Next round of International Fixtures

Andy Irving gets a first call up for Scotland:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cjd51x9888lo

Comments

• could he end up being the find of the season =)
  • Bowen not called up for the next internationals
  • Ravel49 said:

Bowen not called up for the next internationals

I get that we've not started the season brilliantly, but this is massively disappointing for him, and I don't understand it.
  • alderz said:

Ravel49 said:

Bowen not called up for the next internationals

I get that we've not started the season brilliantly, but this is massively disappointing for him, and I don't understand it.
    Kinda makes sense to me, he wa already on the periphery and he's started poorly

Not sure who drops out of the squad for him
  • To be honest, with Saka and potentially Palmer playing in his position he seems to go and get precious little playing time which must be a little frustrating. But better than no call up! The Chelsea boy Noni M is Sakas back up?

With Palmer Foden and Bellingham now included I'll be interested to see who plays and where!
  • edited October 3
    Also, Man Utds worst ever start but Maguire gets a call up
  • edited October 3
    Bazshuayi said:

Also, Man Utds worst ever start but Maguire gets a call up

He's not in the latest squad as far as I can see.

Full England squad

Goalkeepers: Dean Henderson (Crystal Palace), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Nick Pope (Newcastle United)

Defenders: Marc Guehi (Crystal Palace), Ezri Konsa (Aston Villa), John Stones (Manchester City), Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Levi Colwill (Chelsea), Rico Lewis (Manchester City), Kyle Walker (Manchester City)

Midfielders: Conor Gallagher (Atletico Madrid), Kobbie Mainoo (Manchester United), Declan Rice (Arsenal), Cole Palmer (Chelsea), Morgan Gibbs-White (Nottingham Forest), Angel Gomes (Lille), Phil Foden (Manchester City), Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid)

Forwards: Jack Grealish (Manchester City), Anthony Gordon (Newcastle United), Harry Kane (Bayern Munich), Noni Madueke (Chelsea), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Ollie Watkins (Aston Villa), Dominic Solanke (Tottenham)
  • They mustve deleted him after my protest 🤪
  • Sort of agree that Bowen hasn’t really deserved being in the squad, his form hasn’t been great , obviously factors involved, team not playing well, new manager, and thrown in the extra weight/ responsibility of being captain….All IMO 👌⚒️
  • Should never have been made Captain .should have been Killman
  • No offence to everyone, but you’re all talking about my best friend and I’d like it if you stopped speaking negatively about him.
  • Who's that, Maguire or Bowen?
  • I get that he hasn't set the world on fire this season but some players get given the nod and their form is conveniently ignored. A lot of the time, especially in the past, your clubs status has a direct bearing IMO
  • Mavropanos starts tonight against England.
  • edited October 10
    Pickford very, very nearly gives a goal away after losing the ball outside his box (saved by a very good goal-line clearance), then comes for and misses the resulting corner (Mavropanos put the ball in the net but was offside).

Doesn't help that I can't stand him, but what a clown.
  • I am not sure I want England to do too well in these matches as it could result in another Southgate situation in which we end up with Carsley due to his record against teams we should easily beat if almost anyone was in charge, and yet when it comes to the big matches, when we need a manager to give us that extra five percent advantage in tactical nous we are found lacking. I would rather he held the seat only until an Eddie Howe or a Poch could be tempted.

My fear is that with the pick of the elite English players from mostly Champions league clubs he beats the likes of Greece and Finland who are probably championship standard at best and finds himself with the role permanently.
  • The fact that we're in the second tier of the Nations League this time around definitely makes Carsley's job much easier.
  • Oh dear. Greece's first ever goal at Wembley.
  • Cracking strike by Bellingham might have rescued a point.
  • Cracking strike by Bellingham might have rescued a point.

Or maybe not, Greece score a second in stoppage time.

• Could easily have been a late, late penalty for England, but nothing given, and it finishes 2-1 to Greece.
  • Paqueta did not have a good game in Brazil's 2-1 away win over Chile

Chile scored in the 2nd minute, he was booked in the 3rd minute and subbed at half time with the score 1-0.

He was playing deeper than he usually does for us or Brazil, paired with Wolves CM/DM Andre in a 4-2-3-1 who was also subbed at half time

The yellow card means he will be suspended for the game against Peru 1:45am Wednesday so hopefully he'll be allowed to fly back early and might be in decent shape for the Spurs game rather than starting on the bench as he did against Fulham after the last international break
  • Antonio didn't feature in Jamaica's 2-0 win away to Nicaragua yesterday (I think it might have been Thursday local time) which strikes me as a little unusual; Romario Williams, who plays in the USA second tier, played the whole 90 minutes at CF. Jamaica play again in the early hours of Tuesday morning (so Monday evening local time) when they host Honduras in another Concacaf Nations League fixture.
  • Kudus captained Ghana in their goalless draw at home to Sudan on Thursday; the reverse fixture in on Tuesday (2pm our time).
  • Mexico play at home to the USA in the early hours of Wednesday (Tuesday evening local time) so, he'll be one of the latest back along with Paqueta who, despite being suspended for Brazil's next match, will, I woulda thought, remain with the squad rather than be allowed to return early.
  • Of the European players, Coufal and Soucek both played 90 minutes against Albania last night and will probably feature in Monday's away game against Ukraine (to be played in Poland). Irving is on the bench for Scotland (playing now) who also take on Portugal on Tuesday. Areola was an unused sub for France on Thursday; they play Belgium away on Monday. Mavropanos played against England on Thursday and will likely feature at home to Republic of Ireland tomorrow evening.

I think that's most of the matches involving our current first team squad.
  • Irving doesn't get off the bench as Scotland see an equalising own goal in the 5th added minute (of 4) ruled out my VAR for a narrow offside in the build up and lose 2-1 to Croatia.
  • Antonio didn't feature in Jamaica's 2-0 win away to Nicaragua

Antonio was on the bench
  • Antonio didn't feature in Jamaica's 2-0 win away to Nicaragua

Antonio was on the bench
    Indeed, but he was an unused sub so didn't feature.