September Internationals

England squad for the extender international break:

Goalkeepers: Jordan Pickford (Everton), Jason Steele (Brighton), James Trafford (Leeds United)

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Real Madrid), Jarrad Branthwaite (Everton), Trevoh Chalobah (Como), Marc Guehi (Manchester City), Lewis Hall (Newcastle), Ezri Konsa (Arsenal), Tino Livramento (Newcastle), Nico O'Reilly (Manchester City), Jarell Quansah (Bayer Leverkusen)

Midfielders: Elliot Anderson (Manchester City), Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid), Myles Lewis-Skelly (Arsenal), Kobbie Mainoo (Manchester United), Cole Palmer (Chelsea), Declan Rice (Arsenal), Alex Scott (Bournemouth)

Forwards: Harry Kane (Bayern Munich), Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Leeds United), Eberechi Eze (Arsenal), Anthony Gordon (Barcelona), Rio Ngumoha (Liverpool), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Morgan Rogers (Chelsea), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal)
«1

Comments

  • As far as I can see from the OS, Mavropanos has been called up by Greece, but not other senior internationals announces. Solomon is Israel captain (I think), so I'd be surprised if he wasn't called up for their games.

    Other than that, Chuk Obi has been called up by Denmark U18s and Bailey Pammenter is in the Czechia U18s too - which has taught me that he's apparently Czech.
  • Seen the latest Enid Blyton


  • I am surprised we didn't lose more players. These would be pointless fixtures in any year but coming just two months after a world cup makes them reach new levels of pointlessness. Those players missed out on the rest they would have achieved by the summer break and instead had to play intense high pressure matches.

    In my view this should be viewed as club sides view the Caraboo cup. Play the players Tuchel would like to get a look at outside of their club side and introduce some to the England set up for the first time. There will be players for which it would be an ambition achieved to get a cap for the national side and that is a far better use than dragging Declan Rice or Harry Kane all around Europe.
  • Unfortunately these are Nations League matches and have a bearing on rankings going forward and Euros qualification. The real question is why is there a Nations League in the first place as we already have the Euros
  • The real question is why is there a Nations League in the first place as we already have the Euros

    Because fixtures against similarly ranked sides, with stakes, are more useful for coaches and players than friendlies. And because you can’t have nothing at all if you want the Euros and World Cup to be competed by something resembling teams rather than strangers
  • There will still be friendlies during the year for coaches to try players and tactics. This is just one big break to join two breaks together but to have it just one month into a season which started barely a month after the end of the World Cup seems to show a lack of planning or consideration.
    It’s unlikely coaches will experiment with the Nations League if it impacts on their Euros chances so we’ve ended up with three competitions.
  • I don’t think the nations league is an issue, but I don’t particularly like the merging of the two breaks.
  • The autumn international breaks were a bit of a farce though, 3 breaks between September and Christmas is ridiculous imo.
  • I hate the international games, except for the World Cup and Euros.
  • I agree Whitehorse. I watched the Georgia v Northern Ireland game last night. There was about 20 school kids, half a dozen adults, a couple of dogs and an ice cream van in the stands. Not very encouraging to say the least. =)
  • I hate the international games, except for the World Cup and Euros.

    I personally don't understand why people feel that way, but also loads of people seem to and I'm aware I'm in the minority, so maybe I'm the wrong one. I wholeheartedly believe that you can't have a World Cup or Euros that is even close to entertaining or enjoyable without the other breaks, though.
  • edited September 26
    alderz said:

    I hate the international games, except for the World Cup and Euros.

    I personally don't understand why people feel that way, but also loads of people seem to and I'm aware I'm in the minority, so maybe I'm the wrong one. I wholeheartedly believe that you can't have a World Cup or Euros that is even close to entertaining or enjoyable without the other breaks, though.
    I don’t think anyone is wrong, just each to their own. If we all agreed or thought the same on everything it would be a very boring world 🤝
  • Howler by Guehi and we're behind in the 2nd minute
  • Even worse then some of the goals we give away
  • I'm only watching this as I really have nothing better to do =)
  • Good goal on the break , 1-1.
  • And a second, 2-1.
  • Why can't England do this in a real tournament =)
  • edited September 26
    Bit of a dive by Bellingham gets a penalty which Kane misses
  • England penalty after a VAR review.
  • Kane hits the bar.
  • Now another West ham oh I mean England mistake and its 2-2
  • Carved through and it’s 2-3
  • And now 2-3.
  • Moment of night……..channel surfing, and saw Danny Dyer making hammers sign in Strictly audience. 😂👍⚒️
  • edited September 27
    Channel surfing aye..
    Come on Scothammer, just admit you love a bit of cha cha cha 💃🕺
  • Ravel49 said:

    Channel surfing aye..
    Come on Scothammer, just admit you love a bit of cha cha cha 💃🕺

    No, but it shows how dangerous these international breaks are!
  • Klopp is winless as German manager, drew against Holland on Thursday then lost to Greece on Sunday

    Serbia next then Greece again
Sign In or Register to comment.