Well it is a Shakespeare anniversary after all. ;fishslap
    ;fishslap
  • While I've had a lot of fun deriding Lawro, and will continue to, more likely than not, when you look at his pattern of predictions for us over the whole season, it isn't as though he went kamikaze to put us to lose every game.

The red blocks are the biggest difference, where he had us to lose and we won, but if you actually looked at who we played in those games, for some of them we probably would have felt the same.

grey where did you find that piece of stattery???
  • Swiss

It was hand rolled, with the info coming from this site:

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Mark_Lawrenson_Predictions_2015-16.html