The twonk that is... Mark Lawrenson

Comments

• ;hmm I don't know

;weep

Oh why won't he tell us what the answer is...
  • We aren't playing well, maybe, but we were good enough to beat Liverpool on Tuesday. Over to you Lawro! ;wink
  • It is truly becoming laughable, I was starting to believe that it is deliberate, but then I realized.

it is because he is a true Twonk
  • When was the last time Alaska hosted the olympics.
  • No point in emailing the BBC - I can see that it's difficult for the Twonk now and statistically it's now getting more so.

Getting his selections so badly wrong for around 5 of the teams in the PL (effectively this is Leicester, West Ham, Chelsea, Watford, WBA - and we are not the worst of the examples) may just be a reflection of his prejudices (and who, among us, would have predicted, game after game, that Leicester would win enough to be top of the league?

No, I thought not.

But the Twonk's league placings results actually are not very important in terms of the prediction game itself, which is about the weekly results. So he cannot start to predict each game to get this overall League back to some sort of respectability. He predicted us to lose 2-0 and for 20 minutes that turned out not to have been such a bad prediction tbh.

The Twonk is just scoring each game as he sees it. and in fact he actually gets quite a few of ours right- It's very complicated, and maybe I'm not the one to explain this best coming from the Land of Cheese and Chocolate but I hope you understand at least where I am going to. Capisce?
  • How does he get quite few of ours right??? He predicts us to lose all the time.
    Surely the whole issue with this page is the fact he is so often wrong.

Not sure where you are coming from with that comment.
  • edited February 2016
    If had got quite a few of ours right we would have been near the bottom.
  • edited February 2016
    to be fair to the twonk, he's probably basing his predictions on reading what Hamstew predicts every game, without fail ;lol
  • Barracks ....... Maybe, Lawro really is Hamstew ;hmm
  • I'm a clown not a twonk
  • Hamstew ;hug

Not serious ;biggrin
  • Lord Lawro deserves a promotion to Linekars slot.
  • I'm not going to look back now (maybe later when I have some time) but from memory I think he has got four of our results right and 2 perfect scores right (and of course all of these were our defeats).

Hamstew - you're wrong in your comment if you think about it carefully, I'm just saying that he has got a few of the ones we lose right, obviously not the ones we win because he never predicts that we do.

His real league table is the one in which every week he is paired with competitors on the scores, and he leads them collectively at the moment. The League of his actual predictions is nothing to do with it or the game.

Would any of us with our predictions have done a lot better? eg with the Leicester scores? I doubt it.

Speaking personally (for I keep a rough note of my predictions) Chelsea are top of my prediction league because through the first half of the season I kept predicting that they would come good that game, and so there was a huge gap.

But I'm not going to start getting it deliberately wrong so that my table is closer to the actual one. In my prediction world they are going to win the League, Liverpool are 14th, Tottenham are 9th and er, West Ham are 3rd. Does that make me a twonk? Dont answer that... ;whistle

Anyway in everyone's League the Villa are bottom... ;lol
  • Swissiron said:

The Twonk is just scoring each game as he sees it. and in fact he actually gets quite a few of ours right

No he really doesn't.

He got his knickers in a twist from.the moment we had the front to beat LFC at Anfield, labeling us a poor side. He has barely had us down to win all season, he wants us to lose....simply because he called it wrong......it's not because he thinks we will anymore.

#ThreeTimes and he can't handle it.
  • edited February 2016
    Waves hand over lawros head
    And says
    " theeees are not the Druids we are looking for"

I mean
    Not the scores were looking for
    ;lol
  • edited February 2016
    Appologies swiss but I dont follow as when you said "obviously not the ones we win because he never predicts that we do." That is exactly what I meant.

He thinks we are gonna lose a load more than we have. Also take a look at the goal difference he predicted for its it's ridiculous.
  • For some reason he seems to ignore our form and still predicts us to lose week in week out more or less.
  • Lawro has us down for a win
  • Kiss of death. Lawro says we win, put your house on Blackburn.
  • If Lawro has us down for a win, I think I will put a tenner on Blackburn.
  • Laurie's job is not to get our (or anyone's) League placing right, it is to get right as many games as he can. At the moment he is doing it better than most of the people he is up against. And, at the risk of repeating myself, he has got many of our defeats right but not many of our victories .
    Does anyone out there understand the simple and beautiful truth of what I is sayin'? ;hug ;wahoo ;whistle ;whome ;pray ;cool ;star ;angel ;wink
  • For example, who knows, he may again be right about us at Blackburn ;pray
  • I think I know what Swiss means
  • edited February 2016
    No I do hear you Swiss. I understand that he is only predicting for that week’s games. However he has predicted us to win only 3 or so games and pretty much lose the rest. Chances are I’d expect him or anyone to get some of those losses right over the wins. How many of the losses has he got spot on anyway (a genuine question as I don’t know).
  • Ice Cube beat him one week ;lol
  • edited February 2016
    Cheers grey ;ok so he's got one of our defeats spot on.
  • There is a lot of pink on those charts!

Swiss - I sort of see where you are coming from but I do think he seems to totally ignore form when making his predictions and bases his guesses on history and inbuilt prejudice. It is true, at the start of the season, none of my predictions would have been for a Leicester win, but surely, as the season unfolds and we see what they have achieved, their ability to keep key players fit and the disastrous lack of form of some of the 'big boys' such as Man U and Liverpool you have to start modifying your predictions as the weeks go by. Now I would have much more confidence in a Leicester win, especially against the weaker teams, and they would by now be climbing the Loughtonman predictor table for sure.
  • From a quick check it looks like the Twonk has worse results for the performance of his beloved Liverpool than he has for West Ham. He's not predicted a single correct score for the Reds, but has got 4 bang on the button for the Irons. As I have to earn money for a living, I'm not going to do this exercise for any more of the PL teams, but there is a better and more revealing League table to be created from all this which shows how often he has got each team's result and score right, and that is the critical one. I am guessing that West Ham's overall placing in such an exercise would be somewhere in mid table, and the fact that the table will be completely different but is a better measure of his skills is what I was suggesting right at the start
    ;wink
  • I'll do it swiss! I'm bored....