TV and Films

Comments

• Suze, not sure that those shades suit you so well as the others

;run
  • I thought the film was fab.

But I cried a bit every time I saw Carrie Fisher.
  • Do you want a porg for Xmas ;biggrin
  • porg? whats a porg?
  • A little furry tennis player, Bjorn Porg.
  • Porg are those penguin type things on Luke's island in the film
  • Porgs are the latest marketing gimmick from Lucasfilms, Ewok-type cute aliens that are available as soft toys between £10 and £50 which kids will be pestering their parents to buy this Christmas

Ker-ching
  • Ok I get it know.... ta.
  • Suze, I think you've gone too far with the plastic surgery.
  • Suz you need a shave... ;scary
  • Missed the QF with Arsenal this evening (no bad thing by the sounds of it) and saw The Last Jedi. Won't give away any spoilers, really liked certain aspects of it, but, overall, was a bit disappointed. Not as good as A Force Awakens or Rogue 1 imo. Probably only about 6.5/10 for me.
  • edited December 2017
    The Shannara Chronicles on My5 worth a watch if you like your fantasy/wizards/rogues/trolls/gnomes/elves also some very nice women to look at to!
  • I don't have any interest at all in zombie films but for reasons unknown spent the afternoon watching Train To Busan. An afternoon well spent too.

Zombies. Thousands of them. On a train.

• edited January 2018
    Watching 12 strong
    ;nolan
    On the obi-wan-kenobi kodi

Waves hand
    These are not the droids we are looking for
  • Been watching Ozark on Netflix which is excellent IMO ;ok
  • Watching Britannia not bad good cast
  • Godless was good. Frontier is worth a watch. Watching end of the (swear word ) world at the moment which is good.
  • Stranger things
    Young boy vanished in a small town, secret experiments
    On Netflix
  • I've started my annual Oscar nominations watching spree. I've got two weeks off and I'm going to cram as much cinema time in as I can.

Saw "The Post" with Streep and Hanks yesterday, its okay but as with every other Spielberg it's a bit too sentimental, a bit too obvious, like being bludgeoned with a very soft pillow.

Next up either "Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri", "Darkest Hour" or "Call me by your name"
  • ASFEL I saw Three Billboards outside Ebbing Missouri last week and thought it was an excellent film, same director as In Bruges, which I also enjoyed.
  • To get away from the football I spent Sunday evening watching Swimming With Men. Comedy-drama in a similar vein to The Full Monty and will no doubt be described as a "feel-good movie for all the family". Coming to a cinema near you soon.
  • adecoker said:

To get away from the football ...

Sorry, you lost me. ;puzzled
  • MrsGrey said:

adecoker said:

To get away from the football ...

Sorry, you lost me. ;puzzled
    Portugal v Spain. France v Argentina. Belgium v Japan. England v Panama. That's about ten hours of my life I would have wasted.

• Lightweight ;whistle
  • Football, what football ;puzzled
  • I seem to find those season jobbies that start off with a bang and then steadily deteriorate into an unfathomalbe quagmire of goobly gook......Helix descended into nonesense, Zoo....who recruited there guys to save wildlife?? Good ones were DeepState, Seal Team, Taken2, Siren,(Mermaids umm really?) The Crossing....
    If you ever watched Still Water the, least scariest shark film ever, you need to bare your soul for the least riveting twaddle of all time "all is lost" starring Robert Redford,, whom I believe speaks 3 words throughout the tedium..how to make a martmite cookie more watchable.....
  • I’ve just watched a program from the 1980s, on bbc iPlayer called fourteen days in May. About a Guy in Mississippi convicted of murder, living his last couple of weeks on death row.
    Very emotional, and thought provoking, particularly in reference to changes in the world then and now. Just a remarkable piece of tv.
  • I watched a series on death row, about the time the state of Arkansas' supply of drugs used in executions were about to expire. They had to execute about 10 prisoners in about 2 weeks. It was a good watch but pretty sad, as they went through each individual prisoners story. I'm very glad we don't have the death penalty here.